Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What about something like this? Save ya a few bob. :)

Neat and tidy but the wheels are too small! Big wheels are key.
    I know the sack trolley is €35 but divide that up for say two ppl and use it for more than one festival and it's invaluable! Came in handy around the house for lifting out an old fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Why are EP advertising on the front page of rte.ie?
    That's gotta be a waste of money considering they've sold out (and they even say that in the ad)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

That's gotta be a waste of money considering they've sold out (and they even say that in the ad)

I would say it's probably cause they are gonna make a packet off the secondary market where tickets are costing 500 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Neat and tidy but the wheels are too small! Big wheels are key.
    I know the sack trolley is €35 but divide that up for say two ppl and use it for more than one festival and it's invaluable! Came in handy around the house for lifting out an old fridge.

I used something similar to the one I linked last year. Absolute life saver. I was in the Family Camping so i probably didn't have as far to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mynamewasgone!

They probably prepaid for a certain amount of ads before it was sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 xchancellor

The ads are probably user specific, like Google, Facebook etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Rewind83 wrote: »
    I would say it's probably cause they are gonna make a packet off the secondary market where tickets are costing 500 quid
    yeah, all 10 tickets that are up there...

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

The cynic in me says that there'll be an announcement soon that due to demand more tickets have been made available. Its not often you see people actively advertising other gigs - the new promoters for EP this year could easily use pre paid for advertising slots to advertise other non sold out gigs but they're not. Strikes me as odd =P. I could be completely wrong though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

I'd be extremely surprised if more tickets weren't released. If not for the Sunday at least, 'sold out' far far too quick to be real.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Trinity Orchestra are doing gorillaz. Should be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Great choice, probably the bands best set of singles, and not too many weird freak out moments like Double Bass or Glitter Freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

D.Q wrote: »
    Trinity Orchestra are doing gorillaz. Should be great.

That just made my day, Sitting on the grass with a restorative beer and pizza listening to the Trinity Orchestra is the best start to the day :)

1230 on the Saturday? I'll have to drag myself out of the tent for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Yep, I will have me some of this. As mentioned, the Trinity Orchestra will be taking to the main stage on Saturday at 12:30PM to play their rendition of Demon Days.

****ing hell that's early.

It's about the same time the tent turns into a furnace so I'll definitely be awake at least..hope I can make it to the main stage

I've rarely made it into the arena before 2. I'll have to wake up extra early to get a few cans in me first.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I've rarely made it into the arena before 2. I'll have to wake up extra early to get a few cans in me first.

I honestly doubt my ability to get cans in me before 12 after the Friday but I'll have to try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

The cynic in me says that there'll be an announcement soon that due to demand more tickets have been made available. Its not often you see people actively advertising other gigs - the new promoters for EP this year could easily use pre paid for advertising slots to advertise other non sold out gigs but they're not. Strikes me as odd =P. I could be completely wrong though!

Festival republic are the promoters they don't have any other events in Ireland to advertise.

Normally for high demand gigs you'd here a small batch of extra tickets being released before the event to curb touts, but as discussed here at length they don't seem to care if touts make a killing.

Its hard to know, i was surprised it sold out so soon given the extra capacity etc and the line up hasn't one massive name (which isn't a bad thing)
    But last year the discount tickets mobilised a new generation of fans and popularity and profile of the festival reached new highs with "OMG you have to come with us next year" being said around the country. Its has also become the perennial date on the calender for event junkies, like what the Galway races, Irish and HEC Rugby games used be before.

The picnic used be a poorly kept secret now its far from a secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

In three weeks time we'll be like electronic fishes hiccuping backwards. :D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

I'm already in can't sleep mode! 3 weeks from now I'll be a mess..this whole month is like Christmas Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

when will the day by day lineups be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

paulbok wrote: »
    when will the day by day lineups be announced?

On the Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

BaZmO* wrote: »
    On the Friday morning.

Is it not usually a week or so in advance?

Not any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Not any more.
    Was up a day or two before the festival started last year coz I remember going through it on clashfinder.

Line up released Friday morning last year, but the previous years it's normally out by wed night/Thur morning. I'd normally get to print it out in work before leaving @5 Thursday.

Was up a day or two before the festival started last year coz I remember going through it on clashfinder.

Clash finder was using an estimated line up as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Ya I think you're right. Think they had the Main stage times released but not that helpful if you're looking for clashes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Ya I think you're right. Think they had the Main stage times released but not that helpful if you're looking for clashes!

It was the individual stages released their own times and Goldenplec released it as a whole.

http://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/electric-picnic-2/electric-picnic-2013/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement