Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I can't understand why Daniel Avery wasn't booked for the Rave in the Woods stage, he would have been absolutely perfect, he could easily take the Ben Klock crown from last year with the mental Drone Logic, he just seems such an obvious choice, I'm listening to his album at the moment which is a cracker. Don't get me wrong Joy Orbison and Boddika are great announcements too. I'm going to try and get him removed from the Bestival line up and placed into this one, its only right.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I've rarely made it into the arena before 2. I'll have to wake up extra early to get a few cans in me first.

The only reason i go into the arena when it opens every morning is to use the toilets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

The only reason i go into the arena when it opens every morning is to use the toilets :)

Noted and filed! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

If i got up early I'd use that advice!

Catching the portaloos furthest away from the usual ones is good just after they've been cleaned!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I haven't had a bad portaloo experience since using the long drops in 2010 (splashback from that was one of the most horrific experiences of my life).

I don't think the long drops have made a return since then and portaloos now seem to be cleaned every few hours rather than once over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Hopefully they remembered to order extra toilets for those 6000 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

AdMMM wrote: »
    I haven't had a bad portaloo experience since using the long drops in 2010 (splashback from that was one of the most horrific experiences of my life).

I don't think the long drops have made a return since then and portaloos now seem to be cleaned every few hours rather than once over the weekend.

Splash back from 6 feet??

Yes they have been there, in the Wilde camp site!

Took a **** in a wheelie bin at Glasto! Similar to the long drop but with bays that a wheelie bin slots into, throw in a bit of compost when done zero smell, no horrible views.

Anyone bound for Stradbally from Galway on the 24th August Sunday, if you have a spare seat in your car will contribute petrol money and the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Eod100 wrote: »
    Is it not usually a week or so in advance?

I thought they released who was playing on each day a few weeks in advance, and then a day or so before, the stages & times?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, day breakdowns are usually around the 1st/2nd week of August.
    stage times weren't even properly released last year. the main stages were released to media outlets/blogs on the Thursday evening. the smaller stages times came from various groups/sources over the week before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

paulbok wrote: »
    I thought they released who was playing on each day a few weeks in advance, and then a day or so before, the stages & times?

I've a vague recollection that they came out the day or two before and it looked like a ten year old fashioned them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

AdMMM wrote: »

You know what they say. Long drop, high splash.

I remember hearing in 2009 or 2010 that a woman dropped her handbag in a long-drop toilet, tried leaning in to retrieve it, and ended up half falling in, snagged by her legs but dangling with her face a few inches from the steaming surface as fresh turds dropped and splashed on either side of her along the length of the trough until someone rescued her. Possibly an urban myth, but a classic turd-related story nonetheless.

Dowdy wrote: »
    You know what they say. Long drop, high splash.

I remember hearing in 2009 or 2010 that a woman dropped her handbag in a long-drop toilet, tried leaning in to retrieve it, and ended up half falling in, snagged by her legs but dangling with her face a few inches from the steaming surface as fresh turds dropped and splashed on either side of her along the length of the trough until someone rescued her. Possibly an urban myth, but a classic turd-related story nonetheless.

http://news.sky.com/story/720495/girl-laughs-off-festival-loo-handbag-ordeal

Derry Clarke & friends announce an exclusive five star fine dining banquet in aid of Console
    With thanks to Electric Picnic

Delight in gastronomic dining, in sumptuous surrounds with a five star silver service at this year’s Picnic. For the first time, Ireland’s top chefs will join forces to create a Fine Dining Picnic in the opulent surrounds of a vintage Victorian king pole marquee reminiscent of bygone times.

With a feast fit for a King, Picnickers are urged to sign up for the banquet in aid of Console . Every single cent from the ticket sales will go directly to the charity with thanks to the Electric Picnic, who are covering all the associated costs . (See booking details below).

Michelin star chef Derry Clarke of L’Ecrivain will be hosting the ultimate picnic banquet alongsideChina Sichuan, Warren Massey of L'Gueuleton and Michelin star chef Ross Lewis of Chapter One. Fine Dining Picnic will be headed up by chef Lorcan Cribbin.

The luscious line up of food will consist of a starter prepared by Kevin Hui with course one and two served up by L’Ecrivain’s very own Derry Clarke. This will be followed by a serving of cheese from Warren Massey and finally, saving the best for last, Ross Lewis will serve up dessert.

Electric Picnic is famous for having some of the best festival food and this year it’s raising the bar with this gourmet gastronomic five course banquet which will also cater for veggies (please let us know when booking).

The dress code for the Ultimate Picnic Banquet is Black Tie come Festival Fabulous – attire will be provided but guests are more than welcome to bring along their Sunday best. So dress for dinner!

Seats are limited, with a total of five sittings over the weekend, the first on Friday at 5.30pm and two on Saturday and Sunday at 1.30pm and 5.30pm with each sitting lasting approximately two hours. Time is ticking and in order to absorb the sights and sounds, tastes and smells or just the fantastic vibe which will be at the Fine Dining Picnic, tickets are €120 and include a half bottle of wine.

Booking details : please call 01-4979337 or email support@give2go.ie

The Menu

Dim Sum
    Organic Sea Trout
    Walnut Gel, Fennel, Apple, Citrus Salad
    Dry Aged Beef
    Fillet, Steak & Kidney Pie, Pickled Mushroom, Watercress, Onion
    Silke Croppe’s Cavanbert Cheese
    Truffle Honey, Fig Chutney, Oriel Natural Sea Salt Crackers
    Fresh Raspberries & Baked Custard
    Gingerbread Crumb, Lime Curd, White Chocolate & Lavender
    Tea / Coffee & Petits Fours

(Vegetarian option)

No thanks to the banquet, will stick to my Charcoal Grill steak burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Fairly sure Joy Orbison is playing the Saturday night.

Dont be surprised if London Grammar pull out , They have had to cancel a few festivals already and have just pulled out of Sziget and Lowlands festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Dont be surprised if London Grammar pull out , They have had to cancel a few festivals already and have just pulled out of Sziget and Lowlands festival

Oo no! how come?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

The Menu

Dim Sum
    Organic Sea Trout
    Dry Aged Beef

(Vegetarian option)

there is absolutely NO chance of my stomach being able to keep that down after a day or two of hard partying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

D.Q wrote: »
    there is absolutely NO chance of my stomach being able to keep that down after a day or two of hard partying.

Well there is a first sitting on the Friday evening! :P

Whatever about the price (and I know it's for a great cause and Derry Clarke's personal connection to it, just wonder will many pay that) not sure many would be willing to spend 2 hours eating..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Fairly sure Joy Orbison is playing the Saturday night.
    You sure it won't be the Friday/Sunday? He's down to play Belfast on the Saturday night. I think he'll do the Ben Klock slot (Friday night).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

PadraigOK wrote: »
    You sure it won't be the Friday/Sunday? He's down to play Belfast on the Saturday night. I think he'll do the Ben Klock slot (Friday night).

Yeah but he's playing Belfast early that evening (7 I think) specifically so he can leave and go to EP according to the bookers facebook page so I assume thats so he can go down and play that night.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Well there is a first sitting on the Friday evening! :P

Whatever about the price (and I know it's for a great cause and Derry Clarke's personal connection to it, just wonder will many pay that) not sure many would be willing to spend 2 hours eating..

I'd say there'll be some minefields regulars lapping up that!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Oo no! how come?

She needs to rest her voice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

No London Grammar would absolutely suck :( Really really looking forward to em. That cover of Nightcall is so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Yeah but he's playing Belfast early that evening (7 I think) specifically so he can leave and go to EP according to the bookers facebook page so I assume thats so he can go down and play that night.
    I stand corrected. As you were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

The Menu

Dim Sum
    Organic Sea Trout
    Dry Aged Beef

(Vegetarian option)

Was about to sign up for that and then seen 2 hour sittings..too much of a risk of it clashing with someone coming up to half 7 on the Friday. Pity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

The Menu

Dim Sum
    Organic Sea Trout
    Dry Aged Beef

(Vegetarian option)

No offence to fancy dining, I like a slap up meal as much as anyone but for me, EP is all about Big Blue Bus Pizza, Pieminister and my body weight in noodles - for the soakage ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

No offence to fancy dining, I like a slap up meal as much as anyone but for me, EP is all about Big Blue Bus Pizza, Pieminister and my body weight in noodles - for the soakage ;)

I did wonder how odd it would be to eat that kind of meal in cargo shorts and a tshirt with wellies.
    Not the usual attire :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

All I ate last year was falafel, which was delicious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement