Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sure Queens of the Stone Age's biggest songs are repeating the names of drugs over and over again like a 15year old trying to sound cool, and the words "No-one Knows" and a 3-chord riff repeated for 3mins.
    band for people who couldn't deal with Kyuss not having choruses, innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Sorry lads I am aware of their earlier stuff well only stuff from ATLiens got it in a 2 for something deal years ago so know first hand I'm not missing out but take that with a pinch of salt as I've long since drifted well clear of that genre. Of course they've more than those 3 songs how would they be touted as potential headliners/headline elsewhere if they didn't have the material to fill the time slot??, Its a reunion tour so majority of what you'll get is the commercial stuff. The best rap group imo is Cypress Hill but you don't see them headlining any festivals maybe Outkast are because they're dressed so fresh and so clean??

If the majority of the set will be the commercial stuff they'll just be playing Hey Ya, Roses & Miss Jackson 5 times each so? You'd be hard pressed to find a hip hop group who can take a break for so many years and come back to headline 40 festivals around the world. A lot of people wouldn't be massive hip hop fans but like Outkast, not just because of tracks like Hey Ya, because they are the arguably the best hip hop group of all time.

The reunion is due to their first album being 20 years old so I'd say the set will be filled with their earlier stuff! The reason Cypress Hill ain't headlining any festivals is because they have been making terrible music for years, metal & dubstep fused hip hop doesn't work so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

cian68 wrote: »
    couldnt you reduce any song to sounding silly?

I don't get ya as I never doubted you couldn't. here's an example...
    sure Queens of the Stone Age's biggest songs are repeating the names of drugs over and over again like a 15year old trying to sound cool, and the words "No-one Knows" and a 3-chord riff repeated for 3mins.

And...
    Im not some big outkast fan
    Hey ya is about his marriage falling apart.

Dunno how yer regular John would know that between the multiple "Hey ya's" and shaking it like a Polaroid picture but fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Glad someone said it! Was getting a bit worried there.

There are some headliners that I really hate but kinda grasp why people like them but WHY! would QOTSA be a headliner? No talent, no depth, no development, nothing fresh + their "BEST" song is mediocre (that's being kind)

HighClass wrote: »
    If the majority of the set will be the commercial stuff they'll just be playing Hey Ya, Roses & Miss Jackson 5 times each so?
    Don't be silly as stated before they obviously have enough material so fresh so clean was also referenced in my previous post they also have B.O.B., the way you move prob more etc. all in the commercial bracket.
    HighClass wrote: »
    The reunion is due to their first album being 20 years old so I'd say the set will be filled with their earlier stuff! The reason Cypress Hill ain't headlining any festivals is because they have been making terrible music for years, metal & dubstep fused hip hop doesn't work so much!

You hope they do you're a fan I get it as for Cypress Hill they've only released 2 albums in the last 10 years thought the last one was shockin' alright never realized they had a dupstep thing but anything dubstep I wouldn't touch off anyways so no wonder.
    Fatfrog wrote: »
    Glad someone said it! Was getting a bit worried there.

There are some headliners that I really hate but kinda grasp why people like them but WHY! would QOTSA be a headliner? No talent, no depth, no development, nothing fresh + their "BEST" song is mediocre (that's being kind)

Why couldn't you say it yourself??

Not sure what you think their best song is but ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Morrison J wrote: »
    Worthy headliners without a doubt, the biggest hip/hop duo ever.

Bit of a dubious one really, are you classing duo hip hop acts as a separate genre? As a hip hop act they have sold a lot of records but are nowhere near the biggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Just heard on the radio that on page 3 of The Sun (#DBTS!) it confirms that QOTSA, Beck, Outkast & Damon Albarn are the headliners. Don't know how trustworthy that is and wouldn't be surprised if their source was the fake poster! Not blown away by these if it is true but I'm sure they'd put on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Can I be pedantic and point out that Hey Ya was an Andre 3000 solo effort?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

If you're complaining about OutKast headlining you presumably just don't like hip-hop. Andre 3000 is probably the best rapper around right now (when people like Rakim aren't around anyway).

LUPE wrote: »
    Can I be pedantic and point out that Hey Ya was an Andre 3000 solo effort?
    Can I point out that that song is from an album that is effectively 2 solo albums but released under the Outkast name if they play live I can't see them overlooking that album regardless of weather they were really solo efforts.

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    If you're complaining about OutKast headlining you presumably just don't like hip-hop. Andre 3000 is probably the best rapper around right now (when people like Rakim aren't around anyway).
    Rakim is around right now just collaborated with Stinkin Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

19th it is..

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/444428191919132672

They musn't watch Brooklyn 99 with having Save The Dates on the poster..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ticket info:
    Electric Picnic 2014 ticket prices

Between 19th March - 18th April (Midnight)

€154.50 if you can prove you've been to 3 or more Picnics

€174.50 if you can prove you've been to the Picnic once/twice before

€194.50 if you haven't been before

April 19th – July 4th(Midnight)

€194.50 weekend tickets

After July 4th midnight

€229.50 weekend tickets

Day Tickets

€90.00

Campervan tickets

€60

Instalment Plans

3 or more Picnics

First Charge €54.50 + service charge // Second Charge €50 // Third Charge €50

1 or 2 Picnics

First Charge €59 + service charge // Second Charge €59 // Third Charge €56.50

Not been before – Early Bird

First Charge €65 + service Charge // Second Charge €65 // Third Charge €64.50

more info:
    http://electricpicnic.ie/tickets1

Great value again, fair play EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

ticket info:

more info:

Not a huge amount but seems every ticket it up a fiver besides the campervan and €229 ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Excellent. Gonna hold off until the announcement is made to see who they've got lined up. Chances are I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Fair play on the price plan once again. 150 odd quid is great value for money!!

how do you get the code if you haven't got one from last year? Do you email now with the pics or wait till next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

And so it starts!! "Anyone got a photo of some wristbands I can use??"

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    And so it starts!! "Anyone got a photo of some wristbands I can use??"

Ha, got the stubs etc that I need but don't know when to send it cos I left it too late last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sorry lads I am aware of their earlier stuff well only stuff from ATLiens got it in a 2 for something deal years ago so know first hand I'm not missing out but take that with a pinch of salt as I've long since drifted well clear of that genre. Of course they've more than those 3 songs how would they be touted as potential headliners/headline elsewhere if they didn't have the material to fill the time slot??, Its a reunion tour so majority of what you'll get is the commercial stuff. The best rap group imo is Cypress Hill but you don't see them headlining any festivals maybe Outkast are because they're dressed so fresh and so clean??

Oh if you're interested they're playing a festival in Florida in April. (I'm also fairly sure they played some awful festival in Hungary/Poland last year). So ya you do see them headlining festivals.

I must be incorrect in thinking that the bookers for Coachella, Wireless, Openair and Bestival have their finger well off the pulse by making them headliners. I wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

ticket info:

more info:

How do the reduced price tickets compare to last year, I cant remember?

How do the reduced price tickets compare to last year, I cant remember?

I think they were 150 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

I'm pretty sure that each category was increased by a fiver from last year. Really looking forward to seeing the lineup on Wednesday now.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Before anyone shouts at me....but....

I'd sooner pay more than the 150 to get a better line up on the Friday night
    Last years Friday night was a disgrace IMO.

Last years price decrease really was reflected in the festival in comparison to previous years

Rfrip wrote: »
    Before anyone shouts at me....but....

I'd sooner pay more than the 150 to get a better line up on the Friday night
    Last years Friday night was a disgrace IMO.

Last years price decrease really was reflected in the festival in comparison to previous years

Agreed on the line up not being that great last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Here's the full info on the discounts http://electricpicnic.ie/howtoclaimyourticketdiscountcode

Here's a question, say you bought last years at the fully discounted rate, do you have to go and prove it all again or will they email the full discount code again after ordering last year?

Here's the full info on the discounts http://electricpicnic.ie/howtoclaimyourticketdiscountcode

Here's a question, say you bought last years at the fully discounted rate, do you have to go and prove it all again or will they email the full discount code again after ordering last year?

I had been to 8 EP's as of last year but never bought an official ticket for any of them, got some for free or cheap so had no proof bar some photos. When I rang TM they just gave me a code and never asked. I think they just want bums on seat quick so I think they are not to fussed about the proof stuff....

My mate also gave them pics of him at ramdom other festivals and he got a code.

• Advertisement

Can you only do the installment payments online or can you do it in the ticketmaster outlets as well?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement