Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

All I ate last year was falafel, which was delicious.

Did ya try the new Great Food Falafels in Dunnes Stores. Delicious.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Theres a story of the dance tent in glastonbury being closed for a day in 1998.

'98 was a really wet year and there was a massive pool of water in the middle of the dance tent. They decided to pump it out using the tankers they extract the **** out of the toilets. In classic Tom from father ted fashion, someone pressed out instead of in and covered the whole ground with ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

No offence to fancy dining, I like a slap up meal as much as anyone but for me, EP is all about Big Blue Bus Pizza, Pieminister and my body weight in noodles - for the soakage ;)

Cheap date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jeez, the amount of EP adds on today fm is serious! Wouldn't like not to have a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Dont be surprised if London Grammar pull out , They have had to cancel a few festivals already and have just pulled out of Sziget and Lowlands festival

F*ck, I hope you are wrong about that! I was really excited to see them. :(

Edit: Looked into it, they seem to say they are "reducing the workload" as opposed to taking time out completely so hopefully it won't effect EP. Fingers crossed anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd be sickened if they didn't play. Looking forward to seeing them the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Derry Clarke & friends announce an exclusive five star fine dining banquet in aid of Console
    With thanks to Electric Picnic

Delight in gastronomic dining, in sumptuous surrounds with a five star silver service at this year’s Picnic. For the first time, Ireland’s top chefs will join forces to create a Fine Dining Picnic in the opulent surrounds of a vintage Victorian king pole marquee reminiscent of bygone times.

With a feast fit for a King, Picnickers are urged to sign up for the banquet in aid of Console . Every single cent from the ticket sales will go directly to the charity with thanks to the Electric Picnic, who are covering all the associated costs . (See booking details below).

Michelin star chef Derry Clarke of L’Ecrivain will be hosting the ultimate picnic banquet alongsideChina Sichuan, Warren Massey of L'Gueuleton and Michelin star chef Ross Lewis of Chapter One. Fine Dining Picnic will be headed up by chef Lorcan Cribbin.

The luscious line up of food will consist of a starter prepared by Kevin Hui with course one and two served up by L’Ecrivain’s very own Derry Clarke. This will be followed by a serving of cheese from Warren Massey and finally, saving the best for last, Ross Lewis will serve up dessert.

Electric Picnic is famous for having some of the best festival food and this year it’s raising the bar with this gourmet gastronomic five course banquet which will also cater for veggies (please let us know when booking).

The dress code for the Ultimate Picnic Banquet is Black Tie come Festival Fabulous – attire will be provided but guests are more than welcome to bring along their Sunday best. So dress for dinner!

Seats are limited, with a total of five sittings over the weekend, the first on Friday at 5.30pm and two on Saturday and Sunday at 1.30pm and 5.30pm with each sitting lasting approximately two hours. Time is ticking and in order to absorb the sights and sounds, tastes and smells or just the fantastic vibe which will be at the Fine Dining Picnic, tickets are €120 and include a half bottle of wine.

Booking details : please call 01-4979337 or email support@give2go.ie

The Menu

Dim Sum
    Organic Sea Trout
    Walnut Gel, Fennel, Apple, Citrus Salad
    Dry Aged Beef
    Fillet, Steak & Kidney Pie, Pickled Mushroom, Watercress, Onion
    Silke Croppe’s Cavanbert Cheese
    Truffle Honey, Fig Chutney, Oriel Natural Sea Salt Crackers
    Fresh Raspberries & Baked Custard
    Gingerbread Crumb, Lime Curd, White Chocolate & Lavender
    Tea / Coffee & Petits Fours

(Vegetarian option)

It's far from all that I was reared.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Rfrip wrote: »
    It's far from all that I was reared.....

Cabbage and bacon for you so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Was looking for the breakdown of days someone put up here a while ago. Any help please? so many pages

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Can't wait for a Pieminister there. Had 3 and Arctic Monkeys a few weeks ago.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

Hi lads, just wondering if you can camp anywhere with the family camping ticket? I pretty sure you can but I I just want to know for peace of mind. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Hi, a little off topic but just wondering if anyone has any experience of staying in portlaoise during festival? What are transport options like? and what time do they finish up? and are taxis difficult to come by? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hi, a little off topic but just wondering if anyone has any experience of staying in portlaoise during festival? What are transport options like? and what time do they finish up? and are taxis difficult to come by? Thanks

Theres a regular festival shuttle bus that runs from Portlaoise to the festival site, throughout the weekend as far as I know, you will probably get more info about it in the Electric Picnic.ie website.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Theres a regular festival shuttle bus that runs from Portlaoise to the festival site, throughout the weekend as far as I know, you will probably get more info about it in the Electric Picnic.ie website.

I know Lidl did a shuttle bus one year there is also a local company I think they are Martleys. Taxi would be around €15-20

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Bought my ticket back in march..can hardly believe it's 3 weeks away & a whole year has gone by since last year!!! Sat down last night & made out my list of things to bring..literally feels like Christmas time here the excitement is becoming too much :)!!! Having looked through the thread each day I see Annie Mac hasn't been mentioned much, I certainly hope she will be the Saturday night late slot "ARE YOU RAVING OR BEHAVING" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

I'm having my annual nerves of weather I'll be cutting corn the same weekend as the picnic, hasn't clashed in 4 years so fingers crossed

I'm having my annual nerves of weather I'll be cutting corn the same weekend as the picnic, hasn't clashed in 4 years so fingers crossed

What are the terms on cutting corn that you don't know if you'll be doing it 3 weeks from now!?
    Not taking the piss..genuinely interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

What are the terms on cutting corn that you don't know if you'll be doing it 3 weeks from now!?
    Not taking the piss..genuinely interested!
    That bright yellow thing in the sky, and rain! And there's a time frame when It had to be done, from ripe to over ripe :)

That bright yellow thing in the sky, and rain! And there's a time frame when It had to be done, from ripe to over ripe :)

Well I certainly hope the bright yellow thing is there. Just not the rain!

Really need to get my finger out and get a tent sorted now before I end-up leaving it too late and buying a shíte over-priced one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Hi lads, just wondering if you can camp anywhere with the family camping ticket? I pretty sure you can but I I just want to know for peace of mind. Thanks.

Yeah you can camp anywhere.

You can't get into the family campsite though with a Weekend ticket.

Note to self: register kids:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Was up a day or two before the festival started last year coz I remember going through it on clashfinder.

Clashfinder were filling in the time table from information from all over the place last year. They were getting times from band pages, etc.

It was damn late before EP released the official timetable.

The prices on Get Me In - 'the official resale partner of Ticketmaster & EP' are crazy. They are ranging from 352 to 440 sterling a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Duff wrote: »
    Really need to get my finger out and get a tent sorted now before I end-up leaving it too late and buying a shíte over-priced one.

got a great north gear 4 man off amazon for 70. Had it up in the back garden during the bad storms a few weeks back and it was absolutely grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Cheap date!!
    "Fatfrog, you have no idea mate, im the cheapest date going. Beer, Carbs, Bands!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

just got back from Johnny Marr at leopardstown. Played the same set he did at EP last year, definitely raised my already my excitement levels...and i was already at DefCon 1

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

alastair wrote: »
    Yes it is - in writing. In reality - it's not quite so black and white ( as I've already pointed out).

Yu are again 100% wrong on this, take it from someone who works in an area that has full knowledge on who gets to camp there, if people were getting to camp there who kid not have kids, people would be getting fired, its family for a reason, I believe you can trade tickets for regular camping but they do not allow non families into family camping

D.Q wrote: »
    got a great north gear 4 man off amazon for 70. Had it up in the back garden during the bad storms a few weeks back and it was absolutely grand.

Link? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

Really looking forward to Nick Mulvey on the Sunday. Only found him today and I'd say he'll be great live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Was looking for the breakdown of days someone put up here a while ago. Any help please? so many pages
    PadraigOK wrote: »
    Updated:

Beck - Fri (tentatively)
    Foals - Fri
    PSB - Fri
    Omar Souleyman - Fri
    Young Fathers - Fri
    Blondie - Fri
    Twin Shadow - Fri
    Bicep - Fri
    Wild Beasts - Fri or Sat
    Mogwai - Fri or Sun
    The Strypes - Fri or Sun

Portishead - Sat
    Metronomy - Sat
    Sohn - Sat
    Paolo Nutini - Sat
    John Wizards - Sat
    Annie Mac - Sat
    Clean Bandit - Sat
    Bombay Bicycle Club - Sat
    Kaytranada - Sat
    Simple Minds - Sat or Sun
    The 1975 - Sat or Sun

Outkast - Sun (tentatively)
    Sinead O'Connor - Sun
    Lily Allen - Sun
    Laura Mvula - Sun
    Temples - Sun
    Drenge - Sun
    Duke Dumont - Sun
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sun
    Wolf Alice - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun
    Nightbox - Sun
    Kelis - Sun
    The Horrors - Sun
    Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Sun
    Nick Mulvey - Sun
    Asgeir - Sun
    Jungle - Sun
    Neneh Cherry - Sun

Could this mean we'll get a full Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

King Kong Company
    Yes after being called one of the highlights of EP 2013 by Today FM, we're back at the biggest festival on the Irish music calendar!

We're closing the Salty Dog stage on the Sunday night :)

SET TIME: 1.30am to... (no kidding this is what we're been told)....until we can't play anymore.

They'll live to regret that!

https://www.facebook.com/events/258528697681125/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement