Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yu are again 100% wrong on this, take it from someone who works in an area that has full knowledge on who gets to camp there, if people were getting to camp there who kid not have kids, people would be getting fired, its family for a reason, I believe you can trade tickets for regular camping but they do not allow non families into family camping

First and only time in the Family Campsite last year and they were super strict on checking wristbands to and from the campsite. On average they checked about 6 or 7 times. I counted 12 checks at point over the weekend.

Can't see how they'd let someone in at the beginning on the promise of a kid following on the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Gutted absolutely gutted, have to be up Monday morning.

FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

I'll be taking a nap around 11pm to go all night Sunday. KK company are epic

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone know any good places doing good deals on decent tents?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

Just ordered my tent, below. Free Delivery option available to ROI, takes 4-5 days so would advise ordering it now and saving 10-20 quid on delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004LB4BOU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

lbj666 wrote: »
    Theres a story of the dance tent in glastonbury being closed for a day in 1998.

'98 was a really wet year and there was a massive pool of water in the middle of the dance tent. They decided to pump it out using the tankers they extract the **** out of the toilets. In classic Tom from father ted fashion, someone pressed out instead of in and covered the whole ground with ****e.

I have vague memories of a dim and distant Feile, when a dance tent was virtually collapsed by a load of how-a-yes shimmying up the inner pole and sliding down the sides. In the process of sliding down they were colliding with people still dancing inside the tent and landing on people outside. There were a crowd of Hari Krishnas outside, watching and handing out rice, as they do, and they confronted the delinquents at which point rice, robes and scobies were scattered everywhere. Ah but we had the craic back then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Duff wrote: »
    Link? :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/North-Gear-Camping-Waterproof-Green/dp/B0086SCTI4/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1407457927&sr=1-1&keywords=north+gear+camping+mars+waterproof+4+man+dome+tent

appx 70e delivered to the door! :)

edit: legitimately withstood all of that bad weather and very spacious inside! wouldnt actually suit 4 people I dont think, but it'll certainly do for me + stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭roll

lbj666 wrote: »
    Theres a story of the dance tent in glastonbury being closed for a day in 1998.

'98 was a really wet year and there was a massive pool of water in the middle of the dance tent. They decided to pump it out using the tankers they extract the **** out of the toilets. In classic Tom from father ted fashion, someone pressed out instead of in and covered the whole ground with ****e.

i have a picture of this somewhere-it was pretty disgusting at the time! it didn't help organisers at the time that loads of people were trying to get a look in while they were trying to 'clean' the place-i thought it was 2000 tho but maybe wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Updated:

Beck - Fri (tentatively)
    Foals - Fri
    PSB - Fri
    Omar Souleyman - Fri
    Young Fathers - Fri
    Blondie - Fri
    Twin Shadow - Fri
    Bicep - Fri
    Tune-Yards - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri
    Wild Beasts - Fri or Sat
    Mogwai - Fri or Sun
    The Strypes - Fri or Sun

Portishead - Sat
    Metronomy - Sat
    Sohn - Sat
    Paolo Nutini - Sat
    John Wizards - Sat
    Annie Mac - Sat
    Clean Bandit - Sat
    Bombay Bicycle Club - Sat
    Kaytranada - Sat
    SBTRKT - Sat
    St Vincent - Sat
    Hozier - Sat
    The Stranglers - Sat
    White Denim - Sat
    Meltybrains? - Sat
    Moodoid - Sat
    Simple Minds - Sat or Sun
    The 1975 - Sat or Sun

Outkast - Sun (tentatively)
    Sinead O'Connor - Sun
    Lily Allen - Sun
    Laura Mvula - Sun
    Temples - Sun
    Drenge - Sun
    Duke Dumont - Sun
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sun
    Wolf Alice - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun
    Nightbox - Sun
    Kelis - Sun
    The Horrors - Sun
    Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Sun
    Nick Mulvey - Sun
    Asgeir - Sun
    Jungle - Sun
    Neneh Cherry - Sun
    Hercules and Love Affair - Sun
    The Wailers - Sun
    Perfume Genius - Sun
    Francois & The Atlas Mountains - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Yu are again 100% wrong on this, take it from someone who works in an area that has full knowledge on who gets to camp there, if people were getting to camp there who kid not have kids, people would be getting fired, its family for a reason, I believe you can trade tickets for regular camping but they do not allow non families into family camping

Well - the situation that I'm aware of was of a legit family who had a family camping ticket, registered their kid, but the kid didn't come down until the Sunday. The difference between a 'non-family' and a 'family-currently-missing-a-registered-kid' is kinda academic, if the kid subsequently doesn't show, or is brought home early. Not a family camper myself, but definitely know of parents who had to deal with kid hassles having paid for family ticket.

• Advertisement

I hope on high that Portishead and St Vincent don't clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Halfords have a tent sale on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

a few good Regatta ones half-price on Argos:
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=REGATTA+DOME+TENT&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

PadraigOK wrote: »
    I hope on high that Portishead and St Vincent don't clash.

Damn straight, though I did catch her last year with DB so Portishead will win out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Damn straight, though I did catch her last year with DB so Portishead will win out for me.

This gig is in my top 5 ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Updated:

Beck - Fri (tentatively)
    Foals - Fri
    PSB - Fri
    Omar Souleyman - Fri
    Young Fathers - Fri
    Blondie - Fri
    Twin Shadow - Fri
    Bicep - Fri
    Tune-Yards - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri
    Wild Beasts - Fri or Sat
    Mogwai - Fri or Sun
    The Strypes - Fri or Sun

Portishead - Sat
    Metronomy - Sat
    Sohn - Sat
    Paolo Nutini - Sat
    John Wizards - Sat
    Annie Mac - Sat
    Clean Bandit - Sat
    Bombay Bicycle Club - Sat
    Kaytranada - Sat
    SBTRKT - Sat
    St Vincent - Sat
    Hozier - Sat
    The Stranglers - Sat
    White Denim - Sat
    Meltybrains? - Sat
    Moodoid - Sat
    Simple Minds - Sat or Sun
    The 1975 - Sat or Sun

Outkast - Sun (tentatively)
    Sinead O'Connor - Sun
    Lily Allen - Sun
    Laura Mvula - Sun
    Temples - Sun
    Drenge - Sun
    Duke Dumont - Sun
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sun
    Wolf Alice - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun
    Nightbox - Sun
    Kelis - Sun
    The Horrors - Sun
    Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Sun
    Nick Mulvey - Sun
    Asgeir - Sun
    Jungle - Sun
    Neneh Cherry - Sun
    Hercules and Love Affair - Sun
    The Wailers - Sun
    Perfume Genius - Sun
    Francois & The Atlas Mountains - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun

Ledge!! Thanks for this.

Sunday looks a bit bleak so far.

I assume the foals with play before Beck on the main stage and psb will headline the EA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Sorry if its been asked before. Its my first time time going to EP. Can you buy ice at EP to bring back to your tents to stick in a cooler box? If so, is there a designated area I should watch out for?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ledge!! Thanks for this.

Sunday looks a bit bleak so far.

I assume the foals with play before Beck on the main stage and psb will headline the EA?

No sweat.

Ye'd imagine it'll be something like (solely based on the lineup last year):

Main Stage
    Beck
    Foals
    Blondie
    Omar Souleyman
    Twin Shadow/Token Irish Act

EA
    PSB
    ???

Just hope that Young Fathers and Tune-Yards play the post 12 slots in B&S. That'll be a perfect Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Sorry if its been asked before. Its my first time time going to EP. Can you buy ice at EP to bring back to your tents to stick in a cooler box? If so, is there a designated area I should watch out for?

Ya, i think they sell it in the shops in the Jimmy Hendriks.
    My plan is to drink Bavaria, it's more drinkable at room temperature than the other muck :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Really looking forward to Nick Mulvey on the Sunday. Only found him today and I'd say he'll be great live.

Nice! Didn't know he was playing at all. Must really go down through the bill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yes you usually can, but keep in mind if it's anyway sunny ice will sell out straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Are Heineken doing the beer minding scheme that they ran last year?
    Can't see any mention on the EP site

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Theres a Super Valu in the town five mins away from the festival site, so you shouldn't have any problems getting ice.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Besiktas vs Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

Theres a Super Valu in the town five mins away from the festival site, so you shouldn't have any problems getting ice.

there is also ice for sale in the shop in the campsites mace or whatever shops are there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Besiktas vs Arsenal

Wrong forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Man I hope PSB and Beck won't clash but doesn't look good. Now, where to get my devil's haircut....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Besiktas vs Arsenal

Just announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Looking forward to this guy from Syria, looks a similar buzz to Tinariwen from 2008 on the main stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Acts announced for the Jerry Fish stage

http://electricpicnic.ie/jerryfishelectricsideshowreturns

Wouldn't mind checking out The Lost Brothers, Richie Egan, John Blek and I'm your vinyl if there's no clashes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement