Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Eod100 wrote: »
    Acts announced for the Jerry Fish stage

http://electricpicnic.ie/jerryfishelectricsideshowreturns

Wouldn't mind checking out The Lost Brothers, Richie Egan, John Blek and I'm your vinyl if there's no clashes.

Nice Camille O'Sullivan too, have always wanted to see her.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

johnny marr not playing this years festival , just announced on his FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Johnny Marr just confirmed he will NOT be playing Picnic

Johnny Marr just confirmed he will NOT be playing Picnic

thats old news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just in case anyone missed it, Jonny Marr isn't playing EP! Well you could have knocked me out with a feather. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

J'en ai marre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Eod100 wrote: »
    Acts announced for the Jerry Fish stage

http://electricpicnic.ie/jerryfishelectricsideshowreturns

Wouldn't mind checking out The Lost Brothers, Richie Egan, John Blek and I'm your vinyl if there's no clashes.

Will defo be checking out Crow Black Chicken seen them a couple of years ago in Jimmy's hut (I think that's the name) Well worth checking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

PadraigOK wrote: »
    No sweat.

Ye'd imagine it'll be something like (solely based on the lineup last year):

Main Stage
    Beck
    Foals
    Blondie
    Omar Souleyman
    Twin Shadow/Token Irish Act

EA
    PSB
    ???

Just hope that Young Fathers and Tune-Yards play the post 12 slots in B&S. That'll be a perfect Friday.

I know I went over this before, but Beck now? Where are you getting the info he is on the friday? His website has him at electric picnic on the friday, saturday and sunday.

Foals too just have the start date of the festival down. PSB seem the only ones almost definitely on the Friday out of those 3 bands, but even they could play the Saturday according to their live schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

This is a song from Johnny pluse and the storm troopers of love, they're playing trenchtown Saturday night, it's an absolute stomper of a song and when heard live it drives everyone into a frenzy :D actually feel like puking with excitement at this stage, come oooooooon ta fcuk already ep! http://soundcloud.com/johnnypluse/johnnypluse-the-strom-troopers-of-love-redemption-free-tune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is a song from Johnny pluse and the storm troopers of love, they're playing trenchtown Saturday night, it's an absolute stomper of a song and when heard live it drives everyone into a frenzy :D actually feel like puking with excitement at this stage, come oooooooon ta fcuk already ep! http://soundcloud.com/johnnypluse/johnnypluse-the-strom-troopers-of-love-redemption-free-tune

Yeah why is it not happening yet!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 musikaaaaaa

Managed to secure 2 vip tickets from a friend who cannot go anymore. Was a tough week hunting for tickets with so many deplorable touts around. Has anyone went vip at ep before? Are there any decent perks? Cant find much info. I am just glad to be going now.

Managed to secure 2 vip tickets from a friend who cannot go anymore. Was a tough week hunting for tickets with so many deplorable touts around. Has anyone went vip at ep before? Are there any decent perks? Cant find much info. I am just glad to be going now.

Just a seperate bar that has no atmosphere to the right hand side of the main stage

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

you can camp in the boutique campsite which is much nicer than the general camping and you have access to the vip bar which is very handy. You also get access to the vip car park which reduces walking/lugging gear time dramatically.

Thanks for the info. We are going in a campervan as usual so wont get the benefits of boutique camping. And the bar sounds a bit grim so will give that a miss. I am assuming we will get different wristbands though so hoping we can get these from the wristband area in the campervan site.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Thanks for the info. We are going in a campervan as usual so wont get the benefits of boutique camping. And the bar sounds a bit grim so will give that a miss. I am assuming we will get different wristbands though so hoping we can get these from the wristband area in the campervan site.

The bar is grand, much easier to get a drink at when you are at the main stage and nice to chill out in, not sure about the wristbands, id say email and ask

Thanks. Does anyone know the email address for ep?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Thanks. Does anyone know the email address for ep?

enquiries@festivalrepublic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭roll

has anyone seen blondie in the last 12 months? have heard bad reports... also, the way their tour is going, the prospect of slowdive is tantalising!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

roll wrote: »
    has anyone seen blondie in the last 12 months? have heard bad reports... also, the way their tour is going, the prospect of slowdive is tantalising!

Slowdive were amazing at Primavera, probably the best thing I saw. Part of what made them so good was the amazing sound though. What's the sound been like at EP in recent years? Last time I was there was 2007 and it wasn't great in the tents. Hopefully it's improved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

peteeeed wrote: »
    Just a seperate bar that has no atmosphere to the right hand side of the main stage

In a nutshell!!!althou the loos there are super handy

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭roll

Slowdive were amazing at Primavera, probably the best thing I saw. Part of what made them so good was the amazing sound though. What's the sound been like at EP in recent years? Last time I was there was 2007 and it wasn't great in the tents. Hopefully it's improved.

here's hoping they're in the electric arena after sundown....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

paulbok wrote: »
    Are Heineken doing the beer minding scheme that they ran last year?
    Can't see any mention on the EP site

that was an absolute disaster last year-you had to wait while they got your specific cans-never doing it again-waiting time is about an hour to get your cans back each time

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

That is a class tune , never heard of him/them before , any more good recommendations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Sorry that was a reply to the person who put up the johnny pulse tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sir kipling

Hey everyone this will be both my first post and first EP I'm just curious about something I'll be going on my own doing the tour de picnic as my friend has dropped out (lack of fitness hitting the beer too much) however, I've been keeping with the training and raised my money so I wont drop out now.

That being said I just wanna know from you guys (basically require reassurance) will everything be grand going on my own I'm dead excited to see most of the acts in particular Beck

Thanks for reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Hey everyone this will be both my first post and first EP I'm just curious about something I'll be going on my own doing the tour de picnic as my friend has dropped out (lack of fitness hitting the beer too much) however, I've been keeping with the training and raised my money so I wont drop out now.

That being said I just wanna know from you guys (basically require reassurance) will everything be grand going on my own I'm dead excited to see most of the acts in particular Beck

Thanks for reading

I'm going with a bunch of people and tbh the only time they'll see me is at the tent at night when going asleep and when j wake.
    I doubt I'll even see my gf much at it.

Festivals are better on your own I reckon. You'll have a great time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I always go with my wife and friends. I probably would only see her when I go back for a few cans and I'm off straight away again. Would meet her inside at around 11 or 12 to see a band together repeat the same everyday. You will always meet other people, be it at the tent or inside everyone gets on fairly well.

I would love to go on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Hi, I understand no ticket talk is allowed but just looking for advice on a swap site or some such. My friend has weekend ticket and can only make Sunday just looking for a swap with difference in price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Hi, I understand no ticket talk is allowed but just looking for advice on a swap site or some such. My friend has weekend ticket and can only make Sunday just looking for a swap with difference in price

Try toutless.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement