Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Hi, I understand no ticket talk is allowed but just looking for advice on a swap site or some such. My friend has weekend ticket and can only make Sunday just looking for a swap with difference in price
    Maybe put ad up on donedeal ?

Just checking out foals can't wait to see them, and blondie looks ****e live hahA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

Thanks for the info. We are going in a campervan as usual so wont get the benefits of boutique camping. And the bar sounds a bit grim so will give that a miss. I am assuming we will get different wristbands though so hoping we can get these from the wristband area in the campervan site.

Hipsteresque :o

Just checking out foals can't wait to see them, and blondie looks ****e live hahA

Who ever censored that for me thank you, I'm sorry I have a few drinks in me and a loose tongue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Rewind83 wrote: »
    that was an absolute disaster last year-you had to wait while they got your specific cans-never doing it again-waiting time is about an hour to get your cans back each time

Hopefully they at least have it open. Handy having an offy in the campsite. €2.50 heino too, not the worst value going.

• Advertisement

Hopefully they at least have it open. Handy having an offy in the campsite. €2.50 heino too, not the worst value going.

2.50 are ya sure?? Not to bad if your right.

Would love to see the riptide movement at the picnic good Irish band

• Registered Users Posts: 11 musikaaaaaa

garra wrote: »
    Hipsteresque :o

Haha no not at all. Im thinking more about getting to use the decent toilets in the arena at some stage over the weekend. After a few days of excess it will be needed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

This might be a bit difficult, but does anyone have the link for the EP playlist from way back in this thread? Was looking for in on soundcloud but cant seem to find it?

endainoz wrote: »
    This might be a bit difficult, but does anyone have the link for the EP playlist from way back in this thread? Was looking for in on soundcloud but cant seem to find it?

It was a spotify playlist hence why ya couldn't find it on soundcloud! https://play.spotify.com/user/epfestival/playlist/5CPXoXdkGx31SZTlS04LyD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

It was a spotify playlist hence why ya couldn't find it on soundcloud! https://play.spotify.com/user/epfestival/playlist/5CPXoXdkGx31SZTlS04LyD

Well that makes sense! Thanks

My friend just got 2 tickets for £400 from get me in. But they are family camping. Will they be aloud to camp in normal camping with these tickets? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

My friend just got 2 tickets for £400 from get me in. But they are family camping. Will they be aloud to camp in normal camping with these tickets? Thanks

Christ that's disappointing :(

Yeah he will be able to get in to normal camping, just not family camping without a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Was that £400 for the 2 yeah? Seems pretty good for GMI, think 1 ticket was going for more than that during the week.. Yeah can camp wherever. The restriction is only if you try to camp in teh family camping without a child.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was that £400 for the 2 yeah? Seems pretty good for GMI, think 1 ticket was going for more than that during the week.. Yeah can camp wherever. The restriction is only if you try to camp in teh family camping without a child.

Yea that was for two tickets. Very surprised myself. Seller was selling for £165 a ticket then around £70 processing fees from gmi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yea that was for two tickets. Very surprised myself. Seller was selling for £165 a ticket then around £70 processing fees from gmi.

Pretty decent of them! Cheapest I see at the minute is 1 ticket for £365!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

roll wrote: »
    has anyone seen blondie in the last 12 months? have heard bad reports... also, the way their tour is going, the prospect of slowdive is tantalising!

Judging by her Glastonbury performance she done not a bad job for someone in her mid-sixties, some of the tracks are a bit slowed down but she can still hit these notes.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I love the Electric Picnic YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH! Its Like an electronic plasticine universe from outer space with sound from all directions and wibbly wobbly dudes and dude-esses.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I love the Electric Picnic YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH! Its Like an electronic plasticine universe from outer space with sound from all directions and wibbly wobbly dudes and dude-esses.

So, who do you get your acid off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I don't want to camp next to bodhrandude but deffo want to meet him! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I think it's fair to say that many EP experiences involve complete agreement with bodhrandude for at least some portion of the weekend. Thinking back on seeing Chemical Brothers @ EP a few years back, and my mental state at the time, he's understating things a fair bit actually... there was definitely some multiverse action going on, holes in the space/time continuum as well as thick fog descending from the north...

Only a few weeks til the madness begins again, and am delighted to say that while there have been plenty of moaners on the thread about it, I feel we've got a cracking line-up this year, and that's without me even putting much effort into researching the stuff I don't know...

Some acts I think have the potential to be amazing over the weekend below:
    Portishead
    Rustie
    Tuneyards
    Pet Shop Boys
    Beck
    Sinead O Connor
    Stephen Malkmus
    FKA Twigs
    Joy O
    St Vincent

Lots of great, interesting, unpredictable talent will be on show, mostly not listed above, most of which I will not have the time to see... but hey, I'm sure I'll catch some great things and hppen across lots of lovely people.

If anything comes close to David Byrne & St. V from last year, I will be content.

3 weeks to go people - excited much am I :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Finally got a chance to listen to Asgeir and def sounds like an act to see on Sunday

Each to their own and all that. I wouldn't care if someone partook in some illicit substances over the course of the weekend, but from my own experience over the last 2 picnics, I actually think EP is one of the few Irish events where you could turn up stone cold sober and it'd still be one of the best weekends of your year. I'm going solo this year and I actually can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Each to their own and all that. I wouldn't care if someone partook in some illicit substances over the course of the weekend, but from my own experience over the last 2 picnics, I actually think EP is one of the few Irish events where you could turn up stone cold sober and it'd still be one of the best weekends of your year. I'm going solo this year and I actually can't wait!

Agree wholeheartedly. I don't drink or partake of illicit substances, so all of my EP's are sober. And I have an absolute ball.

Really beginning to get excited now. Might take a drive over there tomorrow and go for a walk in the woods and look at the preparations from the top of the hill.

So excited:D:P:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Really don't understand how people can like tune yards. Just some girl awkwardly singing and playing ukulele with a loop pedal. Didn't seem to be any cohesion or sense to what she was doing. Seen a lot of love for them on my fb feed when they were announced. Each to their own and all that but hugely puzzling to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Finally got a chance to listen to Asgeir and def sounds like an act to see on Sunday

Very Bon iver...I like. Thud have to be in the afternoon thou!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

D.Q wrote: »
    Really don't understand how people can like tune yards. Just some girl awkwardly singing and playing ukulele with a loop pedal. Didn't seem to be any cohesion or sense to what she was doing. Seen a lot of love for them on my fb feed when they were announced. Each to their own and all that but hugely puzzling to me.

So I decided to youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkQomq_rgK4

eh... I guess if you're on drugs it could be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

D.Q wrote: »

Find them to be pretty fun and upbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Looks like I'm flying solo this year!

A few of us got a festihut last year - worked out really well. They're sold out and would've been very expensive for just one person this year. What's left is the 2 man pink moon tent of the two man tipi with pink moon - the tent costs substantially less than the tipi - what's so great about the tipi that it costs over twice as much? Should I just go for the tent ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

I haven't a clue, been living in Asia for a while, can anyone recommend any decent tunes?

Yep,that was vague...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement