Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's well worth your while picking up on of those portable battery packs for around 20-30 quid, a lifesaver at festivals.

I bought and brought one of these puppies last year
    http://amzn.to/1ymXXo8

Had no problem juicing the phone for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

I bought and brought one of these puppies last year
    http://amzn.to/1ymXXo8

Had no problem juicing the phone for the weekend.

Oooooo... That looks pretty damn sweet. Cheers for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Dont forget to charge in airplane mode. Gets the job done quicker.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Neon Wolf
    Delighted to announce that we will be returning to Electric Picnic this year!! We're headlining The Word Stage at 10pm on Saturday August 30th.

Body&Soul
    Who remembers The Glowhole from Ballinlough? This piece by Dave Clarke will be one of the many art installations you'll see in our Body&Soul area at Electric Picnic. Come along and explore.

10552373_10154435816570514_5886552441103421280_n.jpg

10576961_10154435816305514_7274510239371744434_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Neon Wolf

Body&Soul

Who remembers The Glowhole from Ballinlough? This piece by Dave Clarke will be one of the many art installations you'll see in our Body&Soul area at Electric Picnic. Come along and explore.

10552373_10154435816570514_5886552441103421280_n.jpg

10576961_10154435816305514_7274510239371744434_n.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Dont forget to charge in airplane mode. Gets the job done quicker.
    or even quicker if you turn it off ;)

Trying to see whether I can justify forking out for another accessory that I'll realistically only ever use a small number of times. Can anyone tell me what the deal was with the phone charging in the campsite last year, if that facility was there (or anywhere apart from the free Vodafone tent)? Did it cost money to charge the phone?

Dowdy wrote: »
    Trying to see whether I can justify forking out for another accessory that I'll realistically only ever use a small number of times. Can anyone tell me what the deal was with the phone charging in the campsite last year, if that facility was there (or anywhere apart from the free Vodafone tent)? Did it cost money to charge the phone?

Yep the commercial phone charging stalls in the arena and campsite was a fiver or was it a tenner per item, it was a fiver at Life anyways. I do most of my charging in the volunteer area.

Yep the commercial phone charging stalls in the arena and campsite was a fiver or was it a tenner per item, it was a fiver at Life anyways. I do most of my charging in the volunteer area.

Good stuff, cheers. €5 per item x 2 phones x maybe 2 charges = €20 or more. That battery pack thing is looking like a good investment already. Could keep the iPod juiced up with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

I have 2 of these for charging the iPhone. Means that I only need to put the case in to charge at vodafone tent / charge stall so never have to worry about them misplacing. Saying that, between 2 of these charged up and careful battery use, I was grand all weekend. best 15 euro ive ever spent

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KingMansion-2600mAh-Portable-External-Compatible/dp/B00G7KBUBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407770630&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+5+portable+battery+charger+case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yep they're well worth the investment, mine was lost to the mud in Glasto unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Generally just bring two spare batteries!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

D.Q wrote: »
    Not much help to us iPhone users. I'll pick up one of those battery packs though... really don't want a repeat of last year and spending hours queuing to get my phone charged!

Gangs
    Holy ****! We've just been invited to play Electric Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

D.Q wrote: »

Depending on your handset that may not be a runner, besides, it does give you the worst chatup line in existence if needed

"aaaah howaaaya luv, de yer battheries juices need fillin?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Seen a guy chatting up two young ones at the toilets there last year, 10am and this guy was STEAMING drunk. I've rarely seen it at 3am outside a taxi rank let alone at this time.

His chat up lines were quite a lot worse than that I assure you :P

The one I remember best was "I've actually loads of toilet roll back in the car if ye need a lend or anything"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't have a ticket so its time to unsubscribe from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seen a guy chatting up two young ones at the toilets there last year, 10am and this guy was STEAMING drunk. I've rarely seen it at 3am outside a taxi rank let alone at this time.

His chat up lines were quite a lot worse than that I assure you :P

The one I remember best was "I've actually loads of toilet roll back in the car if ye need a lend or anything"

Penis power yeaaaaasaarrrr!!! The penis is like a blind super hero, flys around, doesn't know where it's goin, but gets the f**king job done ;)
    The brilliance of this chat up line is the whole logistics! I mean like ...'you wait there I'll be back in an hour with bundles of bog roll, the velvet stuff!!, after you wipe ur arse we can go back to my tent and let's get it on!!.....'
    I'm convinced America was found by some drunk Irish lad who was promised a ride!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

For anyone who is looking forward to seeing Flume he remixed Arcade Fire Afterlife https://soundcloud.com/flume/arcade-fire-afterlife-flume-remix/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

They are unreal
    I'm in a predicament as they clash with mother djs in body and soul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 uughhhhhh

Managed to bag myself an artist's pass - does anyone know what that actually entails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

uughhhhhh wrote: »
    Managed to bag myself an artist's pass - does anyone know what that actually entails?

You get to take the shortcut to the arena from the salty dog anyway, lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

uughhhhhh wrote: »

You have to write an albums's worth of material, and have a slightly nonchalant disaffected attitude in any interviews that you give.

Jerry Fish
    ·
    C'Mon! The Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow at The Electric Picnic with Our Cáit's favourite Dublin Rockers The Minutes Big love, Jerry x

What's the deal with the gate from the arena to the salty dog, I can understand not allowing entry but why not exit seems a bit pointless.
    Me on a regular wrist band + x2 mates on artist bands, heading for this gate last year, this hard as nails Glaswegian woman stops me and let's the two lads go on, they were practically out the gate and seen I was stopped, they came back and we all made the trek around the woods, but FFS!! Like ****e like that really pisses me off!

Bodhrandude do you set up in the staff camp, then move into a reg. camp site when doing the advance volunteering? Or can you stay in the one site all week? Must be a pain setting the tent up twice!

If you camped say in Hendrix when you first arrived would they kick you out?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Bodhrandude do you set up in the staff camp, then move into a reg. camp site when doing the advance volunteering? Or can you stay in the one site all week? Must be a pain setting the tent up twice!

If you camped say in Hendrix when you first arrived would they kick you out?

No I set up in the Body & Soul camp site first which is also the Body & Soul car park on Sunday night pre fest ( 24th this year), I then move into the Hendrix camp site on Thursday afternoon, its not that bad, the staff entrance to EP is only 5 or 10 minutes from the B&S campsite and if you go through its another 5 or 10 minutes to the Hendrix, it would be a long trek if I had to go the proper way, but the privileges for that sort of stuff is handy, quite a lot of the volunteers and wristbanders move in on Thursday too so its like Life festival that way with all the volunteers in the one corner we makes it fairly safe to camp there as there is already a community built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Starting to think that the extra capacity of 6000 tickets is just to have enough tickets to give away on radio competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Have Electric Picnic/Festival Republic communicated anything about an expanded site for the extra 6,000 people this year?

Whatever about the camping space... 41,000 people this year would mean more queues and delays at entrances, toilets, food stalls, etc. I really hope they invest the extra revenue to ensure things run smoothly. My gut feeling is they won't invest properly but I hope I am wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Have Electric Picnic/Festival Republic communicated anything about an expanded site for the extra 6,000 people this year?

Whatever about the camping space... 41,000 people this year would mean more queues and delays at entrances, toilets, food stalls, etc. I really hope they invest the extra revenue to ensure things run smoothly. My gut feeling is they won't invest properly but I hope I am wrong.
    Every year I go I always feel that the Sunday is uncomfortable and rough and packed.
    It's gonna be like that the 3 days this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement