Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I had been to 8 EP's as of last year but never bought an official ticket for any of them, got some for free or cheap so had no proof bar some photos. When I rang TM they just gave me a code and never asked. I think they just want bums on seat quick so I think they are not to fussed about the proof stuff....

My mate also gave them pics of him at ramdom other festivals and he got a code.

Ah yeah I know sure they gave me one last year without actually asking for proof but just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rfrip wrote: »
    Before anyone shouts at me....but....

I'd sooner pay more than the 150 to get a better line up on the Friday night
    Last years Friday night was a disgrace IMO.

Last years price decrease really was reflected in the festival in comparison to previous years

I can understand where you're coming from but personally the reduced Friday suits me, reason being the excitement + lack of sleep thurs night, plus long day Friday, drive, walk-in then set I'm usually fooked or go a bit mad on the booze!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Before anyone shouts at me....but....

I'd sooner pay more than the 150 to get a better line up on the Friday night
    Last years Friday night was a disgrace IMO.

Last years price decrease really was reflected in the festival in comparison to previous years
    yep, me too.
    In 2012 the loyalty tickets were 175 with all stages open on Friday.

I'd much prefer to pay the extra 20/25 and have the 4 main tent stages open.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lucky i have my sisters 2007 programme , 2012 programme things and my wristband from last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

I notice it states day tickets €90, doesn't appear to be confined to Sunday only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have they announced when the tickets are actually going on sale yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I may be wrong but I thought I saw somewhere maybe before Christmas that anyone who received a discount code last year would automagically get the appropriate discount code from ticketmaster by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

Have they announced when the tickets are actually going on sale yet?

same day, the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

yep, me too.
    In 2012 the loyalty tickets were 175 with all stages open on Friday.

I'd much prefer to pay the extra 20/25 and have the 4 main tent stages open.

I would pay more to get rid of hurdy ****ing gurdies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I may be wrong but I thought I saw somewhere maybe before Christmas that anyone who received a discount code last year would automagically get the appropriate discount code from ticketmaster by email.

Nice word, I like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Peterd66 wrote: »
    I would pay more to get rid of hurdy ****ing gurdies!

Don't get me started on those Pollocks of things

im very ba humbug tonight but day tickets ruin the festival atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

lordgoat wrote: »
    Oh if you're interested they're playing a festival in Florida in April. (I'm also fairly sure they played some awful festival in Hungary/Poland last year). So ya you do see them headlining festivals.

I must be incorrect in thinking that the bookers for Coachella, Wireless, Openair and Bestival have their finger well off the pulse by making them headliners. I wonder why?

My post you quoted was in response to someone putting forward that they have more than 3 songs which is obvious and someone recommending I listen to their earlier stuff one of the albums mentioned I actually had.

If you saw my other posts maybe they were written a bit shabby for that I apologize but in summary I didn't get the buzz about them reuniting nor have any interest in a headline show by them, others on here clearly do I'm not holding that against them they'll be happy if announced we all wish Festivals catered for our specific needs but thats not to be.

I take it you're being sarcastic on the festival bookers comment but they only announced they were doing 40 dates this year so hardly headlined a Festival last year. Have they ever headlined a festival before?? Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see any info that they did and Coachella is the first? European wise they did a few in 2001 but nowhere near headline strangely enough they played in a tent at Pinkpop as did QOTSA our other hotly tipped headliner. Also not that it matters but they are not headliners at Wireless they are subbing Bruno Mars there.

When they were announced for Coachella ok mainly due to ignorance I guess but here ya go... http://www.aux.tv/2014/01/coachella-has-internet-asking-who-is-outkast/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Anyone ever done the tangerine fields preset tents? Thinking I may camp there this year if there are multiple day tickets. Won't be the same though. Damn I miss the old electric picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Regarding day tickets, the EP site specifies Sunday day tickets - was this changed since earlier on?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They done day tickets on Saturday and Sunday 2005, did it change to just Sundays in 2006 or 2007, as far as I'm concerned day tickets won't make any difference, I love EP but 2005 was special and the buzz was excellent, campers and dayers doesn't make a difference really, look at Forbidden Fruit and Longitude.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Mr.S wrote: »
    No they don't, how?! :eek:

You only notice it at EP because they previously have only had it on the Sunday so the increase of (fresh looking!) people on the last day is really obvious.

God where do I start...there impeccable cleanliness....hair like they have just stepped out of a salon.....there whole excitement while I'm nursing a two day hangover...I cud go on:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They done day tickets on Saturday and Sunday 2005, did it change to just Sundays in 2006 or 2007, as far as I'm concerned day tickets won't make any difference, I love EP but 2005 was special and the buzz was excellent, campers and dayers doesn't make a difference really, look at Forbidden Fruit and Longitude.

Agreed . Obviously people will snigger at day people because they are cleaner and look nicer ha but apart from that i dont see the big difference . Plus there is not enough time to try find the day trippers ha .

When it comes to Outkast headlining is prob mainly because they are on the re-union buzz . To me even if they dont headline ill be happy once they are playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Never really bothered me..always felt sorry for them as the camping experience is half the fun! I'd never bother with a festival without camping at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone ever done the tangerine fields preset tents? Thinking I may camp there this year if there are multiple day tickets. Won't be the same though. Damn I miss the old electric picnic.

They be gone, was pink moon last year. I used them, was quite handy, tents were fine for the weekend (though it was dry so if conditions are bad then could be a different scenario). Over priced food stall in the area but the toilets were usable and no queues for two days and dire the last one. Showers were handy if you got there early. The very short walk to the main gate was probably the best bit about it. Will be doing the same again this year.

• Advertisement

that video has just reminded me that we get to celebrate the 10th anniversary this year. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AhWhatNow

Proof wise, would a few pictures my friend took, without me being in them, be sufficient? :confused: I'm dying to finally be able to go :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

They be gone, was pink moon last year. I used them, was quite handy, tents were fine for the weekend (though it was dry so if conditions are bad then could be a different scenario). Over priced food stall in the area but the toilets were usable and no queues for two days and dire the last one. Showers were handy if you got there early. The very short walk to the main gate was probably the best bit about it. Will be doing the same again this year.

Be worth it just for the security though,there were a fair few thefts. Not to mention the dodgy characters looking for free wristbands on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Be worth it just for the security though,there were a fair few thefts. Not to mention the dodgy characters looking for free wristbands on the Sunday.

Aye the bit of security is well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Pink Moon was really good last year. Very happy with the service. Felt secure & relatively 'comfortable'. Relatively nice coffee on sale. Showers tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Went to the picnic last year with the Tour de Picnic, so have the wristband/photos/etc to prove that but that was my first year at the Picnic. May I be so bold as to ask for wristband/stub photos for previous years in a PM or whatever? I recall it happening for people last year without much bother!
    Fatfrog wrote: »
    And so it starts!! "Anyone got a photo of some wristbands I can use??"

:/

I genuinely hate to be that guy, and if it's against forum rules or people don't like it then feel free to ignore (or a mod can remove the request?) and I'll still be happy to take the discount for the one year I have gone or chance my arm ringing ticketmaster. It's still great value assuming the line up is up to scratch! :)

Went to the picnic last year with the Tour de Picnic, so have the wristband/photos/etc to prove that but that was my first year at the Picnic. May I be so bold as to ask for wristband/stub photos for previous years in a PM or whatever? I recall it happening for people last year without much bother!

:/

I genuinely hate to be that guy, and if it's against forum rules or people don't like it then feel free to ignore (or a mod can remove the request?) and I'll still be happy to take the discount for the one year I have gone or chance my arm ringing ticketmaster. It's still great value assuming the line up is up to scratch! :)

Google electric picnic images....hey presto three pics!they were not one bit picky last year so anything will do. While I've been to six picnics I had no wristbands etc so two of my pics from from the same year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Google electric picnic images....hey presto three pics!they were not one bit picky last year so anything will do. While I've been to six picnics I had no wristbands etc so two of my pics from from the same year.

I'd actually forgotten to try that, I remember it working for some people last year so I'll see if that'll work! (still open for a PM from a kind soul though to be safe :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Glad someone said it! Was getting a bit worried there.

There are some headliners that I really hate but kinda grasp why people like them but WHY! would QOTSA be a headliner? No talent, no depth, no development, nothing fresh + their "BEST" song is mediocre (that's being kind)

And who would you consider being a better headliner?!?

Ps: what's their best song?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement