Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

maximoose wrote: »
    Anyone on the lookout for airbeds, picked up a double yesterday in Euro2 for €15

Getting close now :)

Thinking of getting a collapsible bed type thingy myself :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Its been a few years since Ive been to EP, but somewhere in the back of my mind I can remember being allowed to bring in beer (like 4 cans) into the actual site ?? Or was i just dreaming :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aarbrennan

I think you can bring them in after 10pm or something. When the bars in the arena finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

We need to start a weather watch.
    Hope this cold weather fceks off and we get one last warm sunny weekend!

Accuweather currently forecasting some showers and a chilly 15 to 17 degrees

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/stradbally/210204/august-weather/210204

Accuweather is excellent and genreally accurate from about 4 days out. The best 5 to 10 day weather forecasts are on the 'Irish Weather Online' facebook page or on the daily forecasts thread in the Weather forums on boards.ie (now that the poster 'MT Cranium' is back form holidays)

At present, a low pressure is continuing to dominate from the north atlantic region bringing polar air and showery conditions and there is no sign at any changes for the rest of August (yet). Hence the autumnal feel and the very cold nights during the last week. We REALLY REALLY need a lovely settled high pressure with warm air to come in from the south and push this unseasonally cold weather back up north!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

We need to start a weather watch.
    Hope this cold weather fceks off and we get one last warm sunny weekend!

Accuweather currently forecasting some showers and a chilly 15 to 17 degrees

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/stradbally/210204/august-weather/210204

I'd take that to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What cans go down best luke warm? Don't want to be drinking p*iss come the 3rd day :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

off to leeds festival and rollover right to electric picnic, havent done this in a few years, pray to god the weather holds up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

off to leeds festival and rollover right to electric picnic, havent done this in a few years, pray to god the weather holds up

You will probably end up resembling your avatar pic afterwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Accuweather is excellent and genreally accurate from about 4 days out. The best 5 to 10 day weather forecasts are on the 'Irish Weather Online' facebook page or on the daily forecasts thread in the Weather forums on boards.ie (now that the poster 'MT Cranium' is back form holidays)

At present, a low pressure is continuing to dominate from the north atlantic region bringing polar air and showery conditions and there is no sign at any changes for the rest of August (yet). Hence the autumnal feel and the very cold nights during the last week. We REALLY REALLY need a lovely settled high pressure with warm air to come in from the south and push this unseasonally cold weather back up north!

I heard from a source "goes to mass in this parish but not from this parish" High pressure building toward the end of the month for Ireland. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

I heard from a source "goes to mass in this parish but not from this parish" High pressure building toward the end of the month for Ireland. :eek:

I'll take any positive vibes going, but I think I'll stick to the opinions of the experts just now.

If Electric Picnic was happening tonight, there would be a real feel temperature of 3c (yes...three degrees celsius!!!) overnight down in Stradbally. That is December temp's where you would be setting the heating in your house to "high", whatever about camping in a field in the middle of Ireland (usually the coldest part of Ireland) :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Even if the weather heats up again, if like me you are lacking in hair activity and have shaved on top, bring a bloody hat for the nights, it gets really cold. Wound up buying one of those Nepalese type monstrosities last year with yoda ears and bobbly bits hanging down to keep the head warm. Shall not be making same mistake this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

What cans go down best luke warm? Don't want to be drinking p*iss come the 3rd day :P

Carling doesn't change from temperature to temperature. It will always be the same, no improvement or disimprovement. That's about the best thing you can say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

My source is respectable!!! bring hats, fleeces and whatever else. layers work best!! "Nepalese type monstrosities" ?feckit it's a festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I don't really care if it's cold as long as it's reasonably dry. Castlepalooza was enough rain for me thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Jenny Lewis confirmed! Some happy campers in here I suspect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jenny Lewis | Krystal Klear
    PHOX | We Cut Corners | The Minutes | Vann Music | Tvvins | Booka Brass Band | Sleep Thieves | Spies | The Academic | The Raglans | Orla Gartland | Buffalo Sunn | Daniel James | Acrobat | Wyvern Lingo

The final 17 acts to be announced according to the EP Facebook page and website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Final 17 acts announced. Wasn't expecting anymore to be announced but I'd like to see Krystal Klear again.
    http://electricpicnic.ie/itskrystalklearwecutnocornersasfinalactsannounced

• Registered Users Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Couple of additions here. We Cut Corners and Tvvins should be great! Gonna check out a few more too.

http://electricpicnic.ie/itskrystalklearwecutnocornersasfinalactsannounced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some good names there, will hopefully get to check out Sleep Thieves, Tvvins, Krystal Klear and Booka Brass Band.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Pretty disappointed in that announcement and the line-up in general but not to worry, I'll just spend less time running around trying to get to stages and more time soaking it all in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Its been a few years since Ive been to EP, but somewhere in the back of my mind I can remember being allowed to bring in beer (like 4 cans) into the actual site ?? Or was i just dreaming :-)

You can bring your 4 cans in after 11pm :)

Looking forward to the times coming out and also dreading it. Have a list as long as my arm of stuff I want to see and feel like a lot of compromise is going to be on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Theinsideman

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Looking forward to the times coming out and also dreading it. Have a list as long as my arm of stuff I want to see and feel like a lot of compromise is going to be on the cards.

when do the times come out?

when do the times come out?

Going by last year, probably the day before. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Managed to get my ticket for this so delighted to be going - havent made the last 2 due to exams on at that time.

Last time I went got a lift down so was grand getting everything there, but this time looks like I'll be heading with m brother by bus.

Wondering how everyone gets all their cans etc down? I saw the people with the big trolleys - but how can ya get these onto a bus? I assume Marathon travel are just using standard Dublin buses like they did for Marlay park gigs or will there be coaches with under carraige for luggage?

any advice welcome cheers

EP have commented that stage times will be released next week. Not confident it will be early though.

Marathon have used coaches everytime before iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Any recommendations from the recent additions over the last few weeks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mince Pie wrote: »
    EP have commented that stage times will be released next week. Not confident it will be early though.

Friday next week probably, given that it's next week, just in time to flog the neck schedule thingies at a tenner a pop with programs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

No talk of the app this year? I actually used it last year and it worked well for me.

Picked our general plan (never stuck to it) at the start of each day, and then texted a screen shot to my brothers and a few friends. If we met up, great, if not, so be it. I thought it was handy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement