Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

sadie06 wrote: »
    No talk of the app this year? I actually used it last year and it worked well for me.

Picked our general plan (never stuck to it) at the start of each day, and then texted a screen shot to my brothers and a few friends. If we met up, great, if not, so be it. I thought it was handy.

Didn't know there was one last year - will keep an eye out for it, cheers!

PS - did ya have to pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Friday next week probably, given that it's next week, just in time to flog the neck schedule thingies at a tenner a pop with programs

Exactly. It will be Thursday evening at best I'd say. The more people who can't get the opportunity to print off the schedule in work, the more of those official neck timetables and programmes will be sold to rip people off with down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

everlast75 wrote: »
    Didn't know there was one last year - will keep an eye out for it, cheers!

PS - did ya have to pay for it?

As far as I remember it was free. You had to scan a bar code to get it or something. There has been no talk of it so far, so I'm thinking it's not happening this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Can anyone now guess what the Saturday night dj will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Friday next week probably, given that it's next week, just in time to flog the neck schedule thingies at a tenner a pop with programs
    worst thing about those is they don't have half the stages on them.

i don't think i saw anyone selling them last year either tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

These lads are headlining the Electric Arena on Sunday

The Minutes
    Delighted to finally announce we'll be gracing the Electric Picnic @EPfestival stage this year. Closing down the Electric Arena on Sunday night. We have a few more tricks up our sleeves yet to announce. #EP14 #ElectricPicnic #theminutes

that's a bit bizarre, considering how small and relatively unknown they are. can imagine the place will be half empty.
    less chance of bigger acts clashing though i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Anyone know if Heineken cold rooms will be there again this year?

link from 2013 - http://ep2014.dv4.com/heinekencoldrooms1

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

These lads are headlining the Electric Arena on Sunday
    Wat.

No diss to the lads but I doubt they'd sell out The Academy never mind fill the Electric Arena when they're clashing with multiple big names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

sadie06 wrote: »
    No talk of the app this year? I actually used it last year and it worked well for me.

Picked our general plan (never stuck to it) at the start of each day, and then texted a screen shot to my brothers and a few friends. If we met up, great, if not, so be it. I thought it was handy.

is this the app you are talking about?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.clashfinder

I know the developer and he tells me he will be doing one this year. That was an unofficial app mind you and is dependent entirely on the timetable being released on time and someone making a clashfinder (e.g http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

worst thing about those is they don't have half the stages on them.

i don't think i saw anyone selling them last year either tbh...

They were flogging them just on the inside of the ticket checking area last year on the Friday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

The neck things do have stage times on them...? They'd be pretty redundant otherwise!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wat.

No diss to the lads but I doubt they'd sell out The Academy never mind fill the Electric Arena when they're clashing with multiple big names.

They actually did sell out the Academy 2 years ago? Yea im worried about them headlining or maybe they are near the top of the bill on the sunday night?

Would have thought if they were going to headline a tent it would be the Cosby stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Ha wow, good luck to them with that slot, if they're actually serious/not been misinformed... Compared to other EA closers over the last few years like the Knife, LCD Soundsystem, Mogwai, Fever Ray, DJ Shadow it's a massive massive difference in quality.

Expect a 30,000 strong crush at Outkast Sunday night so!

the headliners of the EA each night for the last 2 years:
    The Knife
    Tiga
    Hot Chip
    Squarepusher
    Ed Sheeran

even the 2nd on the bill:
    David Byrne & St. Vincent
    Ryan Sheridan
    Bat for Lashes
    The Roots
    The Vaccines

are all much bigger than them...

then again, i remember a few years ago there was someone that basically no-one had ever heard of, very high up on of the stages...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I used to sell the Lanyards at Oxygen, back then they were actually really useful as people weren't as tech savvy and clashfinder not as big a concept. I'd imagine they don't sell as well anymore.

In saying that, please don't haggle with the sellers, it stops being funny after the 20th time someone does it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Maybe it's because they expect such a huge crowd at Outkast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Any ideal who will play the Saturday night dj slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

the headliners of the EA each night for the last 2 years:
    The Knife
    Tiga
    Hot Chip
    Squarepusher
    Ed Sheeran

even the 2nd on the bill:
    David Byrne & St. Vincent
    Ryan Sheridan
    Bat for Lashes
    The Roots
    The Vaccines

are all much bigger than them...

then again, i remember a few years ago there was someone that basically no-one had ever heard of, very high up on of the stages...

The electric arena has been open late on saturdays nights over the past few years and crowds in there have been poor, there was around a 100 people for Squarepusher partly because he was clashing with orbital.

Tiga had a poor crowd last year.

yeah, Tiga in there was poor scheduling. Disclosure on at the same time, and Hudson Mohawke in the LBT for some of it too, which was rammed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Has there been any word on whether they'll be more happening on the Friday than last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

They actually did sell out the Academy 2 years ago? Yea im worried about them headlining or maybe they are near the top of the bill on the sunday night?

Would have thought if they were going to headline a tent it would be the Cosby stage
    Was this around the time of Euro 2012? I ask becauseafter one of the Germany games I woke up with the mother of all blackouts, checked my wallet and found a ticket for the Minutes in the Academy. I didn't know who the hell they were but I'd obviously been to see them the night before. If they did sell out they must have sold out on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭lurleen lumpkin

I was one of the lucky winners of the draw last year and my tickets have just arrived in the post. I was expecting them to be general admission but it states in the letter that came with them that I will be able to use the 'guest camping'. Does anyone have any experience of this - is it a separate campsite and if so is it worth using instead of camping with the masses? I.e. is it handy to everything, good atmosphere, security, toilets/showers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I was one of the lucky winners of the draw last year and my tickets have just arrived in the post. I was expecting them to be general admission but it states in the letter that came with them that I will be able to use the 'guest camping'. Does anyone have any experience of this - is it a separate campsite and if so is it worth using instead of camping with the masses? I.e. is it handy to everything, good atmosphere, security, toilets/showers etc?

Why don't you email them and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'd presume that was VIP camping, I think there is a section about that in the website. I been away the last few days went up to the Sligo fleadh which was great craic, there was some intense mountain drizzle though at times and colder conditions than Galway here.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭lurleen lumpkin

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Why don't you email them and ask?

I did, they said it's near boutique camping. No further info! Just thought people on here might have some experience of it.

I did, they said it's near boutique camping. No further info! Just thought people on here might have some experience of it.

Ah right, well location looks pretty good, not sure about the facilities. One would assume they would be decent though. :D
    http://cdn1.goldenplec.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/1269961_10153175445290201_890162731_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Eod100 wrote: »
    Has there been any word on whether they'll be more happening on the Friday than last year?

was there not much on friday last year?

I last went in 2011 - and stayed drinking the fri in campsite til 6pm
    before going in arena, can't remember if this was just cause there
    was nothing on until then or we just kept drinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Anyone know where the Leave no Trace campsite was located was last year??

• Advertisement

Anyone know where the Leave no Trace campsite was located was last year??

Oscar Wilde. I've posted last years map above. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement