Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Folks,
    Does anyone know what it is like getting taxi's outside the venue late at night? Staying in Portlaoise and EP have shuttle buses going back there till 3am. However, there is every chance I may miss that last bus and will need to grab a taxi sometime between 3am and 5am! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10504887_700652703343516_1538433015317212107_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

So The Minutes were pretty horribly misinformed then :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

maximoose wrote: »
    So The Minutes were pretty horribly misinformed then :pac:

Id say they are playing every day by the looks of it

Friday - Salty Dog
    Saturday - Jerry Fish
    Sunday - Electric Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Folks,
    Does anyone know what it is like getting taxi's outside the venue late at night? Staying in Portlaoise and EP have shuttle buses going back there till 3am. However, there is every chance I may miss that last bus and will need to grab a taxi sometime between 3am and 5am! :)

Only had to get a taxi once (got lost, ended up in the middle of Stradbally and needed to get back to the carpark) but there were plenty around the village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=228

MTCRANIUM OVER IN THE WEATHER BOARDS HAS SAID THIS "OUTLOOK ... Gradually turning warmer next week with highs returning to the low 20s, rain becoming more confined to north. " I knew the child of prague would do this business.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

10 days to go people!!

So about time for me to get the tent, chairs, sleeping bag and mattress out, check for damage to allow me plenty of time to get replacements where needed. Sure we all remember the great "Not a camping chair to be got in Ireland" crisis of 2013 and the "bloody hell, wellies are in short supply!" emergency of 2011. Im not getting caught out again, I can tell ye that

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Frank and Walters, nice surprise there. Does anyone have a link to the provisional day by day breakdown? There's normally one pieced together from the artists sites, twitter etc by now. Cheers.

So about time for me to get the tent, chairs, sleeping bag and mattress out, check for damage to allow me plenty of time to get replacements where needed.

After arriving at Stendhal festival campsite last weekend in the pissing rain to find what I thought was my tent was just a wrapped up groundsheet, I thoroughly recommend checking your tent before picnic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

maximoose wrote: »
    After arriving at Stendhal festival campsite last weekend in the pissing rain to find what I thought was my tent was just a wrapped up groundsheet, I thoroughly recommend checking your tent before picnic :pac:

Don't leave the story there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

do they sell camping chairs down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Yeah they had some in the Centra for €20/€25 last year..

Don't leave the story there!!

Bunked in with 4 swedish stunners in their two man tent

Alas, no....

Left my mate and our stuff hiding under said groundsheet in the rain while I drove into town to try and buy a tent...at 8pm in a small town. Unsurprisingly there were fúck all tents to be found. Lucky that my mum had a mobile home 20 mins away in Portrush that we could go to for the night before buying a tent in the morning.

Lesson learnt anyway!
    do they sell camping chairs down there?

They do, centra had some last year. Not sure if there was a Joe Bananas last year but in previous years they've sold them for 2 for €25. Can get them for €8 at the minute in Euro2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anyone use that online off licence thing? Could be handy.

48 cans of Heineken for 100 beans seems excessive no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yes, crazy expensive but like convenience stores you pay a premium for the convenience. If you are stuck you can always just pack for the first night then take a nice short walk into the village and pick up some more cans for the next night etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

"Heineken 50cl can - Case of 8 (Case of 6 cans)"

Confusing.

I think its worth it to not have to carry them in and have them cold down there

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

seems to be no limit on how much you can order. Lets hope the cost prevents anyone from ordering 100 bottles of Rose and vomming all down my tent like the "lady" i caught last year. Luckily I was able to foist the wet wipes on her and made her clean it up. That will learn 'em

24 cans of Heineken are 40 blips in tesco, defo worth the extra tenner to have them waiting there for you

Not being a beer snob, I don't mind it and drink it fairly regularly, but €50 for 24 cans of a pissy beer like Heineken is horrific - even with coldness and convenience factored in.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

If you are stuck you can always just pack for the first night then take a nice short walk into the village and pick up some more cans for the next night etc.

As a matter of interest, do people generally do this? It's a SuperValu in Stradbally right? - Does it be mad busy in there for the weekend or only a few people bother making the trip into the village?

I'll be coming in from abroad on the Friday morning to the airport and heading straight down to EP. Trying to decide whether to a) pick up beer for the whole weekend in Dublin to bring down on the bus, b) order a few cans for the Friday night and then get more in the village on the Saturday c) order the whole shebang from the onsite offie. Decisions decisions! Overanalysing due to August work-malaise.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Bootsy. wrote: »
    As regards phone charging, I just switch off my phone when I don't need it. Imagine that! :pac:

I've done it for a few festivals now and it's been great, I found I was more immersed in the experience of being there, without having that constant connection to the outside world.

Whenever I needed to find someone I'd switch it on. I'd check facebook/emails etc once or twice a day, and battery lasted grand. I have a cheap €5 watch to tell the time.

I know to some people I might as well be speaking backwards Japanese as suggesting having your phone switched off 90% of the time but I'd actually recommend it.

I picked up a nifty portable multi device charger in Aldi at the weekend for €20 which holds about 12 charges. A friend of mine had one at Glastonbury and it turned out to be a life saver!

thror wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, do people generally do this? It's a SuperValu in Stradbally right? - Does it be mad busy in there for the weekend or only a few people bother making the trip into the village?

I'll be coming in from abroad on the Friday morning to the airport and heading straight down to EP. Trying to decide whether to a) pick up beer for the whole weekend in Dublin to bring down on the bus, b) order a few cans for the Friday night and then get more in the village on the Saturday c) order the whole shebang from the onsite offie. Decisions decisions! Overanalysing due to August work-malaise.

I went in once a few years ago and it wasn't busy but was a bit of a trek, I think the premium on the EP off licence is a small price to pay for the convenience

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

murdog! wrote: »
    24 cans of Heineken are 40 blips in tesco, defo worth the extra tenner to have them waiting there for you

30 around here...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Any good beer offers around Dublin at the moment?
    Just looking at Tesco etc online and i've seen cases being cheaper before.
    Aldi only seem to done 8cans together

Looking online at the supermarkets best prices I can see really are:

Tesco
    Stella - 24 x 500ml - €26 (Singles)
    Carling - 24 x 500ml - €24 (Singles)
    Grolsch - 24 x 500ml - €32 (Singles)
    Molson Canadian - 24 x 500ml - €32 (Singles)
    San Miguel - 24 x 500ml - €32 (Singles)

Supervalu
    Heineken - 24 x 500ml - €30 (2x Box of 12, looks to only be valid til tomorrow)

Aldi
    Galahad - 24 x 500ml - €20 (2x packs of 12)
    St Etienne - 24 x 500ml - €25 (2x packs of 12)

Can't see many case prices. Usually chuck them all into an Ikea bag so don't mind singles myself.

No idea what those Aldi beers are like..

Might pop into Aldi/Lidl on the way home to see if they've any deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Anyone know if there's an area they show the football? Wouldn't mind catching the early kick off on Saturday with a breakfast roll and a coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone know if there's an area they show the football? Wouldn't mind catching the early kick off on Saturday with a breakfast roll and a coffee

Yep, in the bars at Stradbally 5 minutes from the festival site.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

Only in Stradbally, Im assuming its premier league you talking about, last year they showed the Dublin Kerry game in the Irish tent, was packed out the door though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

thror wrote: »

I bring enough for Friday & Saturday and always head into Stradbally on the Sunday.

SuperValu are well used to it and well stocked with plenty of everything. It's usually busy but manageable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement