Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I reckon the Manic Street Preachers are in with a decent shout of making the line-up this year. Maybe to headline a tent or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

And who would you consider being a better headliner?!?

Ps: what's their best song?

Excuse my barging in on the question, but I'd have Aphex Twin as headliner. Not just the 1 night, not 2 nights but all 3 nights. Fook me! I'd even have him do some ambient sets in the afternoon as well... elecPHEX PICNIC FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

Not sure if you could read much into this, but it's worth noting. EP are doing lots of Throwback stuff on their twitter and facebook accounts, just a few days ago they put up a photo of Two Door Cinema Club's set last year and told people to guess who it was. Then today, when they put up a photo of all the headliners of the past 3 years and asked who people thought would headline this year, they used the same photo of Two Door Cinema Club as the photo for 2014. Maybe I'm reading to much into it but maybe it's a subtle sign that TDCC are headlining this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

nocoverart wrote: »
    Excuse my barging in on the question, but I'd have Aphex Twin as headliner. Not just the 1 night, not 2 nights but all 3 nights. Fook me! I'd even have him do some ambient sets in the afternoon as well... elecPHEX PICNIC FTW!

Would dearly love if Aphex Twin was booked but I could understand EP's adversity to book Warp acts again after the turn out for Squarepusher (2012) when three quarters of the Electric Arena was empty, the rest of the crowd seemingly watching Orbital. Saying that Aphex would fill up the Electric Arena fairly well as he has a massive following over here as judged by the attendance at Forbidden Fruit 2011.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Not sure if you could read much into this, but it's worth noting. EP are doing lots of Throwback stuff on their twitter and facebook accounts, just a few days ago they put up a photo of Two Door Cinema Club's set last year and told people to guess who it was. Then today, when they put up a photo of all the headliners of the past 3 years and asked who people thought would headline this year, they used the same photo of Two Door Cinema Club as the photo for 2014. Maybe I'm reading to much into it but maybe it's a subtle sign that TDCC are headlining this year.
    missed the 2013 tweet, i thought it was Chris Martin!

1376647_10152288705659168_806928350_n.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Coldplay headlining would be terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Reply on the EP's Facebook page!! Hilarious!!

HighClass wrote: »
    far better than Fatboy Slim, Elbow or The Killers tbh.
    not that i'd go see them as I don't really like them/pretty much any EP headliners, plus there's always far better acts on the other stages.
    i don't see what's particularly terrible about them as a headliner pick though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm not a fan of Coldplay but if they were announced tickets would fly out the door.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

HighClass wrote: »

Agreed, dreadful band and not suited to the festival at all. They're an Oxegen headliner if ever there was one. Bad enough the Killers and Elbow headlined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

They replied to a comment under the Facebook photo and said it was TDCC

I think Elbow deserve a bit more credit, wouldn't be putting them in with the likes of the killers.
    Agreed Coldplay are so huge now if they were on the bill a huge portion of the crowd would be there with a closed mind to see them only.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I think Elbow deserve a bit more credit, wouldn't be putting them in with the likes of the killers.
    Agreed Coldplay are so huge now if they were on the bill a huge portion of the crowd would be there with a closed mind to see them only.

Elbow were decent but the last 2 albums are so dull they might as well be Travis now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea Coldplay would be a massive headliner imo , love or hate them but they would nearly sell out the festival alone imo . But since they have not announced any tour dates for the year i cant seem EP getting them as an exclusive . Can see them doing Marlay Park/Pheonix Park/T Vital/Slane next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

People saying QOTSA aren't much of a headliner but coldplay are??

live_on_this_planet_futurama.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Mr.S wrote: »
    Coldplay are by far the better headliner of a festival, but QOTSA are the better band :pac:

Agree to disagree.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Coldplay are by far the better headliner of a festival, but QOTSA are the better band :pac:

Not a hope. Coldplay are the bigger band, doesn't make them a good headliner. They're shocking live. QOTSA are one of the best live bands in the world.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Not a hope. Coldplay are the bigger band, doesn't make them a good headliner. They're shocking live. QOTSA are one of the best live bands in the world.

They are when they help sell out major venues and festivals for promoters :)

I do agree though Queens are a one of the best live acts for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

When are the headliners announced? Hope QOTSA are one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Wednesday

• Advertisement

mgkelly wrote: »
    Wednesday

Yea Wed 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

is it not 11am ?[IMG]http:///Users/user/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Masters/2014/03/16/20140316-214142/DSCN0869.JPG[/IMG]

Mark Kavanagh ‏@djmarkkavanagh Mar 13
    CORRECTION: The @electricpicnic line-up is being unveiled next Wednesday March 19 at 11am. The party to celebrate it is at 6pm

Tickets on sale @7pm

JackMcA wrote: »
    Mark Kavanagh ‏@djmarkkavanagh Mar 13
    CORRECTION: The @electricpicnic line-up is being unveiled next Wednesday March 19 at 11am. The party to celebrate it is at 6pm
    would expect a few more names at the launch at 6pm so, as they've one the last 2 years.
    last year My Bloody Valentine, The Knife and Wu-Tang Clan weren't confirmed until that night.
    the year before it was The Killers, Bat for Lashes, John Digweed and a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

As a slight diversion from the headliner guessing, festival season is very much on the way, was in Halfords today picking up new wipers for the motor and they have really funky looking camping chairs. Shall have to add one of those to the budget this year, not bringing one last year was a serious mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

BadTurtle wrote: »
    They're shocking live.

Since when?

Coldplay's music is obviously rhinoshit, but they've always put on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ticketmaster codes were supposed to be sent from today, not a sausage in e-mail yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 am777

The 2014? picture is Brandon Flowers of the Killers without a doubt! Definitely doesn't mean they will be headliners again

• Advertisement

it definitely looks like Chris Martin .. not happy if it is :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement