Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Have mine from last year hanging in bedroom, pretty sure it had everything on it.

It explains their reason for not putting the times public. It does not explain why they don't tell the day breakdowns.

I realise it shows the days on the lanyard:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Listen I don't want to wake up smelling like I spent the night with R.kelly :pac:

I'm obviously only messing about the pillow/hot water bottle thing, but in all honesty the pissbags have always been a lifesaver for the womenfolk in our gang. Good sturdy freezerbags won't leak a drop, and it saves getting clothed and trekking out to the toilets in the middle of the night, possibly in the rain and alone or with a grumpy partner who has been woken from a drunken coma to accompany her for safety.

The only problem is if the pissbags are accidentally trodden upon.. They should be carried away and emptied first thing in the morning. And for god's sake don't take a sh1te in them..

Surely we're not the only lot who do this at festivals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Dowdy wrote: »
    I'm obviously only messing about the pillow/hot water bottle thing, but in all honesty the pissbags have always been a lifesaver for the womenfolk in our gang. Good sturdy freezerbags won't leak a drop, and it saves getting clothed and trekking out to the toilets in the middle of the night, possibly in the rain and alone or with a grumpy partner who has been woken from a drunken coma to accompany her for safety.

The only problem is if the pissbags are accidentally trodden upon.. They should be carried away and emptied first thing in the morning. And for god's sake don't take a sh1te in them..

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

My better half swears by these things ... http://www.traveljohn.com/1-1.php

they have some crystal type stuff in them that goes solid after use, so no chance of spillage. They really are the business.

I guess freezer bags do a similar thing, but I couldn't be sure that i would get a complete seal considering the condition I am likely to be in .. could be messy..

Edit: spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

I'm a bloke the world is my urinal.....except inside my tent. I stay in Pink moon so the jacks are convenient enough even for the Ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Any experience/tips on sneaking spirits into the main area? It will be a long w.e. if in depending on trips to the bar at 5.something a drink...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Platypus-Hoser-Litre-Hydration-System/dp/B000NQDE04/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408534095&sr=8-1&keywords=platypus+hydration

Wear it on your back under a jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

MadYaker wrote: »

You would hardly get away with that size of a thing? I'm definitely thinking of celetaping a large ziplock bag to my back though, as per the suggestions in the previous comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I just had a look at last years thread. The times for the main stage came out on the Monday, B & S on Tuesday and the other main tents on the Wednesday. Clashfinder wasn't completely accurate by Thursday but not far off.
    sorry, you're right. sort of anyway. those were preliminary times that entertainment.ie seem to have gotten somehow.

the official finalised times didn't go out until Thursday evening, see the date here:
    http://www.hotpress.com/news/Electric-Picnic-2013--All-Major-Stage-Times/10133243.html

the smaller stages didn't have times put up until Thursday, and even then those were cobbled together from facebook posts, see the update history here:
    http://clashfinder.com/l/ep2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pmalone wrote: »
    According to a post just above, it seems that we were both a little right and a little wrong.

WHat I am trying to say really is that every year people panic not seeing the stage times and every year they are available in time.

I think it was year 2 when there was a meltdown on the EP website forum about this issue and one of the organisers (Claire?) came on and calmed everyone down and assured everyone that stage times would be available in time and ever since they have been made available at least 24 hours before the event IIRC.

in years gone past, yes, but last year was different. it was all over the place in drips and drabs, and other than the Clashfinder being put together with the smaller stages from people who linked to them, no-one would have known what the times for half the acts were.

just checked back on Facebook, and EP themselves never posted up the times, or even a link to them on their FB page or website, so it was basically a case of spotting the main stages times on blogs or music websites on Thursday evening, or knowing about the Clashfinder to see any of the smaller ones....

even the lanyards didn't have loads of stages on there, and The Ticket only had the main stages too.

You would hardly get away with that size of a thing? I'm definitely thinking of celetaping a large ziplock bag to my back though, as per the suggestions in the previous comments

Go with several small ones, works best in my experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Worked last year - Got a Pringles can, emptied out two thirds of the pringles and had a pre-mixed bottle of jack and cola that I put in the can then stuck a few pringles on top. Wouldn't even notice the bottle was in it. This, followed by "Ah, C'mon lads, it's just a snack, you know yourself what the prices in there are like" to security worked like a charm.

I've a platypus this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

in years gone past, yes, but last year was different. it was all over the place in drips and drabs, and other than the Clashfinder being put together with the smaller stages from people who linked to them, no-one would have known what the times for half the acts were.

just checked back on Facebook, and EP themselves never posted up the times, or even a link to them on their FB page or website, so it was basically a case of spotting the main stages times on blogs or music websites on Thursday evening, or knowing about the Clashfinder to see any of the smaller ones....

even the lanyards didn't have loads of stages on there, and The Ticket only had the main stages too.

People..........CHILL..........
    Last year, things were all over the shop, Festival Rep and POD were in court battles and we didn't even know if there would be an EP until pretty late in the day. At that stage they had to cobble together a lineup (though I know much of this would have been done before the outcome of the case), website, social media etc. Remember how poor the FB and Twitter responses were last year?

This year, they appear to have gotten their sh1t together in a big way and have drip-fed copious amounts of info on a daily basis for the last few weeks and answered most FB posts in a timely manner.

I have no inside info but I expect to have the day-by-day soon and the full times/stages etc early next week.

Relax, only 9 more days to the party of the year.......

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

thinking of bringing a gazebo this year as the weather not looking good... anyone know if they're allowed? I cant remember and cant seem to find anything on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

dmm82 wrote: »
    thinking of bringing a gazebo this year as the weather not looking good... anyone know if they're allowed? I cant remember and cant seem to find anything on it

Depends on where you are camping, in Pink Moon they are a no no.

They do work. If there is a shop near you that sells outdoors gear like hiking gear and stuff they will have these, go have a look they're actually quite flat as they're designed to be worn underneath a rucksack. My friend had one last year and he got through security every time no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

nope just normal camping... dunno would it be more hassle than its worth though. praying for another sunny year but its not looking likely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

We need a Boardsie only gazebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Just looked up some weather sites now, weather isn't too bad at all, slight chance of a shower Saturday morning and a possible shower Sunday! That's pretty good weather in my books for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Duff wrote: »
    Worked last year - Got a Pringles can, emptied out two thirds of the pringles and had a pre-mixed bottle of jack and cola that I put in the can then stuck a few pringles on top. Wouldn't even notice the bottle was in it. This, followed by "Ah, C'mon lads, it's just a snack, you know yourself what the prices in there are like" to security worked like a charm.

I've a platypus this year though.

Haha I love the ingenuity of Irish people in smuggling drink! Tis like something from Shawshank Redemption.

Was gonna suggest something like this but doesn't hold much: http://www.hiphipflasks.com/Belt-Buckle-Hip-Flask-p/belt-4oz.htm

Eod100 wrote: »
    Haha I love the ingenuity of Irish people in smuggling drink! Tis like something from Shawshank Redemption.

Was gonna suggest something like this but doesn't hold much: http://www.hiphipflasks.com/Belt-Buckle-Hip-Flask-p/belt-4oz.htm

Eh would g'way outha dat, there wud be justa mouthful in that!!
    ziplock bags are just a few euro. 15euro... And it doesn't even include the tiny hipflask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eh would g'way outha dat, there wud be justa mouthful in that!!
    ziplock bags are just a few euro. 15euro... And it doesn't even include the tiny hipflask.

Includes the flask, not the belt. But ya pricey enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Any experience/tips on sneaking spirits into the main area? It will be a long w.e. if in depending on trips to the bar at 5.something a drink...

Diddy vodka. Couple of freezer bags. Pair of boobs. Down the bra. Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

There's a gang of us staying in Boutique camping this year for the first time. (getting too old for slumming it!)
    Anyone know if we'll be able to get in via the entrance at the other side of the venue, and if there's a car park near that entrance? If not it'll be a bloody long hike!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Just as an obligatory warning, I saw a few of those bags being confiscated at the Marley Park gigs this summer, which had the same security company as will be provided for EP. Naturally there will be a more laid back attitude getting into the arena, but they are wise to the camel bag, you're not guaranteed to get it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Folks,
    The bar closing times seem to have been extended. From EP site

"As per previous years whilst the bars onsite are open no drink or alcohol can be brought into the arena, with the exception of sealed soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml). Once the bars are closed up to 4 cans of beer/cider per person or soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml) are permitted to be brought into the arena (Bars scheduled to close at midnight on Friday and Sunday and 1am on Saturday)"

Just looked up some weather sites now, weather isn't too bad at all, slight chance of a shower Saturday morning and a possible shower Sunday! That's pretty good weather in my books for it :)

Predicting the weather accurately this far out is pretty much guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Sheog wrote: »
    There's a gang of us staying in Boutique camping this year for the first time. (getting too old for slumming it!)
    Anyone know if we'll be able to get in via the entrance at the other side of the venue, and if there's a car park near that entrance? If not it'll be a bloody long hike!

Hello :) Im staying there aswel, stayed there last year aswel with a gang of friends, we parked in the regular car park, as far as i know there is no separate car park! It is a bit of a hike in but so worth it when you get there :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

MattD wrote: »
    Just as an obligatory warning, I saw a few of those bags being confiscated at the Marley Park gigs this summer, which had the same security company as will be provided for EP. Naturally there will be a more laid back attitude getting into the arena, but they are wise to the camel bag, you're not guaranteed to get it in.

Best bet is to spread the risk of confiscation across the full group... they won't check everyone.

I've been using Caprisun 330ml screw tops for years. They are easy to hide in a handbag or raincoat pocket. They are mainly soft/ squidgy so the bouncers don't cop them when they are having a feel. Word of warning though, don't put any fizzy mixers in as they can leak or burst!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Latest weather forecast for next week from M.T Cranium. Still too early really to know anything for sure really....

FURTHER OUTLOOK ... Some clearing Tuesday night, sunny at first Wednesday then clouding over, rain possible again by Thursday morning of next week, with temperatures closer to normal values (18-20 C for daytime highs).

Forget the weather my new fear is this feckin ash cloud coming back and preventing artists from travelling!! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement