Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

MadYaker wrote: »
    I had a gander in there last year and saw some aul wans arse staring back at me, horrific.

The bar extension is a pain alright but there have been multiple methods of drink smuggling outlined in this thread. Or just get hammered in the campsite and then go into the arena.

Drink smuggling it will be. Getting hammered in the campsite usually leads to literally or otherwise missing acts you really want to see (I tend to have very few memories of bands I see if I've been getting locked in the campsite, it's rarely worth it).

EP pulling out all the stops to make as much as possible this year, this get me in ticket ****e and added capacity and 7 hours more alcohol sales in the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Dowdy wrote: »
    This has just recently been added to the festival info on the website: http://electricpicnic.ie/volt

Recharging service thing. €22.50 rental for the weekend, pick up the charger yoke and charge as you like, and you can swap the charger once per day for a fresh one.

better off just buying one for almost the same price on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/electronics/329078031/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_ce_3_4_last

delivered by Monday, and at least you'd have it after the festival finishes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Folks,
    The bar closing times seem to have been extended. From EP site

"As per previous years whilst the bars onsite are open no drink or alcohol can be brought into the arena, with the exception of sealed soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml). Once the bars are closed up to 4 cans of beer/cider per person or soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml) are permitted to be brought into the arena (Bars scheduled to close at midnight on Friday and Sunday and 1am on Saturday)"
    One of the small pleasures at a festival is having a little stash of cans to sup away on while you enjoy the music. Given the time it can take to get in and out of the campsite they have effectively banned you from bringing drink into the arena on the Saturday. All the while other festivals are introducing a free-flow policy to improve the festival experience.

Thanks a mil, Festival Republic. I'm sure having more people getting pissed till all hours in the campsite, having to dander off to the bar midway through late-night acts, and increased security searches will really help enhance the vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

Do ya reckon we're even able to bring water in?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Creeby wrote: »

500ml so long as it's not opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Sealed soft drinks up to 500ml allowed.

Hi Creeby,

While we do allow you to bring in the water that constitutes a large percentage of your body, we do not allow exogenous liquids into the arena. Don't worry though, as we have a selection of chips vans selling pure, unadulterated H2O at the reasonable price of €4 for when you stagger out of the dance tent on the verge of overheating.

Regards and enjoy the festival,

The Electric Picnic team

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

yep- as long as it's no more than a half litre (or 2 litres after bars close). I'm sure greater discretion will prevail though - never had a problem before.
    As per previous years whilst the bars onsite are open no drink or alcohol can be brought into the arena, with the exception of sealed soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml).

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

better off just buying one for almost the same price on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/electronics/329078031/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_ce_3_4_last

delivered by Monday, and at least you'd have it after the festival finishes too.

I already did myself. Got this beast: http://www.amazon.co.uk/15000mAh-Portable-External-smartphones-lightning-Black/dp/B00D5T3QK4/ref=zg_bs_329078031_11/278-6413326-6569922

Gave it a trial run yesterday. Sound as feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Hi Creeby,

While we do allow you to bring in the water that constitutes a large percentage of your body, we do not allow exogenous liquids into the arena. Don't worry though, as we have a selection of chips vans selling pure, unadulterated H2O at the reasonable price of €4 (minus the lid) for when you stagger out of the dance tent on the verge of overheating.

Regards and enjoy the festival,

The Electric Picnic team

They missed that bit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

That's absolute b*llocks with the bars. Raging.

There's no way most people can afford to be paying 6.50 a pint, all evening and all night, for 3 days.

Bars will now be closing around the time the headliners are on. So effectively no cans allowed until it's almost over and we head into the woods.

Spirits are great, but keep downing that stuff all day and we'll all end up sh!t--faced.

A new challenge: finding ingenious ways to sneak massive amounts of cans. Hmmm...

Bootsy. wrote: »

There's no way most people can afford to be paying 6.50 a pint, all evening and all night, for 3 days.

Bars will now be closing around the time the headliners are on. So effectively no cans allowed until it's almost over and we head into the woods.

Spirits are great, but keep downing that stuff all day and we'll all end up sh!t--faced.

A new challenge: finding ingenious ways to sneak massive amounts of cans. Hmmm...

Should be no trouble sneaking a bottle in anyway.

o-BOTTLE-XRAY-CROPPED-570.jpg?6

Bootsy. wrote: »

Is it actually €6.50 a pint? I've been to a bunch of EPs and my memory is telling me it's a fiver, for Heineken at least.

If it is that much it's really quite significant. We're effectively talking about 3+ hours of pricy pints rather than cheap cans, which for a lot of people realistically means an extra €50-100 over the course of the weekend.
    This is the thing. EP can tell you to drink responsibly, but in the real world people are gonna do what they're gonna do. This means taking the easier option to sneak into the arena ie. spirits. Given my excesses at festival it's remarkable how well formed a lot of my memories are, but any blank spots are the result of spirits. With beer you can titrate your dose, with spirit's it's first gear to ****ed over the course of a deceptively small vessel.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

For a while it was €5 for a 500ml cup of Heineken. In recent times however at these events they've changed it to a full pint for €6. With cider and other lagers (i.e. Tiger) 50c more on both occasions I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wouldn't have minded John Grant and Felice Brothers and a few more playing EP. But already have St Vincent and a few more coming over so can't complain!

http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com/content/whats-on/artists/

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

I know it's a total long shot but does anyone have any idea what night Outkast are on? I might have work on Friday and I'll cry if I miss them.

Whatever about those of us going for the weekend, the whole not-releasing-at-least-day-by-day-breakdown thing is a bit much when you consider the Sunday tickets. They've sold a load of tickets for a music event with literally not a single guarantee of who is going to play on that day.

And here's the metcheck one: http://www.metcheck.com/PROCESS_locationcheck.asp?zipcode=Portlaoise&locationID=17547&day=9

This far out a forecast is always going to be incredibly provisional, so we'll just have to keep an eye on it each day and hope it changes for the better and not the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Dowdy wrote: »
    Whatever about those of us going for the weekend, the whole not-releasing-at-least-day-by-day-breakdown thing is a bit much when you consider the Sunday tickets. They've sold a load of tickets for a music event with literally not a single guarantee of who is going to play on that day.
    i wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of day-trippers don't really care about who's playing to be honest. a lot seem to go for the social aspect and hang around the Bacardi bar for the day. if there's an act on the main stage they've heard of, it's a bonus....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I know it's a total long shot but does anyone have any idea what night Outkast are on? I might have work on Friday and I'll cry if I miss them.

Outkast deffo aren't headlining the Friday night. No need for tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

alastair wrote: »
    Outkast deffo aren't headlining the Friday night. No need for tears.

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Here's hoping!

Sunday, Portishead on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Why do people keep posting links to weather forecasts? It could change completely between now and the festival. There's no point even looking at them until 3-4 days beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Why do people keep posting links to weather forecasts? It could change completely between now and the festival. There's no point even looking at them until 3-4 days beforehand.

To piss you off MadYaker....or it will be from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It doesn't piss me off, I just don't see the point in getting your hopes up when it could easily piss rain for the whole weekend, unlikely but possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

It doesn't piss me off, I just don't see the point in getting your hopes up when it could easily piss rain for the whole weekend, unlikely but possible.

If you ever say that to me again, I'll put your head through the wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Duff wrote: »
    If you ever say that to me again, I'll put your head through the wall!

Well I have to say, I think that you're a very rude man. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

From the website:

Once the bars are closed up to 4 cans of beer/cider per person or soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml) are permitted to be brought into the arena (Bars scheduled to close at midnight on Friday and Sunday and 1am on Saturday)

Ah balls to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Lads...BECK, we're going to see Beck!! Good lord I am excited.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement