Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

The late bar thing is total muck. Strolling around with cans after 10 was the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Sheog wrote: »
    Best bet is to spread the risk of confiscation across the full group... they won't check everyone.

I've been using Caprisun 330ml screw tops for years. They are easy to hide in a handbag or raincoat pocket. They are mainly soft/ squidgy so the bouncers don't cop them when they are having a feel. Word of warning though, don't put any fizzy mixers in as they can leak or burst!

where can you buy the capri sun screw tops?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What time is the arena open til?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

Sunday, Portishead on Saturday.

Beck on Friday then?

How'd you find this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

D.Q wrote: »

I think B&S stuff goes on till way into the wee small hours to the point where the wee small hours stop becoming small.

This year I an defo going to get to the rave in the woods at some point during an evening, just to see what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

I had a look on a couple of artists facebook pages for their upcoming tour dates!! Foals are on the friday night!!

Been trying to find out the days for some dance acts, I see bicep are playing in Belfast the 29th so could possibly do EP that night also? Couldn't find any info on Boddika or Joy O, Annie Mac is on the saturday (little cheesy), Duke Dumont is the friday,Pleasurekraft are on the sunday, Ejeca on the saturday, Jonas Rathsman the saturday.

I only realised Ejeca is on the lineup today, look forward to seeing him after Life fest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

New late bar times are highly annoying, surely it will only encourage more people to stay in the campsite drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

tolow wrote: »
    I had a look on a couple of artists facebook pages for their upcoming tour dates!! Foals are on the friday night!!

Been trying to find out the days for some dance acts, I see bicep are playing in Belfast the 29th so could possibly do EP that night also? Couldn't find any info on Boddika or Joy O, Annie Mac is on the saturday (little cheesy), Duke Dumont is the friday,Pleasurekraft are on the sunday, Ejeca on the saturday, Jonas Rathsman the saturday.

I only realised Ejeca is on the lineup today, look forward to seeing him after Life fest!!

Red Bull Music Academy -
    Friday - Sunil Sharpe, Dark Sky, Clu, Republik Djs
    Saturday - Joy Orbison, Dorian Concept, Colm K, Handsome Paddy, Kobina
    Sunday - Boddika, Rift, Boya, Open Mind

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Guys anyone have experience with hydration packs. Have seen some people use them before can keep maybe 2 litres of liquid in them and they look like a normal back pack. If anyone could post a link to a reliable and well priced one that would be great. It would be handy for during the day sipping on beer instead of getting locked too early on spirits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

stephen.87 wrote: »
    Guys anyone have experience with hydration packs. Have seen some people use them before can keep maybe 2 litres of liquid in them and they look like a normal back pack. If anyone could post a link to a reliable and well priced one that would be great. It would be handy for during the day sipping on beer instead of getting locked too early on spirits

If its going to be clearly visible save your money, they won't let you into the arena with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

where can you buy the capri sun screw tops?
    if you try a few different shops, you should find them.
    my local Spar has them. sold separately in with the cans, 500ml bottles etc., not in multipacks like normal capri-suns AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

depends on the stage and the night. latest anything goes to is 4am.

see here for last year's:
    http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Creeby wrote: »
    Do ya reckon we're even able to bring water in?

Just take an empty bottle in and fill it at the water points.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I've an awful feeling security this year is going to be a complete nightmare

Why is that? On the way in to the festival itself or into the arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

if you try a few different shops, you should find them.
    my local Spar has them. sold separately in with the cans, 500ml bottles etc., not in multipacks like normal capri-suns AFAIK.

ahhh, ACTUAL capri sun drinks! i thought you were all talking about capri-sun like empty flasks.

buying caprisuns and reusing would be a lot smarter and cheaper than what i did and bought these on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M1L48W2/

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Why is that? On the way in to the festival itself or into the arena?

Into the festival each day....just with the new times for the bar etc I just think it will be impossible to smuggle booze in!!

Its a back pack with a hidden bladder yoke inside which you can put liquids into, worth a try at least seen several lads get in with them last year and one lad was sussed out by security but because it was hidden and the security guy was sound he was let in. Any help appreciated guys

Guys just to let ya know one of the Goats is going to come on the thread at some point and will tell ya to stop talking about ways to smuggle in the gargle, just saying.

They are used for running and cycling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Guys just to let ya know one of the Goats is going to come on the thread at some point and will tell ya to stop talking about ways to smuggle in the gargle, just saying.

Why though? It isn't illegal, it's like discussing ways to sneak drink into a nightclub. I don't see how discussion of this could do boards.ie any harm.

Get one of those hydration packs or what I did last year was ziploc bags down my boxers or my gf's bra. Worked grand. But we could bring drink in after 10 last year, I think, so it wasn't as much of an issue as it will be this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

anyone know what time the forest rave starts and ends at? sorry if someone else already asked!

Ziplock down the jocks. Only way to go. Not ideal, but it goes some of the way towards reducing the potentially pretty massive alcohol bills. It's frankly ridiculous how they treat people with regards to alcohol at these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Ziplock down the jocks. Only way to go. Not ideal, but it goes some of the way towards reducing the potentially pretty massive alcohol bills. It's frankly ridiculous how they treat people with regards to alcohol at these things.

Ziplock??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

anyone know what time the forest rave starts and ends at? sorry if someone else already asked!

I think it ran from around 6pm-4am last year.

319186.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

I think it ran from around 6pm-4am last year.

thnks for that

presumably on the sat night?

Well going by last years clash finder it started at 6 pm on Friday and finished at 4 am, Saturday it kicked off at 4 pm and finished at 4 am, Sunday also went from 4 pm to 4 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Jello wrote: »
    New late bar times are highly annoying, surely it will only encourage more people to stay in the campsite drinking.

If anything it will encourage people to seek alternative influences when inside. 5.50 for a pint of watered down shite is daylight robbery. It was okay for one or two between 8 and 10 to keep you ticking over but this is practically extortion. Either you drink yourself silly in the campsite and risk being too locked to function when you're inside or you spend an additional 100 euro over the course of the weekend.

• Advertisement

those lockers could be handy for storing drink after all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement