Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

D.Q wrote: »
    those lockers could be handy for storing drink after all.

Hhhmmm good point, where are they located again?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

to the guys who posted about buying the Anker phone charger from amazon, did you need to purchase the mains power lead and the phone leads as well as the charger itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Sealed soft drinks up to 500ml allowed.

Wasn't the case last year!! They weren't allowing any liquids or bottles in what so ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

There's probably as much chance of me using the hot tubs as spending the evening in Mindfield after a clap-along at Paulo Nutini, but out of interest: do they make you walk through showers or anything before you hop in the water? The though of immersing myself in a bath of sweaty mud water and three-day-old ball juice is kinda icky.

Ah for god's sake the water isn't bad. It was clean. I'd say it was changed a few times each day. You also have a shower before and after the hot tub.

It is so civilised. I had your man keep throwing sticks in the stove, so the water was cooking, it was gorgeous.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Wasn't the case last year!! They weren't allowing any liquids or bottles in what so ever!

Copied and pasted from their website. So I'd be inclined to have it bookmarked if I felt it was going to be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

stephen.87 wrote: »
    to the guys who posted about buying the Anker phone charger from amazon, did you need to purchase the mains power lead and the phone leads as well as the charger itself?

It came with a couple of cables for different phones, cannot remember if it had a charger with it though, I just charge it off the ipad charger or laptop, it's charging port is usb

It came with a couple of cables for different phones, cannot remember if it had a charger with it though, I just charge it off the ipad charger or laptop, it's charging port is usb

A cool cheers man, might get the adapter just to avoid over heating.
    What did it convert to in euro?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 jsc0wf

hey a 1st time 24 year old going to ep this year after finally escaping exams at this time of the year..

any help on what I need to bring? or any advice in general? thanks.

jsc0wf wrote: »
    hey a 1st time 24 year old going to ep this year after finally escaping exams at this time of the year..

any help on what I need to bring? or any advice in general? thanks.

toilet roll, clothes for all weather, especially warm stuff for night time, baby wipes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Don't eat yellow snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hhhmmm good point, where are they located again?

think someone said they are near the arena entance in the jimi hendrix campsite. If thats the case then popping out at 12 or 1 wont be SO bad. Bad yes. But not SO bad.

any decent drinks offers around the place at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Copied and pasted from their website. So I'd be inclined to have it bookmarked if I felt it was going to be an issue.

;) not doubting ya! I vaguely remember a similar page last year, but security had different ideas.
    There were loads of ppl particularly on the Sunday, including me. Said to the Security guard "it's sealed, you can open it and smell if you want" -"Don't care you can't take it in" wouldn't mind but it was a bottle I had bought at a camp site stall. Arrg.

Snarky Snark Snark

A cool cheers man, might get the adapter just to avoid over heating.
    What did it convert to in euro?

Think it was about 45 incl shipping, not the cheapest option in fairness, but I do use the thing quite a bit.

Snarky Snark Snark

toilet roll, clothes for all weather, especially warm stuff for night time, baby wipes

Surprised no one seems to have condoms on these lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

This is a catholic Country!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Been listening to FKA twigs' album a lot and getting very excited about seeing her. She's an artist with a great deal of vision and control over her sound and image for someone who is just on their debut album.

Aye cos rutting when you have been sweating and dancing in a field with minimal shower facilities and your neighbours are literally inches away is at the forefront of everyones mind.

Snarky Snark Snark

Aye cos rutting when you have been sweating and dancing in a field with minimal shower facilities and your neighbours are literally inches away is at the forefront of everyones mind.

Certainly sounded like it last year

Certainly sounded like it last year

Makes mental note to add ear plugs to list. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is why you take her back to your car instead. I would have thought condoms were a given.

MadYaker wrote: »
    This is why you take her back to your car instead. I would have thought condoms were a given.

Whatever works for ya, I'll be there without the boyfriend so will be abstaining from the end of summer rutting. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Now I know that most of the main stages have announced now, Red Bull said there was more gonna be announced for their stage, so I suppose watch this space over the next few days.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 jsc0wf

any ideas what time the bars open?

jsc0wf wrote: »
    any ideas what time the bars open?

11 or 12

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Think it was about 45 incl shipping, not the cheapest option in fairness, but I do use the thing quite a bit.

Mine worked out at less than 40. Maybe around 39 euro. Free shipping when order is over 25 pounds. Came with micro usb cable, you can use it to charge battery off computer or just use any mains micro usb charger to charge it, like a Samsung one. Provided cable can also be used to charge phone such as Samsung from battery, or you just use your own usb cable (for iPhone or whatever) with it. Don't bother buying the plug if you have a Samsung charger anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

Dowdy wrote: »
    Mine worked out at less than 40. Maybe around 39 euro. Free shipping when order is over 25 pounds. Came with micro usb cable, you can use it to charge battery off computer or just use any mains micro usb charger to charge it, like a Samsung one. Provided cable can also be used to charge phone such as Samsung from battery, or you just use your own usb cable (for iPhone or whatever) with it. Don't bother buying the plug if you have a Samsung charger anyway.

Got one of those 12000 mah powerbanks from aldi today for €20. Get your hole down to aldi tomorrow and save yourself a score. Great yolk, can charge 3 devices at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I usually drink water or coffee during the day at the arena, I have a few cans from 6 pm onwards at the camp site, I would buy pints in the arena but I resent the choice on offer, 3 kinds of lager, Bacardi cocktails, I hate the fact that I'm forced to drink lager if I want to drink a beer in the arena when the bars are doing business. The last time Guinness was served was at the 2007 EP, Murphys apparently is in the same group as Heineken, but you can't get a stout at the festival, I heard recently that the VIP bar had Murphys, respect the stout drinkers I say. Thats what my carry out consists of anyway, loads of Guinness.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Got one of those 12000 mah powerbanks from aldi today for €20. Get your hole down to aldi tomorrow and save yourself a score. Great yolk, can charge 3 devices at once.

Were there many left when you went in? I'm probably gonna hit up a few Aldis tomorrow in the hopes of getting one. I've got a little pebble charger but it only holds just over a single charge at full capacity (I was planning to get by with that) whereas that 12,000 mah beast would charge both my phone and my girlfriends a couple of times before it ran out I'd say!

• Advertisement

I usually drink water or coffee during the day at the arena, I have a few cans from 6 pm onwards at the camp site, I would buy pints in the arena but I resent the choice on offer, 3 kinds of lager, Bacardi cocktails, I hate the fact that I'm forced to drink lager if I want to drink a beer in the arena when the bars are doing business. The last time Guinness was served was at the 2007 EP, Murphys apparently is in the same group as Heineken, but you can't get a stout at the festival, I heard recently that the VIP bar had Murphys, respect the stout drinkers I say. Thats what my carry out consists of anyway, loads of Guinness.

The poor portaloos. I am partial to a few pints of stout but its not pretty or kind in a festival setting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement