Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

The new Rustie is streaming and webrips surfaced. I expected to not like it but it's class. Real party album so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

was trying to listen via his website game thing last night but i couldn't figure out how to get past song 3 and ended up with the 2nd one (with D Double E) playing over and over :pac:
    will have to have a listen elsewhere this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

anyone know what time the forest rave starts and ends at? sorry if someone else already asked!

starts friday and finishes monday....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The new Rustie is streaming and webrips surfaced. I expected to not like it but it's class. Real party album so far.

As a big fan of what's he done so far I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. It feels a bit all over the place in terms of cohesion and a lot of the tracks don't feel finished. It's also far too short.

was trying to listen via his website game thing last night but i couldn't figure out how to get past song 3 and ended up with the 2nd one (with D Double E) playing over and over :pac:.

It's gonna go down (x10,000)

• Advertisement

This bar thing has put a bit of a dampener on the picnic for me tbh.

I think we'll be missing Pod and John Reynolds a lot more than than we expect. They knew how to party and MCD/Festival Republic know how to make money.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sadly not. I wish it went on till 6-7am because it always seems to get going around 4am and then it ends :'(

Technically that is still Monday though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

Were there many left when you went in? I'm probably gonna hit up a few Aldis tomorrow in the hopes of getting one. I've got a little pebble charger but it only holds just over a single charge at full capacity (I was planning to get by with that) whereas that 12,000 mah beast would charge both my phone and my girlfriends a couple of times before it ran out I'd say!

Well I got the last 12000 mah in the aldi in Kildare town yesterday but they still had the 7000 mah rugged one which is dust and splash proof. Same price as well at 20 snots. I'm sure other stores will still have them though.

Snots, blips, squids. Does anyone pay in actual currency anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Snots, blips, squids. Does anyone pay in actual currency anymore?

My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Anyone get today's Hot Press EP special yet? There's hardly a map in it is there? God be with the days when they used to have the map in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

I'm brining an old Nokia 6680 with about 5 spare batteries. No way I'd chance losing my OnePlus One while throwing some serious shapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Pretty annoying about the bars being open later, can see a lot of acts being missed by people now because they want to stay in the campsite and drink, arriving early and getting camping close to the arena might be a good idea. I really wish it was like Body & Soul, limit the amount of drink we can bring in but once we're inside you can bring your drink wherever you want, I'd say I spent more money at that festival than I have at any others because I was constantly in the arena beside food stalls and bars etc. When I'm at EP drinking in the campsite I won't spend a penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Pretty annoying about the bars being open later, can see a lot of acts being missed by people now because they want to stay in the campsite and drink, arriving early and getting camping close to the arena might be a good idea. I really wish it was like Body & Soul, limit the amount of drink we can bring in but once we're inside you can bring your drink wherever you want, I'd say I spent more money at that festival than I have at any others because I was constantly in the arena beside food stalls and bars etc. When I'm at EP drinking in the campsite I won't spend a penny.

Thing is, that this makes such good sense... limit to 24 cans. We will drink those 24 cans anyway and then buy some in the bars. Like you, I spent more in the bars at B&S than I would normally at a festival. The lack of queues into the arena made for a much better atmosphere. In fact B&S 2014 was the best festival weekend in Ireland in many a year (IMHO) and I think the free-flow policy was a major factor in that.

I go to festivals for the music and atmosphere, not to smuggle beer. I have however become an expert beer smuggler.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Theinsideman

Duff wrote: »
    I'm brining an old Nokia 6680 with about 5 spare batteries. No way I'd chance losing my OnePlus One while throwing some serious shapes.

OnePlus One... nice phone

Dowdy wrote: »
    Anyone get today's Hot Press EP special yet? There's hardly a map in it is there? God be with the days when they used to have the map in it.

think they did last year? or maybe that's another festival i'm thinking of.
    for Forbidden Fruit they had the times in it before they had appeared online...

pmalone wrote: »
    Thing is, that this makes such good sense... limit to 24 cans. We will drink those 24 cans anyway and then buy some in the bars. Like you, I spent more in the bars at B&S than I would normally at a festival. The lack of queues into the arena made for a much better atmosphere. In fact B&S 2014 was the best festival weekend in Ireland in many a year (IMHO) and I think the free-flow policy was a major factor in that.

I go to festivals for the music and atmosphere, not to smuggle beer. I have however become an expert beer smuggler.

Agree with you 100%, it made the whole festival a better experience. People weren't as messy from trying to get as much drink into them as fast as possible, the campsite felt a lot cleaner and relaxed because people were generally at music or in the arena all the time, no checks coming in and out of the arena sped things up so much and like you and me, a lot of people still probably spent more money than they would at other festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

I know it's a total long shot but does anyone have any idea what night Outkast are on? I might have work on Friday and I'll cry if I miss them.

I would imagine outkast are on the sunday :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10541062_10152611031613349_1506285665142527759_o.jpg

Who runs B&S?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

What's the setup like at the rave in the woods? can you bring cans there or is there a bar? same security as the stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

NickMondo wrote: »
    What's the setup like at the rave in the woods? can you bring cans there or is there a bar? same security as the stages?

The rave in the woods is my fav spot of picnic, i usually stroll down around 1am, no bar there ( i dont remember one anyway) bag of cans in your hand and your dancing shoes on! SORTED

there is a bar there, various Red Bull concoctions.

NickMondo wrote: »

The RBMA (rave in the woods), Salty Dog & Trenchtown are all located in the woods just off the campsite, completely separate to the main arena, so you are allowed to bring drink in and out of there which is a nice option to have. Can't actually remember if there is a bar in the RBMA, something is telling me there was one but I could be completely wrong.. Wasn't exactly in the best shape when I was down there every night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

I've heard some vicious rumours that the rave in the forest stage is in fact the red bull stage, any truth to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

The Red Bull Music Academy = the Rave in the Woods

The Rave in the Woods = The Red Bull Music Academy

Einhorn = Finkle

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Creeby wrote: »
    I've heard some vicious rumours that the rave in the forest stage is in fact the red bull stage, any truth to this?

Red Bull started sponsoring Rave in the Woods last year. Not all bad though, the extra money meant we got Ben Klock last year and doubt tha EP would have invested in his fee otherwise. This year we get Joy Orbison who would charge a fair bit. Fingers crossed for John Talabot to play up there next year.

Its a rare example of sponsorship that actually enhances the experience IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Red Bull, a great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Anyone have an tips on essentials to bring with me. . .first ever festival.

• Advertisement

Tent. Sleeping bag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement