Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

reckless abandon.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Tommy54 wrote: »
    Anyone have an tips on essentials to bring with me. . .first ever festival.

Ticket, tent, sleeping matt/mattress, sleeping bag, warm clothing, rain jacket, 2 pairs of boots or shoes, warm socks, loo roll, towel, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, beer, money, camp chair. Leave your self respect at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Ticket, tent, sleeping matt/mattress, sleeping bag, warm clothing, rain jacket, 2 pairs of boots or shoes, warm socks, loo roll, towel, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, beer, money, camp chair. Leave your self respect at home.

Fantastic i'll get on that straight away. My self respect will be stored off until i return! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Im driving up this year (its my turn) has anyones car ever been damaged in the car parks? Little bit apprehensive

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Im driving up this year (its my turn) has anyones car ever been damaged in the car parks? Little bit apprehensive

It happens but as long as you are careful and don't leave anything valuable in sight you'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Tommy54 wrote: »
    Anyone have an tips on essentials to bring with me. . .first ever festival.

bog roll, water and a pillowcase(fill it with your clothes)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Meant to offer you my top festival tip!!

Bring a pair of woolly mittens or gloves. Keep one for yourself and give your mate the other, then late at night when its cold use your gloved/mittened to hold your cold beer. Nothing worse than holding a cold can with a cold hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Meant to offer you my top festival tip!!

Bring a pair of woolly mittens or gloves. Keep one for yourself and give your mate the other, then late at night when its cold use your gloved/mittened to hold your cold beer. Nothing worse than holding a cold can with a cold hand

Cold beer? What is this sorcery?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

What about these fellas!! 1.49 for 2, they have clips

Bought these at body and soul, they broke and spilled their contents, not recommended, will be using the big capri suns at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Here's a tip: Put a pinch of sage in your boots, and all day long a spicy scent is your reward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

where can you buy the capri sun screw tops?

You can get them in most convenience stores like Spar or Mace. Totally worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Duff wrote: »
    I'm brining an old Nokia 6680 with about 5 spare batteries. No way I'd chance losing my OnePlus One while throwing some serious shapes.

Handy if you get into a fight for sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

From people's experience, do security pat you down going into the main arena? I know securities different every year, but I want to try sneak in a couple of those capri suns celetaped to various areas of my person

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

What's the actual rule for how I can be searched? I don't mean this so I can sneak cans in or drugs but last year they took the absolute piss going through my wallet, opening sealed pouches of tobacco, through all of my bag, and more thorough than a patdown when they were checking my person.

Obviously I don't mind the patdown, but how can I essentially do the "Am I being detained, am I free to go" in regards to not giving up my rights to not be searched by someone who isn't a member of AGS.

The ticket says "Before entering, all patrons will be subject to a search in a manner permissible under the law." So what's the law regarding this?

Not really as light hearted as posts should be this close to it but the security were actually quite a downer on my weekend last year because they gave me such a doing every time I went through into the arena. Must just have one of those faces, but i'd rather it didn't happen again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

How early will most people head down at on the Friday? It's my first EP and I'm trying to convince my friend to be there around 10am but no luck so far. Best campsite for access to car parks and the venue?

On a side note I have to say the EP website isn't great. Very little info on it in terms of different car parks, time slots for bands etc. This thread has been a life saver, thanks everyone :D

Pillowcase good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

What's the actual rule for how I can be searched? I don't mean this so I can sneak cans in or drugs but last year they took the absolute piss going through my wallet, opening sealed pouches of tobacco, through all of my bag, and more thorough than a patdown when they were checking my person.
    Having this kind of carry-on by security at a so-called boutique festival is a ****ing disgrace.

Does anyone know where i can buy festival kits with everything i need?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Fair play to the guy who recommended the battery pack from aldi, got sorted in Parnell st shop.

stephen.87 wrote: »
    Fair play to the guy who recommended the battery pack from aldi, got sorted in Parnell st shop.

whats this?

• Advertisement

thats really cool thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Obviously I don't mind the patdown, but how can I essentially do the "Am I being detained, am I free to go" in regards to not giving up my rights to not be searched by someone who isn't a member of AGS.

The ticket says "Before entering, all patrons will be subject to a search in a manner permissible under the law." So what's the law regarding this?

Not really as light hearted as posts should be this close to it but the security were actually quite a downer on my weekend last year because they gave me such a doing every time I went through into the arena. Must just have one of those faces, but i'd rather it didn't happen again this year.

That is shocking behavior from security. They must have overstepped the mark at some point there. There is a limit to reasonable suspicion, they're not the guards, or TSA for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Having this kind of carry-on by security at a so-called boutique festival is a ****ing disgrace.

The days of it being called or been treated as a boutique festival are long gone. The boutiqiest festival in Ireland, Body and Soul had the booze Stazi employed last year.

Its in the T&Cs that they more or less have right to do so, although it is a bit heavy handed. Festivals in the UK have sniffer dogs.

Inside most people know the are chancing their arm getting booze in before 10pm and just feel unlucky if the are caught, the really annoying thing is the queues such thorough checks create.

Independence 2012 was the worst for security, going through wallets each and pat downs with a female security doing pat downs for the girls. This was a few weeks after SHM in phoenix park though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lbj666 wrote: »
    The days of it being called or been treated as a boutique festival are long gone. The boutiqiest festival in Ireland, Body and Soul had the booze Stazi employed last year.

Its in the T&Cs that they more or less have right to do so, although it is a bit heavy handed. Festivals in the UK have sniffer dogs.

Inside most people know the are chancing their arm getting booze in before 10pm and just feel unlucky if the are caught, the really annoying thing is the queues such thorough checks create.

Independence 2012 was the worst for security, going through wallets each and pat downs with a female security doing pat downs for the girls. This was a few weeks after SHM in phoenix park though.

Agree on that , I was there too . Even when my friend and i were bringing stuff back to the car to pack up on Sunday evening they were even checking our bags/sleeping bags etc when we were leaving the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

I am pretty sure we all agree with that, but the question remains what does

"subject to a search in a manner permissible under the law"

actually mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I suspect that it probably means that by accepting their terms and conditions to attend an event on private property organised by them that they can do what the hell they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cornybread

Phil cawley just mentioned there is possibly another announcement about a big dj?? Today fm listeners will be the first to know supposedly....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

cornybread wrote: »
    Phil cawley just mentioned there is possibly another announcement about a big dj?? Today fm listeners will be the first to know supposedly....

Ohhhhh did he say when???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Lat night Sat. slot?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement