Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Someone from this list perhaps?

http://www.southwestfour.com/2014-line-up

I still think it might Laurent Garnier

I recognise about 4 of those names, plus Mike Skinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Bootsy. wrote: »
    Le Galaxie will be taking over Electric Picnic's Facebook page next Monday at 9pm and will be answering everyone's questions. That should be interesting!

Maybe we can get them to release the damn schedule and map...

The map might be out on Monday anyway cos it looks like that's when it was released last year. Nothing amplifies the pre-Picnic giddiness quite like staring at a map daydreaming about being in the ****ing thing in a blissful stupor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

They've had sniffer dogs there the last 2 years from Friday morning to Friday afternoon. I don't think they actually do anything and in any case they're gone by Friday night and don't return for the rest of the festival. In my experience there's a lot of huffing and puffing earlier on on Friday but everything gets increasingly lax as the weekend goes on. Might up it again for the day trippers though.

Ya they are for show, they can't stay too far away from our major ports and airports for too long. Dispite peoples efforts consume as much as possible, what gets into the picnic is nothing compared what could get through Irelands borders on any given day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

nmg_ire wrote: »
    He said an international super star dj will be announced on his show tomorrow from 3pm. The way he sounded was like it's a very well known dj.

I am trying to think who could it be that your average afternoon todayfm listener would recognise that isn't one of the ****ing terrible front figures of the "EDM" movement.

Although Skillex would be hilarious to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

garrkell wrote: »
    there is nothing about any dj on their facebook page......:rolleyes:

Yup, I see it now. Completely misread mate. Sorry =(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

So no dj announcements??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

D.Q wrote: »
    So no dj announcements??

Tomorrow at 3 I think it said?

Hope it's not a chav act!

Just announce trentmoller for the absolute craic.

A last 'drink smuggling' resort!!
    Vodka soaked jellies! Apparently these bad boys can absorb a huge amount of liquid, leave in the fridge for a few days then back into the original packaging I suppose and try and make it look unopened!!

You're allowed to bring food into arena yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Vodka soaked jellies! Apparently these bad boys can absorb a huge amount of liquid, leave in the fridge for a few days then back into the original packaging I suppose and try and make it look unopened!!

Hhmmm, doesn't the alcohol evaporate? I use vodka as a glue in cake decorating for that reason. Although with the amount they absorb there will still be some in it.
    I'm not sciencey so not sure. Feck it, allergic to vodka anyway.

Not too fussed about EP releasing the map but they usually can release this slightly earlier, as long as everything is out by wed/Thursday I'll be happy enough, that was just "sneaaky" last year releasing times on the Friday! Obviously they had it confirmed beforehand if tens of thousands of lanyards were printed!

Casa Bacardi Line up out with times. Its a start at least. Lets hope the rest is coming soon!

https://www.facebook.com/Bacardiireland?sk=app_208195102528120&ref=woobox

53f618096e0b8-Bacardi-EP-lineup-Woobox.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIN2LA6CCAQZWWXZA&Expires=1408732639&Signature=zUtqtQzRVrI27gCIZVy7Hl0sRew%3D

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Hhmmm, doesn't the alcohol evaporate? I use vodka as a glue in cake decorating for that reason. Although with the amount they absorb there will still be some in it.
    I'm not sciencey so not sure. Feck it, allergic to vodka anyway.

I'm sure it does in small amounts, but I can't see a large bowl losing all of its kick! In hail like a mofo when you open the fridge so ;)

Do you make kids birthday cakes by any chance? What if the vodka doesn't evaporate!! Feeding Vodka to minors!! I always thought it was the sugar that sent them crazy :)

I'm sure it does in small amounts, but I can't see a large bowl losing all of its kick! In hail like a mofo when you open the fridge so ;)

Do you make kids birthday cakes by any chance? What if the vodka doesn't evaporate!! Feeding Vodka to minors!! I always thought it was the sugar that sent them crazy :)

Only to my nieces and nephews! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Or chuck em in a few ziplock bags.. Didn't see the pic when I read this and thought you were on about bringing a bowl of jelly in with you or something! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Why is it taking so long to announce who is playing which day? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Can anyone give me a quick going over about the alcohol rules.

Last year I brought a **** load of cans and a few bottles of wine which I poured into plastic bottles. All this talk about smuggling stuff in has left me confused? We are allowed to bring cans in I assume? And plastic bottles filled with drink? I know it sounds like a stupid question but all this talk has left me a bit confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

We're talking about smuggling drink into the arena, not the campsite. Bring whatever you want into the campsite (within reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Twist: the 'DJ' to be announced is Matt Cooper doing Mindfield...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

MattD wrote: »
    Twist: the 'DJ' to be announced is Matt Cooper doing Mindfield...!

Agh god!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ocli64

So I just found out I have to work the Friday and the Monday if EP weekend with no way out of it. Basically I am trying to weigh up my options to get the most out of the weekend and would love some input from EP veterans (last year was my first one).

Realistically the earliest I will get there is 4.30 on Friday. Last year we arrived around 2.30 and struggled to find somewhere decent to camp(I.e somewhere within reasonable distance of our friends) Ended up getting lucky when the people next to our friends offered to move their tent slightly so we'd fit in which was great but don't know if I want the stress of it again this year. What's the story with the oscar Wilde campsite? Does this fill up a bit later than Hendrix?

So the other option I'm considering is, if we haven't a hope of camping near friends anyway would we be better going for the pre pitched Pink Moon camping? Has anyone here done that? Is it worth the money?

I'm definitively over thinking things but just want the least stressful option when I'll be coming straight from work, especially if we're looking at a full Friday line up and not the scaled back one like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

What are the chances of the DJ announcement being QOTSA? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Josh Homme does the odd electronic remix, maybe it's him!

ocli64 wrote: »
    So I just found out I have to work the Friday and the Monday if EP weekend with no way out of it. Basically I am trying to weigh up my options to get the most out of the weekend and would love some input from EP veterans (last year was my first one).

Realistically the earliest I will get there is 4.30 on Friday. Last year we arrived around 2.30 and struggled to find somewhere decent to camp(I.e somewhere within reasonable distance of our friends) Ended up getting lucky when the people next to our friends offered to move their tent slightly so we'd fit in which was great but don't know if I want the stress of it again this year. What's the story with the oscar Wilde campsite? Does this fill up a bit later than Hendrix?

So the other option I'm considering is, if we haven't a hope of camping near friends anyway would we be better going for the pre pitched Pink Moon camping? Has anyone here done that? Is it worth the money?

I'm definitively over thinking things but just want the least stressful option when I'll be coming straight from work, especially if we're looking at a full Friday line up and not the scaled back one like last year.

Why don't you just ask your friends to take your tent pitch it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I reckon either Pete Tong or Laurent Garnier, Red Bull has to announce a few others, well 12 other DJs, Daniel Avery,Daniel Avery, Daniel Avery, Daniel Avery,Daniel Avery, Daniel Avery, Daniel Avery or maybe Daniel Avery, feckin book him or I'll raze your festival to the ground and there will be no more EPs Har Har har har har har.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I reckon either Pete Tong or Laurent Garnier, Red Bull has to announce a few others, well 12 other DJs, Daniel Avery,Daniel Avery, Daniel Avery, Daniel Avery,Daniel Avery, Daniel Avery, Daniel Avery or maybe Daniel Avery, feckin book him or I'll raze your festival to the ground and there will be no more EPs Har Har har har har har.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I do worry about you BD. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

He's always been a few tabs short of Woodstock.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ocli64

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Why don't you just ask your friends to take your tent pitch it for you?

They're going to be bussing it so will be struggling just to carry their own stuff, unfortunately. May just risk getting them to lay some stuff out and trying to save a spot but would still be interested to hear more about Pink Moon from someone who's camped there!

• Advertisement

ocli64 wrote: »
    They're going to be bussing it so will be struggling just to carry their own stuff, unfortunately. May just risk getting them to lay some stuff out and trying to save a spot but would still be interested to hear more about Pink Moon from someone who's camped there!

If you're driving couldn't you exchange some of the stuff, like if they're taking a cooler, you take that instead and they take the tent. Just as an example.

Looked into Pink Moon etc myself but couldn't justify the cost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement