Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 am777

Is it not a picture of a previous ep headliner? Couldn't be coldplay in that case!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Believe it or not it is Two Door Cinema Club from last year , e.p had it posted last week asking to guess who it was ,and then they confirmed it later on ....

• Registered Users Posts: 18 am777

Yeah I saw their 'confirmation' but I agree with the other comments on the fb page, it is Brandon 2012 without a doubt. The lead singer of tdcc has longer hair and both other members play guitar so it is none of those. Also the top of the trademark Killers lightening bolt in front is a bit of a giveaway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

It's part of their 2013 gallery and specifically says Two Door Cinema Club
    http://photos.electricpicnic.ie/2013/6055e31e-1323-11e3-a3a8-720952d2a5e4?image_keywords=Highlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Please, please, not Coldplay. No.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Electric Picnic
    The line-up is sealed and ready to go.

We will now be making our first line-up announcement at 12pm Wednesday 19th March just because we are so excited for what we have in store for Electric Picnic 2014.

Tickets on sale at 7pm that evening from Ticketmaster.

1902717_10152291373699168_2139958503_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

If Coldplay are headlining I think I'll cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

Where is everyone getting Coldplay from? A few people think a photo, which is confirmed to be of Two Door Cinema Club, is of Chris Martin from Coldplay and suddenly everyone assumes they're playing. Theoretically yes they could, but I highly highly doubt it, if Coldplay are at EP this year I'll eat my hat.

Where is everyone getting Coldplay from? A few people think a photo, which is confirmed to be of Two Door Cinema Club, is of Chris Martin from Coldplay and suddenly everyone assumes they're playing. Theoretically yes they could, but I highly highly doubt it, if Coldplay are at EP this year I'll eat my hat.

Agreed . No hope of Coldplay at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I don't get the Coldplay hate, not my fav band by a long shot but from what I've seen, they put on a good show. You also have to remember that acts like Coldplay whether you like them or not guarantee ticket sales which are the life blood of the weekend and pay for you to see the more obscure acts who can them be booked on the back of it.

• Advertisement

I don't get the Coldplay hate, not my fav band by a long shot but from what I've seen, they put on a good show. You also have to remember that acts like Coldplay whether you like them or not guarantee ticket sales which are the life blood of the weekend and pay for you to see the more obscure acts who can them be booked on the back of it.

It's the crowd that coldplay would attract that I wouldn't like. Anyway, yeah, hardly a chance of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Coldplay haven't announced a single date this year ,calm down everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I can't believe we're at the stage with the EP where Coldplay are even being considered by the punters!
    Had you told me that x5 years ago I would have laughed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I actually like Coldplay, but surely they could sell out somewhere like the Aviva or Croke Park on their own? Why would they even bother playing Electric Picnic? Very excited to see this line up on Wednesday, I am optimistically hoping for/predicting Chic and Outkast to play.. I would be an extremely happy man if that was the case. Have been quite disappointed by most other festivals in Ireland announced so far so I'm hoping Picnic will save the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Ideal people I'd like to see headlining would be QOTSA, Aphex Twin, Moderat (probably not big enough for the promoters), Chemical Brothers, Japanese popstars, Orbital, Underworld.

The headliners delivered last year, Bjork was amazing as was Disclosure. Jesus I can't wait for this now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ideal people I'd like to see headlining would be QOTSA, Aphex Twin, Moderat (probably not big enough for the promoters), Chemical Brothers, Japanese popstars, Orbital, Underworld.

The headliners delivered last year, Bjork was amazing as was Disclosure. Jesus I can't wait for this now.:D

Moderat played EP in 2009 to a rammed little big tent (Same capacity as Vicar Street I think), theres a good chance of them I'd say for EP it will be six months by the time EP comes around when they played in Ireland last, seems about right. +1 for Aphex.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

I survived the Coldplay debacle of pg 38 - 40!

On a more relevant note, I heard last Friday on the radio that QOTSA, Beck, Outkast & Damon Albarn were the headliners. Each of those were on the fake poster so reckon the station just got duped into thinking it was official?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Just wondering if anyone has received their discount code from Ticketmaster? No sign of mine as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't received anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Chic must be a near certainty to play now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keeeeeeitho

I think Chic, Foals, Queens of the Stone age and Outkast are the most probable announcements for tomorrow.

Also, Arc Tangent is on the same weekend, so I think there may be a strong post rock presence at this by the time the line up is finalised.

http://arctangent.co.uk/line-up/

Lauryn Hill, Busta Rhymes and any of the acts from either Dimensions or Outlook would be contenders for the first announcement too.

http://www.dimensionsfestival.com/2014-line-up/
    http://www.outlookfestival.com/2014-line-up/

Although Caribou and Darkside are playing Body and Soul, it's quite possible that they could be a late announcement, which would be nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think Chic, Foals, Queens of the Stone age and Outkast are the most probable announcements for tomorrow.

Would be very pleased if that were the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

with Chic having "Stradbally, Ireland" on their site, and Foals playing MCD gigs a few weeks back and playing Bestival the week after EP, i'd say both are almost certain.

Where did everyone get Outkast from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

GenieOz wrote: »
    Where did everyone get Outkast from?

They're playing 40 (?) festival dates worldwide this year, only 2 in the UK and one of them is the week after Picnic at Bestival. Probably a combination of people hoping they will be announced too but I think they are as good a shout as any.

Foals UK & Irl tour completely sold out, given they've just played Dub in Feb I can see them doing another Irish gig/festival this year. Either EP or Longitude. Hopefully EP

They're playing 40 (?) festival dates worldwide this year, only 2 in the UK and one of them is the week after Picnic at Bestival. Probably a combination of people hoping they will be announced too but I think they are as good a shout as any.

Good good, was hoping they weren't just plucked out of the air! Excitement now..one more day to wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Anybody get loyalty code yet ??

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Foals UK & Irl tour completely sold out, given they've just played Dub in Feb I can see them doing another Irish gig/festival this year. Either EP or Longitude. Hopefully EP

They did Longitude last year so cant see them doing there again so yea fingers crossed for EP :)

• Advertisement

Ok so we'll know tomorrow who the actual headliners will be, anyone wanna guess/predict before then we can see who is the most accurate!
    You can only pick x3 I.e. Fri, Sat & Sun night. Prob way off here but I'll say;

Portishead
    Foals
    Outkast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement