Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

ocli64 wrote: »
    So I just found out I have to work the Friday and the Monday if EP weekend with no way out of it. Basically I am trying to weigh up my options to get the most out of the weekend and would love some input from EP veterans (last year was my first one).

Realistically the earliest I will get there is 4.30 on Friday. Last year we arrived around 2.30 and struggled to find somewhere decent to camp(I.e somewhere within reasonable distance of our friends) Ended up getting lucky when the people next to our friends offered to move their tent slightly so we'd fit in which was great but don't know if I want the stress of it again this year. What's the story with the oscar Wilde campsite? Does this fill up a bit later than Hendrix?

So the other option I'm considering is, if we haven't a hope of camping near friends anyway would we be better going for the pre pitched Pink Moon camping? Has anyone here done that? Is it worth the money?

I'm definitively over thinking things but just want the least stressful option when I'll be coming straight from work, especially if we're looking at a full Friday line up and not the scaled back one like last year.

If they are your friends, they will erect (ooer matron) your tent for you. Then you can arrive down with all your gear and tear straight into catch-up drinking....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Apparently the Minutes were on the radio there saying they would clash with OutKast and Mogwai Sunday night. Rustie's website is also saying he's on Sunday night so it's quite possible those are 4 of the 5 headline acts in the main arena Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I will quite possibly cry if Outkast and Mogwai clash... And I was getting into Rustie lately too... I'd be surprised if the Minutes' mammies even came to see them with those clashes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

ocli64 wrote: »
    So I just found out I have to work the Friday and the Monday if EP weekend with no way out of it. Basically I am trying to weigh up my options to get the most out of the weekend and would love some input from EP veterans (last year was my first one).

Realistically the earliest I will get there is 4.30 on Friday. Last year we arrived around 2.30 and struggled to find somewhere decent to camp(I.e somewhere within reasonable distance of our friends) Ended up getting lucky when the people next to our friends offered to move their tent slightly so we'd fit in which was great but don't know if I want the stress of it again this year. What's the story with the oscar Wilde campsite? Does this fill up a bit later than Hendrix?

So the other option I'm considering is, if we haven't a hope of camping near friends anyway would we be better going for the pre pitched Pink Moon camping? Has anyone here done that? Is it worth the money?

I'm definitively over thinking things but just want the least stressful option when I'll be coming straight from work, especially if we're looking at a full Friday line up and not the scaled back one like last year.

EP is usually relaxed, you could arrive late'ish and still get a decent spot, but I've noticed it's getting a bit more hyper, more ppl talking about getting there early and queuing before the gates even open! Which is a shame! Ruins the chilled vibe and takes the fun out of it, especially if everyone is fooked by 10pm because they were up so early!
    You definitely need to get your tent down there, could your friends carry your tent and just take it out of the bag, spread where you intend to pitch?
    In terms of work, I'd be trying my best get at least x1 half day, leave early Friday or start late Monday!!

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Apparently the Minutes were on the radio there saying they would clash with OutKast and Mogwai Sunday night. Rustie's website is also saying he's on Sunday night so it's quite possible those are 4 of the 5 headline acts in the main arena Sunday night.

That's why the minutes are headlining the EA!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Can't seem to find anything about an announcement tomorrow on the Internet. Is it just people on here saying there will be or what haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Pleaseee don't let there be a clash with Rustie :(

100% must see acts so far - Beck, Foals, London Grammar, Oukast, Portishead, Rustie, FKA Twigs, Wild Beasts, Chic, Stephen Malkmus, Bicep, Trinity Orchestras Demon Days, Flume.

If I got just those in I'd be a very happy camper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

If Outkast clash with Rustie I'll be gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

Thinking of heading down to this to see Simple Minds, Pet Shop Boys mainly but money is tight and so affording tents, sleeping bags and ground sheets etc wouldn't be an option (if we want to eat at least) and so wondering if sleeping in your car is an option? I know it says no sleeping in the car parks, but is it common? Is the car park free with all tickets, or just some of them? Also, are some car parks worth trying to get into due to their close proximity to the arena?

failing that and we did resort to buying a tent - is it safe to leave it unattended?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Looking at the DJ's who are free and around this place the time of ep.. Looks like it could be anyone from Disclosure to Fatboy slim to deadmau5 (hope to god not), hoping it will be either Basement Jaxx or Paul Kalkbrenner, if its any of that EDM sh1te i might consider selling my ticket :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Again, is there even an announcement? It'll be tiesto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Thinking of heading down to this to see Simple Minds, Pet Shop Boys mainly but money is tight and so affording tents, sleeping bags and ground sheets etc wouldn't be an option (if we want to eat at least) and so wondering if sleeping in your car is an option? I know it says no sleeping in the car parks, but is it common? Is the car park free with all tickets, or just some of them? Also, are some car parks worth trying to get into due to their close proximity to the arena?

failing that and we did resort to buying a tent - is it safe to leave it unattended?

do you have a ticket? I would suggest chipping in with your friends and getting a tent. You can get some god deals out there or ask around and see if you can borrow any equipment?
    It should be fairly safe to leave your tent but obviously don't leave anything valuable.

Looking at the DJ's who are free and around this place the time of ep.. Looks like it could be anyone from Disclosure to Fatboy slim to deadmau5 (hope to god not), hoping it will be either Basement Jaxx or Paul Kalkbrenner, if its any of that EDM sh1te i might consider selling my ticket :P

What's wrong with Deadmau5? His latest album is great and he would be a fantastic addition although I can't see it being him.

Ended up kipping in the car once or twice when the tent leaked, but not the entire weekend. Security drive around pretty regularly never heard of them stopping anyone, they drive in a loop, so if your car is "of the track" and it's dark they'll never see you.

All car parks are free. You don't really have a choice as to what car park you end up in.

From car park to main arena isn't that far, possibly 30min max (depends where you're parked), but keep in mind if heading in you will need to go through security on the main gate, then again into the main arena every time! When heading out the main gate you may get people hassling you for your wrist band.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    do you have a ticket?

No as we're waiting to see the schedule as there are only a handful of acts we want to see and so a 1 day ticket may do us.

Can you access the camping area with day tickets?
    I would suggest chipping in with your friends and getting a tent. You can get some god deals out there or ask around and see if you can borrow any equipment?
    It should be fairly safe to leave your tent but obviously don't leave anything valuable.

Just myself and the girlfriend and don't know anyone with camping equipment.

We went to Springsteen in Belfast last year and slept in the car there and we didn't mind it, so thought we just might do the same, especially if we end up having to get two weekend tickets as that will mean we'll be just eating cold beans and cream crackers for the weekend :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

What's wrong with Deadmau5? His latest album is great and he would be a fantastic addition although I can't see it being him.

Nothing wrong with deadmau5 just not my cup of tea :) dare I say it "oxegen act"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

No as we're waiting to see the schedule as there are only a handful of acts we want to see and so a 1 day ticket may do us.

You are aware that its completely sold out yes? so doubt you could afford the 400e per ticket being touted at the moment if you're going to be eating beans.

Nothing wrong with deadmau5 just not my cup of tea :) dare I say it "oxegen act"

He music is (for the most part) fantastic, he would be associated with a scummier crowd but that wouldn't even be relevant here because it's already sold out. He would probably cost way too much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can you access the camping area with day tickets?

Just myself and the girlfriend and don't know anyone with camping equipment.

We went to Springsteen in Belfast last year and slept in the car there and we didn't mind it, so thought we just might do the same, especially if we end up having to get two weekend tickets as that will mean we'll be just eating cold beans and cream crackers for the weekend :P

Weekend tickets and day tickets are sold out and you'll have to pay way over the odds to get one from touts.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    You are aware that its completely sold out yes? so doubt you could afford the 400e per ticket being touted at the moment if you're going to be eating beans.
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Weekend tickets and day tickets are sold out and you'll have to
    pay way over the odds to get one from touts.

Well, I was just going by other years and we were offered tickets on the Fri a few times and almost went down. Few friends have said that they have got tickets on Toutless on the Fri also. Not a chance I would pay over face though but we could just about afford two weekend tickets at face, plus cost of fuel etc (and the beans and crackers :)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm sorry but you haven't an ice cream's chance in hell of getting tickets at face value. It's been sold out for weeks and demand for tickets is still very very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Stayed in a van in the carpark 4 years running. No bother at all though did see a car closeby burned out maybe 4 years ago.

If you can, borrow a van from a mate, throw a mattress in the back and live in luxury. You can come and go as you please but no facilities available except the odd portaloo. Don't let security see you as they might try to move you on but we were never bothered.

Enjoy!

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you haven't an ice cream's chance in hell of getting tickets at face value. It's been sold out for weeks and demand for tickets is still very very high.

You can't charge over face for tickets on Adverts and Toutless though - wouldn't buy on Donedeal as a result.

We'll do our best anyway - see what turns up.
    rebelreded wrote: »
    Stayed in a van in the carpark 4 years running. No bother at all though did see a car closeby burned out maybe 4 years ago.

If you can, borrow a van from a mate, throw a mattress in the back and live in luxury. You can come and go as you please but no facilities available except the odd portaloo. Don't let security see you as they might try to move you on but we were never bothered.

Enjoy!

Cheers. Appreciate that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just listening to Matt Cooper and he's interviewing The Minutes and they said that they are playing at 11pm on Sunday and they clash with Outkast.

I wonder do they mean they are playing the Rakins stage? If they are also clashing with Mogwai then i would have thought they would headline EA.

I really do feel sorry for the Minutes up against Outkast especially if they are also doing 2 other gigs over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You can't charge over face for tickets on Adverts

Spending 30 seconds on adverts would show you that the vast majority have been doing so - my 'Report' finger is getting strained.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Stuart from Mogwai confirmed the other night (via Twitter) that they are headlining the "2nd stage" (Electric Arena) on the Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Stuart from Mogwai confirmed the other night (via Twitter) that they are headlining the "2nd stage" (Electric Arena) on the Sunday night.

Same as 2011 then

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Still no need to panic as things can and will change between now and then but here is MT Cranium's long term view :( We need to start seeing some signs for high pressure and a settled pattern :(

OUTLOOK for WED-THURS calls for further rain at times in a developing south to southwest flow with moderate wind gusts. A stronger system may follow next weekend -- I hope this outlook will change but the early signs are rather unsettled for Friday and Saturday (29th-30th) and quite windy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Any ideas where to pick up a pair of decent, but relatively cheap, hiking/waterproof boots (Bricks and mortar in Dublin)?

I’ve had enough of the eternal struggle trying to remove wellies in a tent at 5 in the morning, the amount of times i’ve capitulated and passed out in the door of the tent sits uneasy with me these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Any ideas where to pick up a pair of decent, but relatively cheap, hiking/waterproof boots (Bricks and mortar in Dublin)?

I’ve had enough of the eternal struggle trying to remove willies in a tent at 5 in the morning, the amount of times i’ve capitulated and passed out in the door of the tent sits uneasy with me these days.

aldi or TKMaxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement