Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Exactly one week and I'll almost certainly be awake, kicking the gf out of bed to get ready! :D Starting to get very excited now, the car's already virtually packed :o

No offence to the lads, but I'd find it very very funny if the Minutes were just blatantly lied to about headlining EA. Perhaps they just misunderstood and they're actually headlining the second tent (i.e. Rankin)? But I find it impossible to believe that the last slot on Sunday in the EA would go from DB & SV/The Knife to a band playing two other times over the weekend.

Anyways my lists (for my own benefit to get it down written) :

Must See:

PORTISHEAD - OUTKAST - MOGWAI - FOALS - ST VINCENT - LONDON GRAMMAR - FKA TWIGS - VANCOUVER SLEEP CLINIC - PERFUME GENIUS - CLEAN BANDIT

Will really try to get to:

BECK - CHIC - SIMPLE MINDS - WILD BEASTS - ASGEIR - TEMPLES - DRENGE - TRINITY ORCHESTRA - TUNEYARDS - KELIS - SIMON AMSTELL - KING KONG COMPANY - THE HORRORS - SIMON AMSTELL - LE GALAXIE

Still have an interest in seeing:

LILY ALLEN - BLONDIE - GLASS ANIMALS - TWIN SHADOW - THE 1975 - SOHN - NANCY WHANG - JAMES MURPHY - FLUME - SLEEP THIEVES - RUSTIE - HOZIER - JAMES VINCENT MCMORROW - PUNCH FACE CHAMPIONS - TVVINS

Something tells me I'll be disappointed...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Any ideas where to pick up a pair of decent, but relatively cheap, hiking/waterproof boots (Bricks and mortar in Dublin)?

I’ve had enough of the eternal struggle trying to remove willies in a tent at 5 in the morning, the amount of times i’ve capitulated and passed out in the door of the tent sits uneasy with me these days.

thinly veiled "i get laid a lot" post...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Any ideas where to pick up a pair of decent, but relatively cheap, hiking/waterproof boots (Bricks and mortar in Dublin)?

I’ve had enough of the eternal struggle trying to remove willies in a tent at 5 in the morning, the amount of times i’ve capitulated and passed out in the door of the tent sits uneasy with me these days.

God I love autocorrect!!!

Whatever you get up to yourself is none of our business! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Thank to all for spotting the worst spelling mistake of my life, some advice would be handy now in exchange for the laughs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

Dunnes have an alright pair of hiking boots for 30 bucks, wellies (willies) for 20.

Thank to all for spotting the worst spelling mistake of my life, some advice would be handy now in exchange for the laughs!!

Sorry - I just thought you needed the good quality boots for kicking blokes up the arse to get them out of your tent :D:D:D:D:D

I agree TK Max - I got a pair in Aldi a couple of weeks ago, and therefore i don't know if you would luck out, that were steel capped too...
    which coincidentally would be handy for kicking people up the arse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Im very excited about this supposed announcement....ahhhh I wonder who it will be, maybe the late night saturday slot act?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Im very excited about this supposed announcement....ahhhh I wonder who it will be, maybe the late night saturday slot act?

Wouldn't be surprised if it's "hilariously" one of their own DJ's

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

murdog! wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if it's "hilariously" one of their own DJ's

I certainly hope not :( My hopes are high....!

• Advertisement

At the risk of sounding like a complete snob I have no faith in the dj announcement from phill Cawley on today fm

Well look at that I do sound like a complete music snob!

Rfrip wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a complete snob I have no faith in the dj announcement from phill Cawley on today fm

I'm right there with ya, but I don't care! The lineup already has more than enough to keep me satisfied.

Dominya wrote: »
    I'm right there with ya, but I don't care! The lineup already has more than enough to keep me satisfied.

Oh totally!!!bring on the stage times so the frenzy can begin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ahhh the EP is great, allowing normal people TO LIVE LIKE A FUC**N WINO HOBO for the weekend! Love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ahhh the EP is great, allowing normal people TO LIVE LIKE A FUC**N WINO HOBO for the weekend! Love it!!

Except i always have the fear that I am going to meet work colleagues or worse! people who work for me. Its hard to bollock someone who has seen you nursing a can at 10am while still blocked from the night before.

Sunnies & hat must be work at all times. I am the queen of disguise!

Except i always have the fear that I am going to meet work colleagues or worse! people who work for me. Its hard to bollock someone who has seen you nursing a can at 10am while still blocked from the night before.

Sunnies & hat must be work at all times. I am the queen of disguise!

And now RTE are doing coverage so you've gotta be extra stealthy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Rfrip wrote: »

It's Matt Cooper

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Fatfrog wrote: »

"Normal people"? Speak for yourself..

Some details in today's Times about which bands are playing which stages on what days, in this article listing the "must-sees", some of which are, frankly, "must-avoids": http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/ten-must-sees-for-electric-picnic-2014-1.1903789

Oddly, it lists Beck as playing the main stage on Sunday, and Portishead on Saturday, which would presumably mean Outkast are on the Friday after Blondie and PSB..? Which means The Minutes don't know what they're on about. I'm confused.

Hope to **** Beck doesn't clash with Mogwai now...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Dowdy wrote: »
    Some details in today's Times about which bands are playing which stages on what days, in this article listing the "must-sees", some of which are, frankly, "must-avoids": http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/ten-must-sees-for-electric-picnic-2014-1.1903789

Oddly, it lists Beck as playing the main stage on Sunday, and Portishead on Saturday, which would presumably mean Outkast are on the Friday after Blondie and PSB..? Which means The Minutes don't know what they're on about. I'm confused.

Hope to **** Beck doesn't clash with Mogwai now...
    Just came on here to link that up. Means Beck will clash with Mogwai on the Sunday, gutted. So I presume it'll be St Vincent > Mogwai in the EA.

• Advertisement

Dominya wrote: »
    And now RTE are doing coverage so you've gotta be extra stealthy ;)

I know! may next week is finally the time to go blonde!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

What hooch are ye all thinking of bringing this year? I'm thinking to ease up on the amount of cans maybe just enough to keep me ticking over during the day then maybe a litre of vodka to put me over the edge at night. Might stick an emergency bottle of Buckfast in the boot of the car as well.

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Just came on here to link that up. Means Beck will clash with Mogwai on the Sunday, gutted. So I presume it'll be St Vincent > Mogwai in the EA.

Balls on it. That could also mean St. Vincent will clash with Sinead O'Connor, which would also be a shame. Two very strong, singular female artists placed head-to-head right before two veteran legends of alternative rock are placed head-to-head. It's like Sophie's Choice all over again, albeit with less child murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Oh No! Mogwai vs Outkast I could live with, but Mogwai vs Beck???

Have seen Mogwai a few times before, so .. I can't even say it!

Duff wrote: »
    What hooch are ye all thinking of bringing this year? I'm thinking to ease up on the amount of cans maybe just enough to keep me ticking over during the day then maybe a litre of vodka to put me over the edge at night. Might stick an emergency bottle of Buckfast in the boot of the car as well.

Good question. I can't drink anything but beer which makes this pretty damn awkward.
    Now I just need to find a beer that tastes OK warm. Any suggestions? I was thinking Bavaria for the chav feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Oh No! Mogwai vs Outkast I could live with, but Mogwai vs Beck???

Have seen Mogwai a few times before, so .. I can't even say it!

I'm gonna go half and half. Can't decide otherwise.

JD is my one true friend :cool:

PS - to those that are looking to bring in some non-alcoholic drinks into the arena area, Eddie Rockets are giving out capri-sun type screw top drinky things that can hold quite a bit of liquid...

It's actually ridiculous that IT obviously has a stage and day breakdown handy and we're here licking up any scraps of info we can dig up from the artists Facebook page/ the radio/ tea leaves... There was certainly a day breakdown of the big artists at this point last year as well as the confirmation of them doing the scaled back Friday which we still don't have for this year either.

Same as every year, 2 slabs of beer, probably Heineken (yeah I know!) decanted bottle of jameson for morning tea purposes and then we keep 3/4 bottles of very nasty fizzy wine in the boot of the car for when we leave the lads at camp each morning and head up to the car for the ladies champagne brunch. Good craic friday and saturday, fecking awful by sunday, but its tradition "horse it into ya, I dont care if its warm" *spews*

• Advertisement

I'm gonna go half and half. Can't decide otherwise.

Have seen Mogwai already this summer at Primavera and they were on top form and are a must see. The clash with Beck is evil, they are acts that draw pretty much the same fans

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement