Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

everlast75 wrote: »
    JD is my one true friend :cool:

PS - to those that are looking to bring in some non-alcoholic drinks into the arena area, Eddie Rockets are giving out capri-sun type screw top drinky things that can hold quite a bit of liquid...

Jack is great, but I want to remember parts of the festival.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Poritishead on the main stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Tyskie was a warm beer i found ok to drink and it's a rather decent strength too

Usually have a few cans but generally stick to the captain Morgans or wine for the weekend

It's my preference and it also saves on weight getting to the campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Catmologen wrote: »
    They are headliners, where else would they go?

-=al=- wrote: »
    Tyskie was a warm beer i found ok to drink and it's a rather decent strength too

Usually have a few cans but generally stick to the captain Morgans or wine for the weekend

It's my preference and it also saves on weight getting to the campsite

Do you put the wine into plastic bottles and then bring them into the campsite with you? Does it not go flat real quick or do you keep the glass bottles in the car and take them as you need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

They're festival headliners, what did you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MattD wrote: »
    It's actually ridiculous that IT obviously has a stage and day breakdown handy and we're here licking up any scraps of info we can dig up from the artists Facebook page/ the radio/ tea leaves... There was certainly a day breakdown of the big artists at this point last year as well as the confirmation of them doing the scaled back Friday which we still don't have for this year either.

Yea sure you don't just print tens of thousands of lanyards on the Friday morning, you would imagine the printers already have / or will have shortly, the completed art work with times?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Duff wrote: »
    Do you put the wine into plastic bottles and then bring them into the campsite with you? Does it not go flat real quick or do you keep the glass bottles in the car and take them as you need?

Flat wine? Only sparkling wine will go flat if you transfer it to another container.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

wine boxes darlinks..wine boxes.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Flat wine? Only sparkling wine will go flat if you transfer it to another container.

Thats what I was thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Anybody any experience of Quiet Camping there?
    Have been in Family Camping 4-5 times with three kids. Trying to exchange weekend tickets for family camping at the moment with no response from EP, was thinking of quiet camping area if we couldn't exchange as Jimi Hendrix with the kids doesn't appeal to me having been in JH a few times myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Dowdy wrote: »
    Some details in today's Times about which bands are playing which stages on what days, in this article listing the "must-sees", some of which are, frankly, "must-avoids": http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/ten-must-sees-for-electric-picnic-2014-1.1903789

Oddly, it lists Beck as playing the main stage on Sunday, and Portishead on Saturday, which would presumably mean Outkast are on the Friday after Blondie and PSB..? Which means The Minutes don't know what they're on about. I'm confused.

Hope to **** Beck doesn't clash with Mogwai now...

perhaps Beck is on before Outkast on the main stage on Sunday?
    last year Bjork (headliner) was on the Saturday from 9pm-10:10pm, and Two Door Cinema Club were on after her from 10:40pm-midnight.

say Beck Beck 8:30-9:45, Outkast 10:30-midnight?

that would tie-in with The Minutes being on last on Sunday and clashing with Outkast.

with that list only having 2 acts on Friday, and both on the main stage, i'd say that's another indication that it will be a cut-back Friday schedule too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I'm sure it was probably asked before but tis a big thread to search through.

Regarding Pink Moon camping, how does access to that site work do you get passes based on the tent size i.e. 4 man tent get 4 passes or can you get more if you for example decide you'll sleep 6 in the tent cause its big enough anyway.

oh, and Buffalo Sunn are playing the Little Big Tent in that list, and are very non-dancey, so i guess that like last year, the LBT is firmly no longer a dance/electronic tent, and just a bit of a mix really.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

BadTurtle wrote: »
    It's still a dreadful idea having a subtle downtempo act in a big, wide-open field.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Tree Scape wrote: »
    Anybody any experience of Quiet Camping there?
    Have been in Family Camping 4-5 times with three kids. Trying to exchange weekend tickets for family camping at the moment with no response from EP, was thinking of quiet camping area if we couldn't exchange as Jimi Hendrix with the kids doesn't appeal to me having been in JH a few times myself.

Family campsite is sold out, and I doubt you'd be allowed to bring kids into one of the other campsites, that's if you'd even want to.

PadraigOK wrote: »
    They are headliners, where else would they go?

Plenty of headliners have gone to the electric arena over the years. They are more suited to an indoor stage.

perhaps Beck is on before Outkast on the main stage on Sunday?
    last year Bjork (headliner) was on the Saturday from 9pm-10:10pm, and Two Door Cinema Club were on after her from 10:40pm-midnight.

say Beck Beck 8:30-9:45, Outkast 10:30-midnight?

that would tie-in with The Minutes being on last on Sunday and clashing with Outkast.

with that list only having 2 acts on Friday, and both on the main stage, i'd say that's another indication that it will be a cut-back Friday schedule too.
    Well that would completely scupper my plans, would be a herculean task of catching half sets by St Vincent/Beck and Outkast/Mogwai. Having caught PSB before I reckon my Fri evening will be spent in B&S - Tune-Yards, Young Fathers and Girl Band.

Plenty of headliners have gone to the electric arena over the years. They are more suited to an indoor stage.
    I can't think of any in recent times, especially one of the big three.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

It's still a dreadful idea having a subtle downtempo act in a big, wide-open field.

Been lucky enough to have seen them and can assure you they are not as shoe-gazing as MBV last year. They have multiple influences with trip-hop elements and great guitar breaks. Give them ago, I assure you, you will not be disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

wine boxes darlinks..wine boxes.

Can't believe i didn't think of this, i tip my cap to you sir

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

cruizer101 wrote: »
    I'm sure it was probably asked before but tis a big thread to search through.

Regarding Pink Moon camping, how does access to that site work do you get passes based on the tent size i.e. 4 man tent get 4 passes or can you get more if you for example decide you'll sleep 6 in the tent cause its big enough anyway.

You'll only get 4 passes.
    You will only be issued with sufficient Pink Moon Camping wristbands for the maximum occupancy

of your tent. Please do not arrive expecting to squeeze more people into your tent, as we are not

able to accommodate additional guests. Likewise if you have friends who are staying on the main

festival site they will not be able to visit you in Pink Moon Camping.

BadTurtle wrote: »

Them on an indoor stage, the clue was in my sad smiley face. Icons such as these are used to express sadness or disappointment when expectations or hopes fail to manifest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I think at long last I have finally 'got' the beauty behind Portishead. The Rip and Machine Gun are cracking tunes along with most of Dummy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10608564_10204550544944375_9153081299149632374_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

They seemed to manage ok at Glastonbury last year in a big, wide-open field.

I can't think of any in recent times, especially one of the big three.

Do more research. One of this years headliners played in a tent one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Friends with a lad on Facebook who is part of the casa bacardi team, building is well and truly under way there today judging by the picture just posted now :)

Well that would completely scupper my plans, would be a herculean task of catching half sets by St Vincent/Beck and Outkast/Mogwai. Having caught PSB before I reckon my Fri evening will be spent in B&S - Tune-Yards, Young Fathers and Girl Band.
    i really dislike PSB (Tennant's voice just goes through me), and Blondie live these days seems like your mother singing at a wedding, so i'll be spending the evening in B&S too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Subtle? Downtempo? Field?

Did you see their set from Glastonbury last year? That was at an outdoor stage and they were absolutely savage. Much of it was downtempo but intense as hell (I can only imagine how spinetingling it would be in person), but there were a few killer tracks too that rocked the **** out of it, like Machine Gun, featuring a giant evil Tony Blair with lasers shooting from his eyes over the crowd, and their extended closer, We Carry On:

http://youtu.be/KSxGy31ngAg?t=25m30s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement