Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

How prevalent is the drug taking at EP?

....not a cop
    Fairly prevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Hmm... hard to know what to say about that on a public forum!

I'll say this at least, in my experience (I've been to every EP), if you've a small amount and you're nice and respectful and polite to the guards, you'll most likely be fine. If you've a large amount or if you're being a dick, you'll be arrested.

If you can manage to be nice and respectful and polite to everyone, including guards, security, staff, and fellow campers, you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Dominya wrote: »
    Easy to score if you neglected to bring your own?
    Not really supposed to talk about this sort of thing in depth. But I mean, it's a festival, not mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

Not really supposed to talk about this sort of thing in depth. But I mean, it's a festival, not mass.

Yup, realised that after I posted and then Bootsy kinda answered it anyway.

Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Would the middle of a loaf of bread be checked for instance upon search haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Would the middle of a loaf of bread be checked for instance upon search haha

I've baked a shank into a cake so i can win last man standing in the moshpit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Meathlass wrote: »
    Friday evening - Phil Cawley!!!!

Seriously, that was the announcement

Well, the did say a big DJ and he certainly f**king qualifies...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Laziest DJ in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

everlast75 wrote: »
    Well, the did say a big DJ and he certainly f**king qualifies...

Yesss!! Can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

Dowdy wrote: »
    Garth Brooks would actually have been better.

Amanda Brunker would have been better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Not a fan of weather forecast beyond x3 or so days, but it's looking a big ****e isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hugeglobe

Amanda Brunker would have been better.

She certainly stole the show at oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Not a fan of weather forecast beyond x3 or so days, but it's looking a big ****e isn't it?

Me neither, but that said weather.com tends be be decent enough, as in, it gets it right most of the time.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/EIXX5372

I'd take that tbh

Meathlass wrote: »
    Friday evening - Phil Cawley!!!!

Seriously, that was the announcement

Coming into this late! (Actually had to do some work :( this afternoon )
    Phil 'one deck' Cawley are you effin kidding!! One deck is actually a complement, does he even have a deck! more like play pre arranged songs from a hard drive! Telling everyone how good they while spoiling each song!
    FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The other problem is that if it rains a load before hand the ground will be in ****e

BD when are you on site? Don't forget to take few 'Snapps'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

Is there no daily breakdown anywhere yet?

Been humming and hawing as I have early bird tickets but we have major deadline at work on 2nd but told my boss i had tickets and he reckons ill be grand to go. Yoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Which is the closest car park to Oscar Wilde lads? First time driving down and never paid attention before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Duff wrote: »
    Which is the closest car park to Oscar Wilde lads? First time driving down and never paid attention before.

From studying last years map you have to get on the Abbeyleix road to access it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Duff wrote: »

Same car parks as most everyone else really. Abbeyleix road, where all the cars will be directed, and then Wilde is the first campsite you'll get to after the entrance. Handiest site for walking to really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

If you were arrested, I assume a small amount would mean details taken and a court date as opposed to being brought to the station etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is it fairly easy to get a taxi to pick you up from EP in the early hours of the morning? (4/5am?) Assuming they would work all hours with the business they would get?

Yeah you'll have no problems. I live near Stradbally and every morning I roll out of there around that time to get a taxi home. There's always someone around. In fact, I once flagged a guy who had driven down from Dublin for the business. That's not allowed, but they do it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Just to update you all on the alcohol front, I've decided to go with a 3ltr wine box from Tesco, a 70cl of JD and 24 cans and of course the obligatory emergency bottle of Buckfast in the car boot.

This time next week I'll be moonwalking into the robot left, right and centre. Can't feckin' wait, lads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

they're all lined up on stradbally here:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=53.019069,-7.154896&ll=53.018991,-7.154632&spn=0.010481,0.066047&num=1&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=53.019002,-7.154627&panoid=VHQTq9R8nLtZoWDvCyPbkg&cbp=11,133.74,,0,-0.7

i had loads of numbers of stradbally and portloiase taxis in my phone but i've never needed them in the past two years, no matter what time i came out of the arena. always some cars there.

i was around stradbally today, little big stage appears to be up but nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Has anyone been keeping up with how Outkasts live performances have been going? I know they started off a bit hit and miss at the start of the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    BD when are you on site? Don't forget to take few 'Snapps'

I will be arriving Sunday afternoon prefest, but won't be online until I get back from EP, will upload plenty of pictures though will be taking two cameras with me.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

they looked great at Lollapalooza in early August. wayyy better than coachella.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI-wjeoPVdk

note that they played identical setlists at every show.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Francis H Murphy

Is there free movement between the camp sites and the caravan/camper van site ?
    I want to meet up with a friend bringing a camper van
    Do you have to have any special wristbands for the camper van site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

they looked great at Lollapalooza in early August. wayyy better than coachella.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI-wjeoPVdk

note that they played identical setlists at every show.

Yeah I made a spotify playlist of their setlist so I know all the songs, did the same for Portishead, as wouldn't have listened to them prior to the announcement. Best way to enjoy them live imo as I'll know all the songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mr.S wrote: »
    Hit or miss, i know someone who was brought to court over 1 pill, while another who was just slapped on the wrist for having 5.

That said, there is tons of (hard) drugs at EP.

---

Is it fairly easy to get a taxi to pick you up from EP in the early hours of the morning? (4/5am?) Assuming they would work all hours with the business they would get?

Just jot down a few Portlaoise / Stradbally taxi phone numbers, that should be grand.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement