Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

they looked great at Lollapalooza in early August. wayyy better than coachella.

note that they played identical setlists at every show.

Not flicked through the vid yet, but do they play "2 Dopeboyz in a cadillac"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Dominya wrote: »
    Not flicked through the vid yet, but do they play "2 Dopeboyz in a cadillac"?

No :( That and Return of the G are two of my favourites and all :mad:

Amen to that. I love hiphop, used to love outkast, but you know, artists change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Yeah I'm a fan of OutKast, Portishead and Beck but there are always one or two tracks in the set you won't know so I made playlists for them on my phone.
    Slowdive, Bombay Bicycle Club, Hozier, St Vincent, FKA Twigs and Metronomy too.

Amen to that. I love hiphop, used to love outkast, but you know, artists change.

Some questionable choices in the set alright, like Prototype, Hey Ya, She Lives in My Lap just don't like at all, not a big fan of Speakerboxx/Love Below. Wish it was more based around Atliens, Aquemini, Stankonia. But oh well, I shan't complain too much, it will be great to see them!

But still...

Just 2 dope boys in a Cadillac :cool:

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Yeah I'm a fan of OutKast, Portishead and Beck but there are always one or two tracks in the set you won't know so I made playlists for them on my phone.
    Slowdive, Bombay Bicycle Club, Hozier, St Vincent, FKA Twigs and Metronomy too.

For me the main focus is SBTRKT, Reid, Flume, Pleasurekraft. Least I know they'll play stuff I like.

Was just flicking through that vid, their live version of Ms Jackson is dire =(

Some questionable choices in the set alright, like Prototype, Hey Ya, She Lives in My Lap just don't like at all, not a big fan of Speakerboxx/Love Below. Wish it was more based around Atliens, Aquemini, Stankonia. But oh well, I shan't complain too much, it will be great to see them!

But still...

Lol @ Hey Ya being a questionable choice. Their biggest hit by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

When is the MAP out???

Well Ok, that's not a questionable choice I was wrong there, I just don't like it. :pac: I prefer they're earlier stuff I guess.

I think they meant questionable in regards to their older stuff, as in, what we were talking about.

• Advertisement

But still...

Yeah man, I would love to hear that one track live, but hey, c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

For me the main focus is SBTRKT, Reid, Flume, Pleasurekraft. Least I know they'll play stuff I like.

Was just flicking through that vid, their live version of Ms Jackson is dire =(

+1

Add Rustie and Kaytranada and you have my electronic must see list.

+1

Not familiar with Rustie and Kaytranada. Got links? Recommendations? I'm there for the electronic stuff man, I'd hate to miss anything worth seeing because of ignorance.

I love hiphop too, but doesn't seem to be much of that this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Player's Ball is my favourite, they dropped it for a few gigs but it seems to be back in for good now, so hopefully it'll be there next weekend

+1

You know what? Ignore the Rustie comment. I've only just realised who he is, I know so many tracks but never ever paid attention to the artist.

Player's Ball is my favourite, they dropped it for a few gigs but it seems to be back in for good now, so hopefully it'll be there next weekend

A Life in the Day of Andre Benjamin, Ghettomusick and Return of the G would be mine. Though I also wanted to see Shutterbugg

You know what? Ignore the Rustie comment. I've only just realised who he is, I know so many tracks but never ever paid attention to the artist.

Kaytranada does some great remixes IMO, very fluid DJ. Look up his boiler room sets if you want, but the great thing about electronic music is you'll get into it even if (especially if?) you've never heard it before. Keep an eye out for shit robot as well.

Not familiar with Rustie and Kaytranada. Got links? Recommendations? I'm there for the electronic stuff man, I'd hate to miss anything worth seeing because of ignorance.

I love hiphop too, but doesn't seem to be much of that this year.

Kaytranada does some great remixes IMO, very fluid DJ. Look up his boiler room sets if you want, but the great thing about electronic music is you'll get into it even if (especially if?) you've never heard it before. Keep an eye out for shit robot as well.

You're right, "especially if" applies to anyone seriously into their electronic music. You seem pretty into it yourself. Ever checked out plug.dj?

A Life in the Day of Andre Benjamin, Ghettomusick and Return of the G would be mine. Though I also wanted to see Shutterbugg

A Life in the Day would be amazing, that is one amazing track. They are doing Players Ball, Hootie Hoo and Southerplayalistica which is pretty sweet from that album. Da Art of Storytellin is up there for me too, to be fair thinking about it it's not a bad set at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

Sbtrkt
    Flume
    Bicep
    Kaytranada
    Krystal Klear
    Rustie
    Boddika
    Joy Orbison
    Ejeca
    Pleasurekraft
    Jonas Rathsman

..g'luck

SBTRKT seem pretty good live. I can't post links but google "SBTRKT live reading empire". First link should be them playing "hold on" live. Seriously good.

Anyone seen 'em live before?

You're right, "especially if" applies to anyone seriously into their electronic music. You seem pretty into it yourself. Ever checked out plug.dj?

I'm aware of it but never really got around to making an account, is it worth it? Seems like a good alternative to all of those FB music share groups.

I'm aware of it but never really got around to making an account, is it worth it? Seems like a good alternative to all of those FB music share groups.

Dude, definitely worth it. I literally have the one channel playing all day because the music is that good. 75% of the time it's new and worth listening to, 20% of the time it's stuff you've heard but it's still good so who cares, 5% it's trolls who get insta banned.

The room I live in is plug.dj/the-underground
    Great tunes, great "banter"

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

https://soundcloud.com/sbtrkt

Some songs just added off his new album there

More than likely gonna be blasting them out next weekend along with the classics

Some songs just added off his new album there

More than likely gonna be blasting them out next weekend along with the classics

Never heard those first 2 tracks. My immediate reaction was "wtf is this!?"

Dude, definitely worth it. I literally have the one channel playing all day because the music is that good. 75% of the time it's new and worth listening to, 20% of the time it's stuff you've heard but it's still good so who cares, 5% it's trolls who get insta banned.

The room I live in is plug.dj/the-underground
    Great tunes, great "banter"

Nice one i'll get on it tomorrow, site seems to be down now.

I think we'll miss Ben Klock this time around, he was immense last year. I just hope they release the times on the Thursday at the latest and not the Friday so you have a bit of time to plan it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

No more word on London Grammar?

I'm really hoping they make it, after the recent cancellations..

I've only a few 100% drop everything else that's happening must sees, and they're one of them..

Would be p'd off if they pulled out.

New Dorp New York is quality, Ezra is the man.

• Advertisement

Listening to Rusties newest atm and Attak just makes me want to rave like a mad man. :o Gunna lose my sh*t for that track. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement