Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

Nice one i'll get on it tomorrow, site seems to be down now.

I think we'll miss Ben Klock this time around, he was immense last year. I just hope they release the times on the Thursday at the latest and not the Friday so you have a bit of time to plan it all out.

Yeah they're going through a site "update". The devs are morons but when it works, it works well. I've seen videos of Ben Klock last year, truth be told they're what made me want to go this year. Was his set good?

BadTurtle wrote: »
    New Dorp New York is quality, Ezra is the man.
    Listening to Rusties newest atm and Attak just makes me want to rave like a mad man. :o Gunna lose my sh*t for that track. :D

We may start a boards.ie rave party :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Dominya wrote: »
    Yeah they're going through a site "update". The devs are morons but when it works, it works well. I've seen videos of Ben Klock last year, truth be told they're what made me want to go this year. Was his set good?

Thought he was very good but I saw him before that in the twisted pepper as well and he was ****ing class that night. When he dropped digeridoo i nearly exploded.

Rave in the woods is the place to be late on if you've never been to EP before, just amazing fun. You could easily spend the night in there though so make sure you get to the stuff you want to see first!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

We may start a boards.ie rave party :P

Haha yea everyone just keep shouting "BOARDS!" until the ravers unite

Thought he was very good but I saw him before that in the twisted pepper as well and he was ****ing class that night. When he dropped digeridoo i nearly exploded.

Rave in the woods is the place to be late on if you've never been to EP before, just amazing fun. You could easily spend the night in there though so make sure you get to the stuff you want to see first!

Yeah from what I've seen, Rave in the woods is where I'm gonna be for most of it!

• Advertisement

Creeby wrote: »
    Haha yea everyone just keep shouting "BOARDS!" until the ravers unite

Actually not a bad idea hahahaha. At least we'll find some like minded people :P

Actually not a bad idea hahahaha. At least we'll find some like minded people :P

People will more than likely just think you're off your head but I'll be there shouting it proud!

Creeby wrote: »
    People will more than likely just think you're off your head but I'll be there shouting it proud!

Ah sure, it's a festival so that was implied anyway. Definitely gonna roar "boards.ie" every now and again to see if anyone cops it hahahah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Listening to Rusties newest atm and Attak just makes me want to rave like a mad man. :o Gunna lose my sh*t for that track. :D

That, Raptor and Velcro are fantastic songs. Not too gone on the rest of Green Language though. Might be a grower, but was hoping it would be banger after banger, like Glass Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

rustie in melbourne looks class
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdwFbRzH5dM

not sure if i posted this already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

On an electronic tip I'd highly recommend catching TR-One on the Saturday night. Detroit influenced techno performed fully live on analogue hardware by two lads from Carlow. I've seen them do the live show a couple of times and they've always been top notch. They're headlining the Upstage in Body and Soul and I'd expect it to go off big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So on that note, is there ever a Boardsie meet up? I know eFests organise a few at Glasto that have been good craic.

Maybe early evening on the Friday so as not to clash with anything. Then you have familiar faces to nod at over the weekend or go raving with. :D

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So on that note, is there ever a Boardsie meet up? I know eFests organise a few at Glasto that have been good craic.

Maybe early evening on the Friday so as not to clash with anything. Then you have familiar faces to nod at over the weekend or go raving with. :D

This is a seriously good idea. I'd be down for that.

This is a seriously good idea. I'd be down for that.

me too!!!! So how about we arrange something and then let it grow from that? I'm thinking somewhere at about 5pm on the Friday, so as not to clash with much?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

me too!!!! So how about we arrange something and then let it grow from that? I'm thinking somewhere at about 5pm on the Friday, so as not to clash with much?

There has been a couple of boards meetup at primavera. Actually have made some good mates with some. Count me in

This has to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

garrkell wrote: »
    Basement Jaxx have an album released today and are just about to start a huge UK tour in Nov/Dec. could easily see a DJ set by them

That would be all my Christmases at once if they played. I would be so excited.

I brought my 8 year old last year to the Rave in the Woods about 8/9ish - really early before any of madness began. Only about 40 people in the whole place including bouncers. She was fascinated by the music, & lights, & strobe lights.

One of the coffee shops in B & S maybe.... Or maybe Hot Press. How about in Trenchtown, at the bar there.

Yeah **** it man, might as well try. I'll be with a group of friends but I don't see them partying to EDM (hate that term but you know what I mean) until 4am.

Yeah from what I've seen, Rave in the woods is where I'm gonna be for most of it!

Rave in the woods is definitely my favourite place, except when its 3 in the morning and you need the loo. Can never find a portaloo,. Boys are so lucky

Yay, so do ye think its needs a separate thread? Or shall we just name a bar for 5pm on Friday and go with that?

• Advertisement

Rave in the woods is definitely my favourite place, except when its 3 in the morning and you need the loo. Can never find a portaloo,. Boys are so lucky

The planet is our urinal!
    Yay, so do ye think its needs a separate thread? Or shall we just name a bar for 5pm on Friday and go with that?

Whatever you guys think best. I'll do my best to be there.

p.s, I have a friend with me that I met from efests at Glasto and his first time in Ireland so he will be up for this as well. :D

The planet is our urinal!

Whatever you guys think best. I'll do my best to be there.

Reckon pick a bar area say up by the salty dog, usually quiet and people can bring their cans there, meet up say hello and Bingo! You now know loads more people to bump into over the weekend

Ok, well honesty here, never been to EP so no idea of the bars or where would be best to meet, so will take suggestions and be there with a carnation in my lapel or something. :D

Reckon pick a bar area say up by the salty dog, usually quiet and people can bring their cans there, meet up say hello and Bingo! You now know loads more people to bump into over the weekend

^^^This. We don't need to hang out all weekend, just some familiar faces to chill with should we need to
    Ok, well honesty here, never been to EP so no idea of the bars or where would be best to meet, so will take suggestions and be there with a carnation in my lapel or something. :D

Same here dude,going with a group of friends but I don't see them raving till 4am

Love it, cos I like to go off bymyself for rambles. :D

p.s, I have a friend with me that I met from efests at Glasto and his first time in Ireland so he will be up for this as well. :D

Really? I have a friend from Primavera who's coming from the US for his first Irish festival. Convinced him to come to EP instead of The End of The Road festival in the UK before he goes home from his euro-hols

ps, Not a dude! A bonafide 100% woman person.

Love it, cos I like to go off bymyself for rambles. :D

Same as. Anyone interested in being a baby sitter for the weekend? I tend to get lost a lot :P

• Advertisement

ps, Not a dude! A bonafide 100% woman person.

Relax, most people use "dude" regardless of gender =)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement