Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Dominya wrote: »
    Same as. Anyone interested in being a baby sitter for the weekend? I tend to get lost a lot :P

Getting lost is the best part but if you're looking for a partner in crime................

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Not that I think much will have changed but when do people think the Map will be released?? what day did they release it last year?

Relax, most people use "dude" regardless of gender =)

Aye but used to get into lots of crap for saying alright lads in the uk. The girls were all like, eh, we're ladies.
    Yeah, as if. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Getting lost is the best part but if you're looking for a partner in crime................

**** it, lets all get lost. A pack of raving lunatics just wandering around sounds awesome

Aye but used to get into lots of crap for saying alright lads in the uk. The girls were all like, eh, we're ladies.
    Yeah, as if. Lol

Ah right, I get ya. UK gals aint as progressive and cool as us Paddies ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Meet up sounds good. Finalise this Thursday maybe?

So! Boardsie meet up, salty dog area at 5pm? I'll have Gin!

**** it. Why not. I'll bring Mary.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Meet up sounds good. Finalise this Thursday maybe?

Maybe just pick a spot for 5pm on Friday cos not everyone will be checking in on thursday evening. The longer the arrangement then people are aware??
    But obviously confirm on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Well thats that sorted :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

How will we know who everyone is ha

On another note after watching some of the coverage of Reading/Leeds on BBC i know have Drenge on my want to see list

I'm quite buzzed about this cos have spent months on the countdown with all you lovely peeps and will be funny to see if we have the same arguments about whats hot and whats not. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

**** it. Why not. I'll bring Mary.

I'll bring some Jaffa cakes so!

How will we know who everyone is ha

On another note after watching some of the coverage of Reading/Leeds on BBC i know have Drenge on my want to see list

Well, I'll post a picture of the hat I'll be wearing??? And no I'm not a festi hat wearer, I wear hats all the time. :P

Well, I'm going to wear a t-shirt with my username on the back. Have had it for a few years.
    So, if you see "Dominya" in white caps on the back of someone it's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

This meet up is a great idea! I'll be the fool swillin' JD and talking a hole in the wall.

So me and Dominya will be there with our hat and tshirt for id purposes. :D

So, how big is Salty Dog? Do we need to arrange to meet in a specific area or are we good arranging to meet "at salty dog"?

So me and Dominya will be there with our hat and tshirt for id purposes. :D

And if you see me (assuming I don;t make the meet up time) you better come say hello!

And if you see me (assuming I don;t make the meet up time) you better come say hello!

You as vice president of the EP Boardsie meet up have to be there! Its the law...... kind of

this is boards, they might want your meat. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Ooooh can I come too? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

According to that Irish Times link earlier FKA Twigs is in Little Big Tent.
    Have a feeling that's going to be rammed!

So, how big is Salty Dog? Do we need to arrange to meet in a specific area or are we good arranging to meet "at salty dog"?

Its not big really, itsva wooden fishing boat dumped in a small wood clearing. Theres a bar on the right of the stage that we could meey around. That time of day it will be pretty empty. Also its not classed as main arena -its within the camp site grounds- its ok to bring your own beers

dmm82 wrote: »
    Ooooh can I come too? :)

eh, of course, you're a boardsie!:D
    Its not big really, itsva wooden fishing boat dumped in a small wood clearing. Theres a bar on the right of the stage that we could meey around. That time of day it will be pretty empty. Also its not classed as main arena -its within the camp site grounds- its ok to bring your own beers

Sold! Nice one Beansy. You're head of the social committee! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I may go for a look but as I'm going with my mates from College who I haven't seen all summer so I'll probs be smoked out of it but I'll try attend :P

eh, of course, you're a boardsie!:D

Sold! Nice one Beansy. You're head of the social committee! ;)

Thats always my role in any group!

Right so, Boardsie meet up, 5pm on Friday at Salty dog to the right of the stage! Sorted! Be there or be .......

We even had tshirts sorted for the glasto meet up. I might just wear my NFR NFC bright yellow T shirt so I can be spotted along with my funky hat thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Im up for this. Il bring a few mates. But ya dont have to talk to them cause there not on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Good news Folks!!! MT CRANIUM over on the weather boards has said this : "OUTLOOK ... At this point the outlook has improved for the end of the week and the following weekend, probably because models have slowed the progress of what is expected to become tropical storm Cristobal. That may take quite some time to reach even the central Atlantic if it makes the turn near Florida early next week. Then it may reach Ireland in much weakened form if at all by the middle of the following week."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 redser77

:):):)

That would explain the change to the change overnight of the Stradbally weather on weatheroutlook.com from some rain to having decent weather.

I've been told by both boating and photography enthusiasts that this is a very reliable site so I've been checking it twice a day for the last few days

(It's a UK site so just look for the international weather & select Ireland. Stradbally is listed among the towns - am not able to post the link)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement