Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

If one is camping in Wilde, is there a shortcut to the arena through the woods around Trenchtown or Salty Dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

redser77 wrote: »
    :):):)

That would explain the change to the change overnight of the Stradbally weather on weatheroutlook.com from some rain to having decent weather.

I've been told by both boating and photography enthusiasts that this is a very reliable site so I've been checking it twice a day for the last few days

(It's a UK site so just look for the international weather & select Ireland. Stradbally is listed among the towns - am not able to post the link)

Photographer friend also recommended this site, link below

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoforecasts/forregdaily.aspx?lat_5=53&lon_5=-7&loc=int&name=Stradbally,Ireland,Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Mr.S wrote: »
    As long as it doesn't rain I shall be happy!
    I rckon there will be showers, but wind is the real enemy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Can ya bring cans of red bull in to the arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

You wouldn't know who to believe with regards the weather.
    According to this forecast, it looks mixed.

• Advertisement

Decided to splash out on the picnic off licence beer. Im justifying it as I did not need to buy any replacement camping kit this year but really, its cos i can't be arsed carrying 2 slabs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Sorry I know this has prob been asked a dozen times but can you bring bottles of wine into the campsite ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Sorry I know this has prob been asked a dozen times but can you bring bottles of wine into the campsite ? Thanks

No glass! Bring cartons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Right so, Boardsie meet up, 5pm on Friday at Salty dog to the right of the stage! Sorted! Be there or be .......

Does this mean we are not going to throw piss bags at Phil Cawley? Or can we still fit that in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I remember watching Outkast's first show at Coachella and thinking they looked a bit ropey, probably didn't help that the crowd were like statues. They're looking far more on the ball now after a string of shows behind them, can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Jello wrote: »
    I remember watching Outkast's first show at Coachella and thinking they looked a bit ropey, probably didn't help that the crowd were like statues. They're looking far more on the ball now after a string of shows behind them, can't wait!

One of my all time favourite groups, cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

B.O.B is going to be loose! What an opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

pmalone wrote: »
    Does this mean we are not going to throw piss bags at Phil Cawley? Or can we still fit that in?

Organised píss up and píss throwing! I like it! :D

Think he starts at 6pm so the boards meet up is the pre Phil Cawley demonstration meet up. Please provide your own pee and container. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

nooooooooooo :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tesco have

12 Tuborg for €12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Now that's an offer I could get on board with.

****ing Iceland and their eruptions. That's all they do, alternative music and airline disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Not much more progress on the clashfinder..

Jerry Fish's timetable is up, if anyone has editing rights and fancies filling it in

(I'm not sure if it's only the person who set it up who can do this?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Not much more progress on the clashfinder..

Jerry Fish's timetable is up, if anyone has editing rights and fancies filling it in

(I'm not sure if it's only the person who set it up who can do this?)

Anyone can edit it. I did a bit yesterday but I won't have time the next few days to keep on top of it. It was set for edit by anyone.

I find the best way to edit is to export as excel, paste that into excel, do your editing in excel and then import it back all back in ticking the boxes for overwrite everything and acts after midnight appear on the previous day. YMMV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anyone can edit it. I did a bit yesterday but I won't have time the next few days to keep on top of it. It was set for edit by anyone.

I find the best way to edit is to export as excel, paste that into excel, do your editing in excel and then import it back all back in ticking the boxes for overwrite everything and acts after midnight appear on the previous day. YMMV.

Just tried to import it to LibreOffice (don't have excel), but it looks crazy and I wouldn't have a notion of how to add stages etc... think I'll have to leave it to someone a little less technically challenged :o

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

My bags are packed.

10568885_10201358008190620_9161382754736023300_n.jpg?oh=8b69a99493bd6377f3d48a7a9ca0f6a5&oe=5476B0F7&__gda__=1415622562_efd724f6c1116c2d262f38d81e32c285

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

16 x cans of carlsberg
    6 x 1.5 lt bottles of water
    2 x mixed nuts and fruit
    2 x misc breakfast bar type things
    2 x microfibre travel towels
    4 x bog roll
    Sleeping bag in car with travel blanket
    Moon chair in car
    All torches and lamps batteried up and spare batteries in car

Time to rock

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Is no-one going to add Phil Cawley to the clashfinder? I need to know when I should start saving up my piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

16 x cans of carlsberg

If only 16 were enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

16 x cans of carlsberg
    6 x 1.5 lt bottles of water
    2 x mixed nuts and fruit
    2 x misc breakfast bar type things
    2 x microfibre travel towels
    4 x bog roll
    Sleeping bag in car with travel blanket
    Moon chair in car
    All torches and lamps batteried up and spare batteries in car

Time to rock

Too much bog roll, not enough alcohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

16 sounds about right for me given that the bars are open late

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

For people looking for festival tips, heres mine - When you think you've packed enough socks, look at the amount you've packed and double it.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

Well listen to Mr. Laa-dee-daa with yer job and yer money and yer lack of a serious drinking problem! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

Ye could at least round it up to 24 for our sakes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement