Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Ladies of boards.ie. The Pamper Palace isnt going to be there this year. Now im no dolly bird but 3 days without a decent mirror, straighteners or hairdryer and I will be doing a pretty good Russell Brand impersonation.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Anyone seen the capri sun drinks with the screw tops around. They'll be handy for sneaking drink in down my jocks,if i can find them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Link for giglocker anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

centras and daybreaks tend to have them in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

wheres the MAP??

If its not out by Tuesday im rounding up a posse to march on Stradbally. Who's with me? Please bring own flaming torches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

isn't the map pretty much the same every year?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My local Euro2 shop had the pouch things you can buy for like 1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

My local Euro2 shop had the pouch things you can buy for like 1.50

Does it look like something that would be comfy snuck in my jocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Anyone seen the capri sun drinks with the screw tops around. They'll be handy for sneaking drink in down my jocks,if i can find them

Tescos have them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Em if you are man then it may look like you have a mangina but what are we too judge

frabz-manginas-manginas-everywhere-59aefb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Not knowing your jocks, I couldn't possibly say.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

We just got a box of them in Dunnes yesterday. Mighty job. Cheers to whoever it was that tipped us off to trick. Still got a load of freezerbags too though, for pissbag purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Draw in the semi final today could see a few tickets pop up on toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mulkabu

The Massive Attack rain. Dear god I had nearly forgottent hat. Packing all the rainproof gear now. They couldnt even light the burning tower! Or was that a different year with a rainpocalypse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Dowdy wrote: »
    We just got a box of them in Dunnes yesterday. Mighty job. Cheers to whoever it was that tipped us off to trick. Still got a load of freezerbags too though, for pissbag purposes.

You're obsessed with piss bags!! Do you really hate Phil Cauley that much?? ;)

But seriously piss bags for in the tent or in crowd? Tent would be messy, you could end up pissing everywhere!! What if you accidentally stood or sat on one?

isn't the map pretty much the same every year?

Should be, but it may change with the extra capacity this year. I'd imaging the fun fair will be removed from Hendrix to free up tent space? Possibly an extra camping field somewhere?

Fark off rain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

at least that's today

Ugh it's miserable out.
    Yed want a double layer tent if it's gonna be wet or else youl be soaked when ya wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    You're obsessed with piss bags!! Do you really hate Phil Cauley that much?? ;)

But seriously piss bags for in the tent or in crowd? Tent would be messy, you could end up pissing everywhere!! What if you accidentally stood or sat on one?

Tent. If it's lashing rain in the middle of the night/early morning and you're busting for a slash, the pissbag is the greatest thing ever. There's a risk of disaster but if you can maintain your balance and composure while squatting in the tent with your cock or fanny in the mouth of a rapidly filling plastic bag as the steam billows up into your face, you'll be grand.

It helps if you have a tent with a good big enclosed porch. You just have to store it away from tent edges where there's a risk of random drunken outsiders treading on your tent, and just bring it away to the fence or toilet in the morning to empty it and dispose of it in a bin.

Or save them to peg at Phil Cawley's fat head.

"I'd like to nominate Phil Cawley for the pissbag challenge..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Oh i'm saving mine for someone special!!!

Let's just say that if Stuart Clark, Hot Press is there, he'll be soon known as Stuart Clark, Hot P*ss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eoinbrett

Tree Scape wrote: »
    Anybody any experience of Quiet Camping there?
    Have been in Family Camping 4-5 times with three kids. Trying to exchange weekend tickets for family camping at the moment with no response from EP, was thinking of quiet camping area if we couldn't exchange as Jimi Hendrix with the kids doesn't appeal to me having been in JH a few times myself.

Hey Tree Scape,
    Sent you a PM there regarding swapping family tickets for general camping :)
    Thanks,
    Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Want to get into family camping but you don't have a child? Just tell them you're pregnant! If they say that doesn't count well then just get pro lifers on the case and they'll have you swanning around the family campsite in no time!

*if you're a man this may not work unless some cunning cross dressing is involved

I find this site to be very accurate, it doesn't tell you allot in terms of temp, but its generated from the same computers/data meteorologists use.

Obviously bars close together and any sort of colour over Ireland is bad/rain/wind:mad:, no iso bars near us = good.:)

http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=natlantic

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

I find this site to be very accurate, it doesn't tell you allot in terms of temp, but its generated from the same computers/data meteorologists use.

Obviously bars close together and any sort of colour over Ireland is bad/rain/wind:mad:, no iso bars near us = good.:)

http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=natlantic

Looking like a shocker for Friday??? I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Should be, but it may change with the extra capacity this year. I'd imaging the fun fair will be removed from Hendrix to free up tent space? Possibly an extra camping field somewhere?
    there's 2 family camp sites this year according to Ticketmaster, so i'd imagine there'll be a little bit of change, although can't imagine the stages/main campsites will be much different.

wouldn't be surprised if the campervan site was moved and that space was used as extra general campsite, like it used to be when it was the Chaplin campsite:
    http://tenacioustimothy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ep2009camping3.jpg

Lads is Oscar Wilde the mad place beside salty dog? And is jimmy the one be side the Ferris wheel???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Trying to figure out what cans of beer to pick up for this. Anyone got any hot tips on nice canned beer apart from the usual pish, the selection of canned beers in Irish off licenses is generally fairly poor. Are any of the Lidl/ Aldi beers worth trying?

Been down the Offy there and limited to the likes of Zywiec, Karpackie, Tyskie, Lech (in addition to the usual Carlsberg's etc.). Lech or Tyskie is looking like the best of a bad bunch at the minute.

there's 2 family camp sites this year according to Ticketmaster, so i'd imagine there'll be a little bit of change, although can't imagine the stages/main campsites will be much different.

wouldn't be surprised if the campervan site was moved and that space was used as extra general campsite, like it used to be when it was the Chaplin campsite:
    http://tenacioustimothy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ep2009camping3.jpg

Didn't experience it first hand but allot saying they felt the family areas were neglected last year, is this a revamp?
    Not allot of scope to change the main arena, surely the camper vans couldn't be pushed any further away?

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    Trying to figure out what cans of beer to pick up for this. Anyone got any hot tips on nice canned beer apart from the usual pish, the selection of canned beers in Irish off licenses is generally fairly poor. Are any of the Lidl/ Aldi beers worth trying?

Been down the Offy there and limited to the likes of Zywiec, Karpackie, Tyskie, Lech (in addition to the usual Carlsberg's etc.). Lech or Tyskie is looking like the best of a bad bunch at the minute.

Carlsberg is a good all rounder, cheap, not too bad room temp and leaves a relatively clear head! I find Heineken to be the roughest of the lot!! serious banging head the next day, even say after drinking 3-4 cans at home, banging!!:( never mind full EP lash!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement