Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Question, the wife can't drink beer to save her life and we are racking our brains thinking if how to bring her wine in for the weekend, any suggestions much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Question, the wife can't drink beer to save her life and we are racking our brains thinking if how to bring her wine in for the weekend, any suggestions much appreciated.

Cartons of wine in tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Hoping the funfair will be scrapped this year due to the increased capacity.

Started the packing today. Feeling very well prepared this year.

Not too worried about the rain, moreso the cold, even when it has been gorgeous during the day it still gets chilly around 11pm so I'm preparing for it to be way cooler at night this year, plenty of layers, nothing worse than a chill setting in and ruining your buzz.

Graham1978 wrote: »

I don't drink wine so I know nothing about it but couldn't you just put it in plastic bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Where? This is what I can see on their website:

they updated after i wrote the post as it said 11pm when i wrote it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Carlsberg is a good all rounder, cheap, not too bad room temp and leaves a relatively clear head! I find Heineken to be the roughest of the lot!! serious banging head the next day, even say after drinking 3-4 cans at home, banging!!:( never mind full EP lash!!

I'm the same, can't handle Heineken at all. Carlsberg used to be my beer of choice but I've since got tired of it and much prefer wheat beers these days which are nigh on impossible to get in a can. Carlsberg, Lech or Tyskie it is so to add to the bottle of Gordon's Gin I purchased today.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I don't drink wine so I know nothing about it but couldn't you just put it in plastic bottles?

Could do I suppose, just hope it won'take it taste rank... Us being the wine connoisseurs that we are LOL

Getting giddy now

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Terrible weather forecast just there on rte :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

If Garda smell weed are they allowed to search a person if they are smoking something suspicious looking or in the vicinity? Or do the usually just catch people by going undercover and asking people...."any xtc guys"?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

The rain in Dublin is brutal. Took the dog out and used it as an opportunity to test the integrity of the wellies & raincoat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Jordonvito wrote: »
    If Garda smell weed are they allowed to search a person if they are smoking something suspicious looking or in the vicinity? Or do the usually just catch people by going undercover and asking people...."any xtc guys"?

Lad if they searched everyone that smelt of weed they'd need t be about 19000 cops on duty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

The rain in Dublin is brutal. Took the dog out and used it as an opportunity to test the integrity of the wellies & raincoat.

LOL ! And, did it stand up ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

If you can at all make sure to bring something good and thick to go under your sleeping bag to keep the cold/damp/lumpy stones from keeping you awake.

Lad if they searched everyone that smelt of weed they'd need t be about 19000 cops on duty

I know yeah, just wondering what the crack is with them searching people like, are they at random or whats the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

fafy wrote: »
    LOL ! And, did it stand up ?

Pleased to say yes, I shall be adequately dressed for all weather circumstances, my dog, however, is traumatised and is now sulking.

I know yeah, just wondering what the crack is with them searching people like, are they at random or whats the story.

Just ignore anyone looking for anything off u! Be smart about it

Just ignore anyone looking for anything off u! Be smart about it

Thats the only way Iv heard off people been caught alright. Can a garda just stop you and search you or do they need cause, i really should know this haha

Thats the only way Iv heard off people been caught alright. Can a garda just stop you and search you or do they need cause, i really should know this haha

The gardai can just stop you and search you if they have a suspicion, for example, your jaws swinging in the wind or a whiff of weed, just be sensible about yourself and what you're up to. IME if you're not out to cause trouble and you're capable of walking and talking you're not going to be of much interest to the gardai. Just don't draw attention to yourself and don't be an idiot.

The gardai can just stop you and search you if they have a suspicion, for example, your jaws swinging in the wind or a whiff of weed, just be sensible about yourself and what you're up to. IME if you're not out to cause trouble and you're capable of walking and talking you're not going to be of much interest to the gardai. Just don't draw attention to yourself and don't be an idiot.

I will pass this advice onto my friend, thanks ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I will pass this advice onto my friend, thanks ha.

"Friend" ahaa! Totally getcha :) " just holding it for a friend" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

mulkabu wrote: »
    The Massive Attack rain. Dear god I had nearly forgottent hat. Packing all the rainproof gear now. They couldnt even light the burning tower! Or was that a different year with a rainpocalypse

That was the same year. That burning tower was amazing the Fri & Sat. I was camping about 30 feet from Salty Dog that year. Was crazy.

The Sunday night we seriously considered packing up and going about 1am but were so exhausted couldn't even think about packing tent. The rain was so heavy the tent slowly started leaking. We packed up at 5.30am and were one of the hoardes leaving exhausted and very, very wet.
    there's 2 family camp sites this year according to Ticketmaster, so i'd imagine there'll be a little bit of change, although can't imagine the stages/main campsites will be much different.

The second family campsite is basically the next field beside the original one.
    Lads is Oscar Wilde the mad place beside salty dog? And is jimmy the one be side the Ferris wheel???

Spot on. Jimi Hendrix is the one with the funfair. Absolutely and utterly crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

They'll be doing random searches on the way in. Have a hut over to the left of the entrance. Be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It's gonna piss rain isn't it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    That was the same year. That burning tower was amazing the Fri & Sat. I was camping about 30 feet from Salty Dog that year. Was crazy.

The Sunday night we seriously considered packing up and going about 1am but were so exhausted couldn't even think about packing tent. The rain was so heavy the tent slowly started leaking. We packed up at 5.30am and were one of the hoardes leaving exhausted and very, very wet.

Spot on. Jimi Hendrix is the one with the funfair. Absolutely and utterly crazy.

That was a rough one alright. I lost a phone that year. Didn't actually 'lose' it, but I was so completely soaked to the skin that I might as well have jumped into a lake. Absolutely saturated!

Tent was solid enough, despite being destroyed in mud. One pair of jeans though, not such a good plan!

Nothing like a fresh pair of socks in that situation. Socks, socks, and more socks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I've really been trying to save all the pennies for next weekend, but it's all kinda gone astray. Let's doo dis :)

Outkast, Beck, St. Vincent, Tune-Yards, Benjamin Booker, The Wailers, Chic, Blondie, Mogwai, Hercules & Love Affair, White Denim, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Portishead, Omar Soulyman, Joy Orbison, Dmitri From Paris, Annie Mac, Nenah Cherry, Jungle, Booka Brass Band, Kelis, Le Galaxie, Sinead O'Connor, Cathy Davy, Dublin Afrobeat Ensemble, Will Softly, Body & Soul, The Rave in the Woods, aaaaaand Swissy, The Kilo 1977, and mutha****in' RSAG!

I am literally like a child at Christmas with the excitement!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

This morning's forecast looks a lot better than the outlook yesterday!

They're now saying the weekend will be mainly dry, with Friday the worst day.
    Seems to be less rain predicted for during the week too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Yay to less rain :-)

Never takes away from the fact that I'm the worst packet ever. Can anyone recommend essentials to bring? Will be my fourth year but I'm still the worst at knowing what to take :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

No, I'm not getting excited/depressed about weather reports anymore!! It's literally been switching daily between catastrophic and grand for the past week! Between that and no day breakdown or stage times, I feel like I'm going bipolar!

Just wake me up on Friday, shtick a clashfinder in my hand and send me off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

I dont think iv ever been to picnic in the rain..iv been very lucky! Seriously hoping and praying for the weather to behave, wouldn't mind a couple of showers..no work being done this week anyway folks, the countdown is officially ON :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement