Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

stephen.87 wrote: »
    Yay to less rain :-)

Never takes away from the fact that I'm the worst packet ever. Can anyone recommend essentials to bring? Will be my fourth year but I'm still the worst at knowing what to take :-/

Plus phone etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

everlast75 wrote: »
    Plus phone etc :)

Eye cover? :confused: You going as a pirate?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

On the drink front I spotted 12 cans for €9.99 in Aldi over the weekend! Its a beer called Galahad Premium, there's also another beer Sainte Etienne Premium Lager 12 cans for €12.69, 8 cans of bud €12, 8 cans of carslberg €12 & 8 cans of heineken €13!

Has anyone tried and tested the first 2 beers mentioned above? Great value, but I don't want to be drinking piss either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I dont think iv ever been to picnic in the rain..iv been very lucky! Seriously hoping and praying for the weather to behave, wouldn't mind a couple of showers..no work being done this week anyway folks, the countdown is officially ON :)

Ah there is nothing like being in one of the big tents when it's packed and watching steam coming of people ;)

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Ah there is nothing like being in one of the big tents when it's packed and watching steam coming of people ;)

Either way im gonna go and have the time of my life as i usually do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

On the drink front I spotted 12 cans for €9.99 in Aldi over the weekend! Its a beer called Galahad Premium, there's also another beer Sainte Etienne Premium Lager 12 cans for €12.69, 8 cans of bud €12, 8 cans of carslberg €12 & 8 cans of heineken €13!

Has anyone tried and tested the first 2 beers mentioned above? Great value, but I don't want to be drinking piss either ;)

Galahad is absolutely rotten. Sainte Etienne is drinkable imo but I've never had more then a few of them at one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Eye cover? :confused: You going as a pirate?

Aye captain - I go purely to loot and pillage all the land lubbers for their pieces of eight!

(Eye cover to block out the light - tying to get kip when it's bright out is a b*tch)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I think the weather before 2011's EP was worse than this years. In the 4 days before 2011's EP, there was torrential rain each day and somehow it managed to avoid stradbally on the Friday and it was largely a very dry pleasant weekend.

If you look at Met Eireann's 5 day forceast, it shows the southern corner of Laois avoiding the majority of the deluge. I guess we won't know for sure until Thursday's forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

I think the weather before 2011's EP was worse than this years. In the 4 days before 2011's EP, there was torrential rain each day and somehow it managed to avoid stradbally on the Friday and it was largely a very dry pleasant weekend.

If you look at Met Eireann's 5 day forceast, it shows the southern corner of Laois avoiding the majority of the deluge. I guess we won't know for sure until Thursday's forecast.

Yes this seems very like 2011. The run up to 2009 also had huge amounts of rain for a number of weeks leading up to it and I remember the ground being very soft/muddy in places (even early on the Friday). I think I survived fine in hiking boots in 2009 though.

As festivals go, I don't think EP is the worst in terms of turning very muddy quickly. The wellies will always be in the boot of the car but I'm hoping the hiking boots will do again this year if there is some heavy rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

The map is out via the Ticket on Irishtimes.com
    I dont have enough posts to share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, the soil/drainage in Stradbally seems good, can never remember it being as bad as Oxegen often was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

robk84 wrote: »
    The map is out via the Ticket on Irishtimes.com
    I dont have enough posts to share

Here's a link to the pdf from there

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1279512/electric-picnic-2014-sitemap.pdf

and an image:
    wtzOXwO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

My other half works high up in one of the sponsors. He managed to get this list of the day breakdown. Apparently they saw it for "brand" approval.

Beck - Fri (tentatively)
    Foals - Fri
    Pet Shop Boys - Fri
    Omar Souleyman - Fri
    Young Fathers - Fri
    Blondie - Fri
    Twin Shadow - Fri
    Bicep - Fri
    Tune-Yards - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri
    Wild Beasts - Fri or Sat
    Mogwai - Fri or Sun
    The Strypes - Fri or Sun

Portishead - Sat
    Metronomy - Sat
    Sohn - Sat
    Paolo Nutini - Sat
    John Wizards - Sat
    Annie Mac - Sat
    Clean Bandit - Sat
    Bombay Bicycle Club - Sat
    Kaytranada - Sat
    SBTRKT - Sat
    St Vincent - Sat
    Hozier - Sat
    The Stranglers - Sat
    White Denim - Sat
    Meltybrains? - Sat
    Moodoid - Sat
    Simple Minds - Sat or Sun
    The 1975 - Sat or Sun

Outkast - Sun (tentatively)
    Sinead O'Connor - Sun
    Lily Allen - Sun
    Laura Mvula - Sun
    Temples - Sun
    Drenge - Sun
    Duke Dumont - Sun
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sun
    Wolf Alice - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun
    Nightbox - Sun
    Kelis - Sun
    The Horrors - Sun
    Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Sun
    Nick Mulvey - Sun
    Asgeir - Sun
    Jungle - Sun
    Neneh Cherry - Sun
    Hercules and Love Affair - Sun
    The Wailers - Sun
    Perfume Genius - Sun
    Francois & The Atlas Mountains - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

What's Charlie Chaplin campsite?

from that Irish Times link:
    Tomorrow, we’ll bring you the first glimpse at the Main Stage lineup and the set times, and we’ll be releasing the remaining stage times and lineups as the week goes on, before any other media.

My other half works high up in one of the sponsors. He managed to get this list of the day breakdown. Apparently they saw it for "brand" approval.
    this is just the list that was on here rounded up from band's websites. a number of them are definitely wrong.
    Twin Shadow has said on fb that he's on Saturday. the Irish Times said that Beck is on Sunday.

and an image:
    wtzOXwO.jpg

Thank god, looks like the funfair was moved out of the campsite back where its used to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Going by the IT preview Beck was listed as Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Beck - Fri (tentatively)
    Foals - Fri
    Pet Shop Boys - Fri
    Omar Souleyman - Fri
    Young Fathers - Fri
    Blondie - Fri
    Twin Shadow - Fri
    Bicep - Fri
    Tune-Yards - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri
    Wild Beasts - Fri or Sat
    Mogwai - Fri or Sun
    The Strypes - Fri or Sun

Portishead - Sat
    Metronomy - Sat
    Sohn - Sat
    Paolo Nutini - Sat
    John Wizards - Sat
    Annie Mac - Sat
    Clean Bandit - Sat
    Bombay Bicycle Club - Sat
    Kaytranada - Sat
    SBTRKT - Sat
    St Vincent - Sat
    Hozier - Sat
    The Stranglers - Sat
    White Denim - Sat
    Meltybrains? - Sat
    Moodoid - Sat
    Simple Minds - Sat or Sun
    The 1975 - Sat or Sun

Outkast - Sun (tentatively)
    Sinead O'Connor - Sun
    Lily Allen - Sun
    Laura Mvula - Sun
    Temples - Sun
    Drenge - Sun
    Duke Dumont - Sun
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sun
    Wolf Alice - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun
    Nightbox - Sun
    Kelis - Sun
    The Horrors - Sun
    Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Sun
    Nick Mulvey - Sun
    Asgeir - Sun
    Jungle - Sun
    Neneh Cherry - Sun
    Hercules and Love Affair - Sun
    The Wailers - Sun
    Perfume Genius - Sun
    Francois & The Atlas Mountains - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun

That's the breakdown I put together!!! :(

• Advertisement

Beck on before Outkast maybe? :( Would have preferred him on the Friday but oh well.

Can anyone tell from the map is the area where you can exchange your cans for cold ones still there?

this is just the list that was on here rounded up from band's websites. a number of them are definitely wrong.
    Twin Shadow has said on fb that he's on Saturday. the Irish Times said that Beck is on Sunday.

He just forwarded me the mail from someone in marketing. It was on a mock up of the lanyards. Perhaps thats all it was, a mock up just to get sponsor approval for logos etc? They were shown it today at a meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

What's Charlie Chaplin campsite?

Pretty sure they had that camp-site at past festivals. May have been the so-called 'quiet camping' area.

PadraigOK wrote: »
    That's the breakdown I put together!!! :(

:mad:

That's gas! Must have robbed it for the mockups! EP organisers must be paranoid about leaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Seems a bit odd to me having Outkast and Beck both on Sunday as both were marketed as headliners. If it is the case I would hope Beck gets top billing and is on when it's darker as he seems to put on more of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

Anyone know what 'Beer Frontier' is on the map? A bar for craft beers perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

And as pointed out, Beck is supposedly set to play the Sunday. Mogwai have confirmed that they are Sunday too. St Vincent surprisingly has Sat down on her FB page yet she's due to play the EA on Sunday.

Appears to be a red bull bar in the main arena? Serving vodka perhaps?

Any idea what Every Can Counts is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

nanoro wrote: »
    Anyone know what 'Beer Frontier' is on the map? A bar for craft beers perhaps?

It looks like the bar to the side of the B&S main stage - which last year sold Tiger, Paulaner, and something else I can't remember that the main bars didn't sell.

Maybe putting a bit more into it this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement