Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

I might do this myself. We are staying in the Campervan section and don't fancy doing that treak every time you want more drink. Might just leave the drink in the locker and come and go aw we please :D

Ordered the Storage Box :D:D

If you get the gig lockers, can you bring drink from the campsite into the main arena...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    If you get the gig lockers, can you bring drink from the campsite into the main arena...

I would assume not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Not until the bar closes

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Anyone see any great drink deals on?

I would assume not.
    Not until the bar closes

Then what is the use of keeping drink in them. Are there any other good reasons to getting 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I brought Prazsky beer last year, and I'll be getting it again for this year. Stayed relatively cold just in the 'porch' of the tent, and it's €1 a can in O'Briens...

Then what is the use of keeping drink in them. Are there any other good reasons to getting 1?

To stop kbackers from robbing them.
    And it will save the lads in campervans having to walk back to the site to get a few cans, it's a long trek, presume they'll do this when the bar closes

• Registered Users Posts: 25 eniarrol175

And it will save the lads in campervans having to walk back to the site to get a few cans, it's a long trek, presume they'll do this when the bar closes

Yeah that's why im getting them . Just for when the bar closes and you can bring your drink in. Also they can be handy for dumping your heavy coat etcc instead of trekking all the way back to the campervan site. €15 over 3 days = well spent (my legs will be thankful ) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

What's the best tactic regarding grabbing a shower on Saturday/ Sunday morning? Haven't been to EP in years but I imagine there'll be a fair Que for them.

Just wondering where they're situated and what's a good time to avoid massive Que's.

Shower in the morning goes a long way towards snapping out of that hungover state and getting on with enjoying the day.

I'm aware I've probably spelled Que wrong several times here.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

Could you not stash drink in your locker, say on the Friday, then go back early on the Saturday into the main arena and have your drink there?

• Advertisement

Thanks Larry. What time does the festival generally continue to in the evening, the bars dont close to 1 o clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

skerry wrote: »
    What's the best tactic regarding grabbing a shower on Saturday/ Sunday morning? Haven't been to EP in years but I imagine there'll be a fair Que for them.

Just wondering where they're situated and what's a good time to avoid massive Que's.

Shower in the morning goes a long way towards snapping out of that hungover state and getting on with enjoying the day.

The showers are in Hendrix towards the arena entrance.

If you're there early the queues are small for females, non existant for males.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Creeby wrote: »
    Could you not stash drink in your locker, say on the Friday, then go back early on the Saturday into the main arena and have your drink there?

The Gig Lockers are in the Hendrix Campsite

Yeah that's why im getting them . Just for when the bar closes and you can bring your drink in. Also they can be handy for dumping your heavy coat etcc instead of trekking all the way back to the campervan site. €15 over 3 days = well spent (my legs will be thankful ) :D
    Yeah it's grand! Handy for putting phone in and wallet and fags! Especially if it's raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Do Pennys/Dunnes/Alidi/Lidl stock cheap waterproofs, lads? Going getting the essentials today. Also it looks like the tent I ordered on Amazon on the 15th hasn't even dispatched yet. YAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I've never used the showers at EP but I've heard from numerous people that the best time to go for no queues would be mid-afternoon to early evening when most people would be well situated in the main arena.

i also need some rain gear any help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

Tommy54 wrote: »
    i also need some rain gear any help guys

Yup me too. Got a dunnes, tesco, aldi, lidl to choose from. Any help would be appreciated!

aldi and lidi have some decent rain coats but I don't wanna spend 20 quid on one. Cheap and cheerful will do me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

I woke up early on the Sunday morning last year (~9-10am) and there was zero queue for the showers at that time. Highly recommend it, felt very ropey beforehand and like a new man afterwards, really sets you up for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

Has anyone ever stayed in Bootique camping?

after looking at the map it doesnt show showers in there but yet the podpads website stated they'd have their own toilets and showers(festival permitting)

Just wanted to check if they had them in previous years, with it been my 11th electric picnic I fancied having a shower for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

pjf2013 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever stayed in Bootique camping?

after looking at the map it doesnt show showers in there but yet the podpads website stated they'd have their own toilets and showers(festival permitting)

Just wanted to check if they had them in previous years, with it been my 11th electric picnic I fancied having a shower for the first time

Yes they do, as does pink moon campsite.

penguin88 wrote: »
    I woke up early on the Sunday morning last year (~9-10am) and there was zero queue for the showers at that time. Highly recommend it, felt very ropey beforehand and like a new man afterwards, really sets you up for the day.

What's the story with the showers?
    Don't want to be waltzing in bollock naked and everyone else in there shorts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

Yes they do, as does pink moon campsite.

Nice one, cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

Dominya wrote: »
    Yup me too. Got a dunnes, tesco, aldi, lidl to choose from. Any help would be appreciated!

Got a poncho for 5 Euro in the scout shop, just to cover me, if it gets really bad, got a light, but waterproof rain jacket in Lidl for 15 Euro(Aldi have them also), and boots(not wellies) in Shoezone for 20 Euro. The last time I was at EP there was terrible weather on Sunday, and I wasn't prepared, this time I am.
    Also got double layered socks in Tesco, they are 5 Euro for two pairs, on the website they are "F&F 2 Pair Pack of Blister Resist Walking Socks".

Can't post links due to number of posts.

fafy wrote: »
    Got a poncho for 5 Euro in the scout shop, just to cover me, if it gets really bad, got a light, but waterproof rain jacket in Lidl for 15 Euro, and boots(not wellies) in Shoezone for 20 Euro. The last time I was at EP there was terrible weather on Sunday, and I wasn't prepared, this time I am.
    Also got double layered socks in Tesco, they are 5 Euro for two pairs, on the website they are "F&F 2 Pair Pack of Blister Resist Walking Socks".

Can't post links due to number of posts.
    Thanks!

it is where all the Magic happens
    Everyone goes naked..its not like you haven't something anyone hasn't seen before....or do you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

I know what you mean, arrive clothed and strip off when you get inside. Leave valuables back at base camp. Be prepared, they are very basic, but worth a quick scrub, bit of a shock when you arrive in and there are a hundread men showering in front of you. Wud advise wearing flip flops when showering.

it is where all the Magic happens
    Everyone goes naked..its not like you haven't something anyone has seen before....or do you ;)

I just don't want to embarrass everyone else! ;)
    I just want to make sure I don't get arrested haha!

• Advertisement

I'm in the Pink Moon ..showers are great there, hot and toilets are cleaned regularly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement