Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could see either Chic/Vampire Weekend/Foals to do the late night saturday slots

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Same question again, can you pay in installments in a ticketmaster outlet or just online?

Online only, I asked a friend who runs an outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Bootsy. wrote: »

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Yeah I reckon Chic are a good shout to do the Disclosure slot from last year.

My guess on headliners are:

Outkast, QOTSA, Vampire Weekend/Kasabian

Are Foals big enough to headline? I'd be disappointed with that to be honest. Fine sub-headliners though.

Other filler acts I'm gonna have a guess at to make an appearance over the weekend:
    Wild Beasts,
    Manic Street Preachers,
    Beck,
    Of Montreal,
    The Minutes,
    The Charlatans,
    Damien Jurado,
    Cage the Elephant,
    Temples,
    Bombay Bicycle Club

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Morrison J wrote: »

Are Foals big enough to headline? I'd be disappointed with that to be honest. Fine sub-headliners though.

Other filler acts I'm gonna have a guess at to make an appearance over the weekend:
    Wild Beasts,
    Manic Street Preachers,
    Beck,
    Of Montreal,
    The Minutes,
    The Charlatans,
    Damien Jurado,
    Cage the Elephant,
    Temples,
    Bombay Bicycle Club

Yea agree but thats why i feel they would be a perfect band for 1 of the late night slots on saturday night since i would have compared them to a similar size act(in Ireland) as Disclosure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Self confession, never listened to Foals before.
    After a quick listen (past half hour) I'm going to be very disappointed if they're not playing. Awesome!

Bootsy. wrote: »

Not according to EP on their face book page.

"Hi Aaron, yes you are once you bring your items of proof along with you."

"For those who have not automatically received a discount code today: If you received your code last year by sending in proof of attendance to the information email address but haven’t automatically received a code this year from Ticketmaster this year this could be because you either didn't opt in to future mailing at the time of purchase or didn't use the code. In either case you will need to reapply with your proof of attendance to the information email picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com"

Fatfrog wrote: »

"For those who have not automatically received a discount code today: If you received your code last year by sending in proof of attendance to the information email address but haven’t automatically received a code this year from Ticketmaster this year this could be because you either didn't opt in to future mailing at the time of purchase or didn't use the code. In either case you will need to reapply with your proof of attendance to the information email picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com"

That was in response to whether you can get the Early bird tickets though, which has incidentally answered my question.

to pay in installments it has to be done online afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fatfrog wrote: »

He was answering whether or not you can pay in installments at a ticketmaster outlet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Morrison J wrote: »

Wild Beasts,
    Manic Street Preachers,
    Beck,
    Of Montreal,
    The Minutes,
    The Charlatans,
    Damien Jurado,
    Cage the Elephant,
    Temples,
    Bombay Bicycle Club

I'd be extremely disappointed if Vampire Weekend were headliners. The others not so bad.

Interpol are back touring this year, that'd be an instant buy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Corholio wrote: »
    I'd be extremely disappointed if Vampire Weekend were headliners. The others not so bad.

Interpol are back touring this year, that'd be an instant buy for me.

Vampire Weekend are far better headliners than Interpol IMO. Best performance at Longitude. Never been able to stick more than one or two songs from Interpol at a festival.

Vampire Weekend or Interpol as headliners would be a shocking disappointment imo.

GenieOz wrote: »
    That was in response to whether you can get the Early bird tickets though, which has incidentally answered my question.

to pay in installments it has to be done online afaik.
    Mince Pie wrote: »
    He was answering whether or not you can pay in installments at a ticketmaster outlet.

Yes sorry misread that one!

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Vampire Weekend are far better headliners than Interpol IMO. Best performance at Longitude. Never been able to stick more than one or two songs from Interpol at a festival.

Just difference of opinions I guess. I think Interpol are an infinitely better band than Vampire Weekend, and whether Interpol are there or not, I don't think VW should be anywhere near headlining the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Walt Jabsco

Just got the wrong code for the 174 euro tickets. Just e-mailed them to say they made a mistake, i should qualify for the 154 euro ones. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Is there actually any chance of Portishead headlining? Considering that they are a) amazing and b) packed out their stage at Glasto I would be very sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

Just got the wrong code for the 174 euro tickets. Just e-mailed them to say they made a mistake, i should qualify for the 154 euro ones. Anyone else have this problem?

yeah same. i havent looked into it yet tho.
    Let me know how ya got on!

Corholio wrote: »
    Just difference of opinions I guess. I think Interpol are an infinitely better band than Vampire Weekend, and whether Interpol are there or not, I don't think VW should be anywhere near headlining the Picnic.

They headlined Longitude last year, makes them big enough to headline EP.

Beans_On wrote: »
    yeah same. i havent looked into it yet tho.
    Let me know how ya got on!

Will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Is there actually any chance of Portishead headlining? Considering they are a) amazing and b) packed out their stage at Glasto I would be very sceptical.
    i doubt it, pretty sure 95% of the EP crowd couldn't name a song by them, and I'd say a sizable amount have never even heard of them....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 digbychicken

Hey guys, what is the email address for ticketmaster? I didn't get any code at all, even though we have been 3 times (and bought from ticketmaster 3 times) I have emailed picnicoffer@festivalrepublic but I was hoping to send the email on to ticketmaster too.

i doubt it, pretty sure 95% of the EP crowd couldn't name a song by them, and I'd say a sizable amount have never even heard of them....

Yeah I figured as much...I just saw two or three people mention it earlier in the thread and it got my hopes up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Are you kidding me, I suppose you haven't noticed the typical age group present at EP, mid 30s onward in general, Portishead, absolutely perfect for EP, Massive Attack have headlined twice so why not, can we not nick them from the Rock en Seine festival. Just looked at their tour page on their website and Rock en Seine festival in France is the last listed gig so they might get added and their website is waiting to update. Don't forget a lot of people reckoned the Knife wouldn't get added last year, but they did, so never say never.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Yeah I figured as much...I just saw two or three people mention it earlier in the thread and it got my hopes up a little.

Well up til Oxegen went down in 2011 the Picnic crowd was fairly alternative and well up on alt bands so there's still something of a chance, but the crowd is much younger and the headliners more aimed at the big market so they're probably less likely to play now than they were 4 or 5 years ago.

Are you kidding me, I suppose you haven't noticed the typical age group present at EP, mid 30s onward in general, Portishead, absolutely perfect for EP, Massive Attack have headlined twice so why not, can we not nick them from the Rock en Seine festival.

My first EP was last year and it certainly didn't look that way, but I wouldn't be surprised if the year before that had an older crowd. If they announce them I'd jump straight onto a ticket.

There's talk on t'internet of legendary Dublin band, The Blades playing the Saturday.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    They headlined Longitude last year, makes them big enough to headline EP.

Is that how it's judged these days?? I would have thought the Picnic would have a fair bigger standing than a 2 year old festival, and looking at the Longitude lineup this year I hope it would be quite a lot bigger standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Are you kidding me, I suppose you haven't noticed the typical age group present at EP, mid 30s onward in general, Portishead, absolutely perfect for EP, Massive Attack have headlined twice so why not, can we not nick them from the Rock en Seine festival.
    as BadTurtle pointed out, that's not the typical age group at EP any more really since Oxegen's downfall, the typical age has always been mid20s-mid30s. it's probably a little bit lower now. I've been going to EP since 2005 btw. and even then, many of that age group wouldn't know a Portishead song.

most people know 2 Massive Attack songs, and the crowd for Massive Attack was tiny for a headliner, easily the smallest I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

Is there actually any chance of Portishead headlining? Considering that they are a) amazing and b) packed out their stage at Glasto I would be very sceptical.

They fit the retro & established requirement they sometimes like to use + they're playing x6 festival dates around Europe this year.
    I think they would be perfect for the 'old EP'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement