Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

Anyone doing tour de picnic? Looks like the weather will be against us..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

I'm in the Pink Moon ..showers are great there, hot and toilets are cleaned regularly.

Would want to be for the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Would want to be for the cost
    well sharinga tent witha mate and earlybird ticket= same price as full price ticket. I'm still apartier but need at least 5 hours. Theres only so much amateur singalongs and loud pill talk one can take at 6am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Body and soul times out! Excitement levels rampin up

http://nialler9.com/body-soul-stage-times-for-electric-picnic-are-here/

Hang on, I'm being an idiot amnt I, that's already been out. Goddamn it

well sharinga tent witha mate and earlybird ticket= same price as full price ticket. I'm still apartier but need at least 5 hours. Theres only so much amateur singalongs and loud pill talk one can take at 6am

Your user name suits ya!!
    Would like to try it some year, just as something different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

pjf2013 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever stayed in Bootique camping?

after looking at the map it doesnt show showers in there but yet the podpads website stated they'd have their own toilets and showers(festival permitting)

Just wanted to check if they had them in previous years, with it been my 11th electric picnic I fancied having a shower for the first time

Yep, toilets and showers and rarely more than a 2 minute queue for shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Do you prebook the gig lockers or buy when you get there

• Registered Users Posts: 25 eniarrol175

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Do you prebook the gig lockers or buy when you get there

I pre-booked though tickets.ie just in case.

Id say everyone will start booking them with this bad weather !

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Your user name suits ya!!
    Would like to try it some year, just as something different
    No spoil sport just getting old and know I need at leasta few hours sleep. Once I did it in 2008 I never went back to old campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

fafy wrote: »
    I know what you mean, arrive clothed and strip off when you get inside. Leave valuables back at base camp. Be prepared, they are very basic, but worth a quick scrub, bit of a shock when you arrive in and there are a hundread men showering in front of you. Wud advise wearing flip flops when showering.

From the Electric Picnic website, on the page about the showers: "Please **** as discreetly as possible and avoid prolonged eye contact while doing so."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Hopefully the rain will hold off

Either way I think it's a safe bed to invest in your wellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Mince Pie wrote: »
    That site got it pretty much spot on for Life. I live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

The met eireann 5 day forecast also doesn't look the worst. I think we'll be grand lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

From todays Irish Times;

"Tomorrow, we’ll bring you the first glimpse at the Main Stage lineup and the set times, and we’ll be releasing the remaining stage times and lineups as the week goes on, before any other media".

Dowdy wrote: »
    From the Electric Picnic website, on the page about the showers: "Please **** as discreetly as possible and avoid prolonged eye contact while doing so."

Ah that has me laughing!!

Just got some new wet gear! Spent 50 euro on them but I'll get good wear out of them.
    Also I just got a slab of Heineken for 30 euro in tesco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Anyone know of any good deals on sombero? Or even Canadian! As broke as I am I hope I won't have to resort to drinking blonderbrau..😵

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Otsuka

Map on " Abbeyleix " Facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Just got some new wet gear! Spent 50 euro on them but I'll get good wear out of them.
    Also I just got a slab of Heineken for 30 euro in tesco!

Where did you get the wet gear if you don't mind me asking? Need a pair of waterproof trousers just in case and a poncho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Thanks Larry. What time does the festival generally continue to in the evening, the bars dont close to 1 o clock.

Bar actually closes around 12? If I remember correctly! But saying that I could be completely wrong as concept of time goes out the window at EP!

Bar actually closes around 12? If I remember correctly! But saying that I could be completely wrong as concept of time goes out the window at EP!

12 Friday and Sunday and 1 on Saturday night this year

30 a slab thank you! and once the bars close is it okay to bring in cans?

Tommy54 wrote: »
    30 a slab thank you! and once the bars close is it okay to bring in cans?

You can bring in up to 4 cans. Does anyone know what time the music goes to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Duff wrote: »
    Where did you get the wet gear if you don't mind me asking? Need a pair of waterproof trousers just in case and a poncho.

You'll get decent pairs downstair's in Guiney's, they've also got rain jackets with zips/hoods for a fiver odd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

You can bring in up to 4 cans. Does anyone know what time the music goes to?

4 a.m in the RBMA (Rave in the woods)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

About the same for Body & Soul too

About the same for Body & Soul too

Thanks

3 hours without easy access to drink is a bit much gonna be getting myself a gig locker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Lads I got 2 ponchos in the Euro Shop, photo attached, €2 each. I've always found this type of rain gear to be great for the price of it, it comes down to my knees, I'm 5ft 8.
    And yes, you'll be able to spot me from space :P

The material is quite thick too. I'd say it's along the same lines as a raincoat out of Penneys or Dunnes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement