Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Might grab one of those ponchos!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Any one have the times/days of each artist, can't seem to spot it. I'm mostly interested in London Grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

skeg16 wrote: »
    Any one have the times/days of each artist, can't seem to spot it. I'm mostly interested in London Grammar.

Not yet, hopefully tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm getting a lift down on Friday but will need to get a bus back on the sunday night.

Can you just pay on the bus or do you need to prebook?

The only option on Marathon travel seems to be to buy a return ticket, is Bus Eireann different?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

I can't focus on something for more than 2 minutes without electric picnic thoughts floating in & refreshing this board...As much as I want the week I fly, I love this build up 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Julian Cope talking and radiators from space performing in literary tent.
    Also Jim Sheridan - who should be forced to tell the story of how Marlon Brando inspired Mike Myers.

Details on Hotpress site.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Also Jim Sheridan - who should be forced to tell the story of how Marlon Brando inspired Mike Myers.

Julian cope should be performing amazing artist

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Julian cope should be performing amazing artist

That would be epic in fairness...special guest slot in the body and soul maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Dominya wrote: »
    Yup me too. Got a dunnes, tesco, aldi, lidl to choose from. Any help would be appreciated!

dunnes do cheap rain gear. trousers for a tenner. just shower resistant though. you wouldn't have a bath in them like. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Tommy54 wrote: »
    I'm heading off with a couple of friends and was wondering whats the best campsite for shelter and or if it rains to avoid flooding

The field are all pretty ok. Just don't camp at the bottom of a hill.
    Is there a family car park? Or do we head to the normal car parks?

There is a family car park. The main carpark is at the Port Laois side of Stradbally. The family car park is at the other side of Stradbally. It is in the GAA pitch - you come out on the road and the entrance for the family campsite is across the road. Car to campsite in less than ten minutes. It is damn civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 eniarrol175

Is anyone heading down on the Thursday night staying in a campervan ?

I see that's its open from 4pm, is there a particular time its closes ? We probably wont get down till @ 9pm just wondering if that's ok etc... Newbie here to EP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

Is anyone heading down on the Thursday night staying in a campervan ?

I see that's its open from 4pm, is there a particular time its closes ? We probably wont get down till @ 9pm just wondering if that's ok etc... Newbie here to EP :(

I don't know the exact closing time, but we got to the Campervan campsite around 10pm a few years back and there was no issue. Heading up a little earlier this year on Thursday evening, hope to be there by 8ish. It makes a huge difference going up on Thursday, and there are little, if any traffic issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I can't focus on something for more than 2 minutes without electric picnic thoughts floating in & refreshing this board...As much as I want the week I fly, I love this build up 2 :)
    I'm the same, made all the worse by trying to finish my thesis which is due Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Jello wrote: »
    I'm the same, made all the worse by trying to finish my thesis which is due Friday!

I'm the same I have to resit an exam on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Staying in pink moon and just looking at the map car park Z would be ideal, is it normally possible to park where you want if there early enough ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 eniarrol175

fafy wrote: »
    I don't know the exact closing time, but we got to the Campervan campsite around 10pm a few years back and there was no issue. Heading up a little earlier this year on Thursday evening, hope to be there by 8ish. It makes a hige difference going on Thursday, and there are little if any traffic issues.

Oh wow yayyyyy !!!!!! Do you get better parking too being there on Thursday ?

Im hoping to have everything ready on Wednesday night and then we collect the campervan on Thursday afternoon.

I cant wait, no work being done this week lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

The Global Green stage times have been announced

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/globalgreen

So that's Body & Soul, Global Green, Oxjam and Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow times and breakdown announced.

Looks like the Irish Times have an exclusive for breaking the stage times of the big stages in the arena and will drip feed the times/days over the course of the week. Boo to that.

Peterd66 wrote: »

Nice one, the whole Mindfield areas is really good, only a tiny portion of E.P.'ers go there, so there usually no issue getting into any of the various tents.

Some good debates on in Leviathan tent also

• Advertisement

Oh wow yayyyyy !!!!!! Do you get better parking too being there on Thursday ?

Im hoping to have everything ready on Wednesday night and then we collect the campervan on Thursday afternoon.

I cant wait, no work being done this week lol lol

It's not that big an area, compared to the campsites, so it doesen't really matter when you arrive by Campervan, just getting in on Thursday night, is a lot less hastle, it's mayhem on Friday with people arriving, hand trucks of beer flying everywhere, people reading instructions on how to put up tents, ladies in 6 inch high heels trying to get through the mahem, it's great to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Staying in pink moon and just looking at the map car park Z would be ideal, is it normally possible to park where you want if there early enough ?

I've found that regardless of what time you arrive there is generally a traffic management plan in place so you will be directed to a designated car park. I think the paintball entrance was reserved for artists/crew etc last year so its possible that car parks A, B & C will involve less walking. I stand to be corrected on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

My other half works high up in one of the sponsors. He managed to get this list of the day breakdown. Apparently they saw it for "brand" approval.

Beck - Fri (tentatively)
    Foals - Fri
    Pet Shop Boys - Fri
    Omar Souleyman - Fri
    Young Fathers - Fri
    Blondie - Fri
    Twin Shadow - Fri
    Bicep - Fri
    Tune-Yards - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri
    Wild Beasts - Fri or Sat
    Mogwai - Fri or Sun
    The Strypes - Fri or Sun

Portishead - Sat
    Metronomy - Sat
    Sohn - Sat
    Paolo Nutini - Sat
    John Wizards - Sat
    Annie Mac - Sat
    Clean Bandit - Sat
    Bombay Bicycle Club - Sat
    Kaytranada - Sat
    SBTRKT - Sat
    St Vincent - Sat
    Hozier - Sat
    The Stranglers - Sat
    White Denim - Sat
    Meltybrains? - Sat
    Moodoid - Sat
    Simple Minds - Sat or Sun
    The 1975 - Sat or Sun

Outkast - Sun (tentatively)
    Sinead O'Connor - Sun
    Lily Allen - Sun
    Laura Mvula - Sun
    Temples - Sun
    Drenge - Sun
    Duke Dumont - Sun
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Sun
    Wolf Alice - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun
    Nightbox - Sun
    Kelis - Sun
    The Horrors - Sun
    Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Sun
    Nick Mulvey - Sun
    Asgeir - Sun
    Jungle - Sun
    Neneh Cherry - Sun
    Hercules and Love Affair - Sun
    The Wailers - Sun
    Perfume Genius - Sun
    Francois & The Atlas Mountains - Sun
    Glass Animals - Sun

Going back to this, I'd be very curious to know the sponsor whose very high ups are having to resort to a breakdown pieced together from boards.ie, like completely copied and pasted including the word 'tentatively', for their information. EP are really fecking up this whole lineup thing... Why is secrecy a priority...?! Surely knowing who's playing when builds up the hype as people get more into acts that they can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Presumably they don't want to release times until they're 100% sure everyone will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

My theory is that the final artist/stage allocation has waited to see what the weather is expected to be like, so as to try and avoid major bookings being abandoned due to rain like Massive Attack in 2010.

Probably a completely wrong theory though.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Presumably they don't want to release times until they're 100% sure everyone will be there.

I heard from some PR people that some bands they do PR work for and are playing EP haven't even been told yet what time or day they are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Well the Irish Times are announcing stage times every day this week, so I'm assuming there's some kind of agreement in place there? Would explain the secrecy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Little Green Cars and Eve Belle added to the OV stage. Both playing Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

MattD wrote: »
    Going back to this, I'd be very curious to know the sponsor whose very high ups are having to resort to a breakdown pieced together from boards.ie, like completely copied and pasted including the word 'tentatively', for their information. EP are really fecking up this whole lineup thing... Why is secrecy a priority...?! Surely knowing who's playing when builds up the hype as people get more into acts that they can see?

I ound out more earlier this afternoon. They Were sent a pdf of the lanyard approve design and layout. Apparently the printer sent dummy content as the purpose was for the sponsor to approve logo placement, not approve the time table content. On closer inspection the map in the sample was from last year too. EP organisers obviously being very careful about leaks.

my other half had it forwarded to him cos he said he was going (and we paid for our tickets, we gave our sponsor freebies as a prize in a charity raffle. We go every year, just so no one thinks we aren't proper festival goers)

Apologies for any confusion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Graham1978 wrote: »
    don't know about last year, but in previous years if you come through Stradbally from the South/East you'll be directed into Car Park Z.

if you come from the motorway and follow the signs for EP car parks (rather than head for Stradbally), you'll end up in Car Parks A, B, C.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement