Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

don't know about last year, but in previous years if you come through Stradbally from the South/East you'll be directed into Car Park Z.

if you come from the motorway and follow the signs for EP car parks (rather than head for Stradbally), you'll end up in Car Parks A, B, C.

The walk from Car Park Z to the Hendrix is a balls if you are carrying a heavy load!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Little Green Cars and Eve Belle added to the OV stage. Both playing Friday.

Very Nice. have seen LGC a few times, and they are fairly good.

skeg16 wrote: »
    Any one have the times/days of each artist, can't seem to spot it. I'm mostly interested in London Grammar.

Their website says they are playing in Stockholm at another festival which runs this Friday & Saturday, so most likely Saturday or Sunday at E.P., bar, an ash cloud fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I heard from some PR people that some bands they do PR work for and are playing EP haven't even been told yet what time or day they are on.

I'm amazed if that's true. How can you book an international act to come to Ireland and not tell them when they're playing within a week of the event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Not a hope in hell that is true. Even the smaller "international" bands will have known weeks in advance what day they are playing. They just don't give a flying feck about us little guys. I'm gonna take out my rage on one of the poor lanyard sales people. If you see one of them drowning in lanyards, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

The walk from Car Park Z to the Hendrix is a balls if you are carrying a heavy load!

Which car park should I aim for if I want to camp in Hendrix?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    I'm amazed if that's true. How can you book an international act to come to Ireland and not tell them when they're playing within a week of the event?

EP isn't booking them, its Festival Republic. Im not being pedantic, its just the FR will have contracts with acts to play multiple festivals in their rosta so they effectively book the act to work certain days / be available to work, secondly every major act playing will have an exclusion zone clause so they cannot book a gig in an agreed radius e.g Beck will only play one gig in ROI in the 6 months before or after the festival

basically all the acts are just sub contractors being paid to be available to perform and cannot act in way to impact ticket sales, e.g. Beck cant play the olympia while he's in the country and make extra cash

Therefore, FR can secure their time for a whole weekend and decide at the last minute when they go on. Granted, EP festival is dragging the arse out lately

Which car park should I aim for if I want to camp in Hendrix?

A, B or C would be best but you may not have a choice of what car park if you are directed in by traffic management/Gardai.

If you are coming from Dublin, you will likely end up in Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Therefore, FR can secure their time for a whole weekend and decide at the last minute when they go on.
    this is 100% not true.
    many acts will have planned their tours months in advance, including accommodation and travel.
    many will be playing elsewhere this weekend at non-FR events, so would obviously need to know the exact day, and in some cases time, so that they can get to those other gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Mr.S wrote: »
    Bar 1 or 2 acts they've all been scheduled. Officially out very soon.

Some odd choices.
    Odd as in Beck/Outkast clash with St Vincent/Mogwai-odd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Anyone got experience of booking their Cans down there?

Is it much hassle collecting them and also then putting them in the cold room - I read that they don't give you the cans cold on collection?

also if I book 2 trays can I get one Friday and the other one Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A, B or C would be best but you may not have a choice of what car park if you are directed in by traffic management/Gardai.

If you are coming from Dublin, you will likely end up in Z.
    not in my experience.
    if you take the motorway from Dublin, as most people do, you'll be directed to A-C.

if you come through Stradbally village, you'll probably be directed into Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Mr.S wrote: »
    Bar 1 or 2 acts they've all been scheduled. Officially out very soon.

Some odd choices.

You tease! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Therefore, FR can secure their time for a whole weekend and decide at the last minute when they go on. Granted, EP festival is dragging the arse out lately

I think you are completely under-estimating the logistics of getting a band + crew and gear on site for a festival of this size. All bands/artists will have been sent their schedules and time of arrival on site by now. They all have to be managed in and out to prevent a cluster f*** of a mess on the entrance points.

The printers of the lanyards will have been work on that job for the last week at least - it's a huge job.

The reason the schedule isn't released yet is to sell more lanyards. Nothing else.

not in my experience.
    if you take the motorway from Dublin, as most people do, you'll be directed to A-C.

if you come through Stradbally village, you'll probably be directed into Z.

Ah. Maybe you are right. Coming from Dublin, I often take some back roads in and end up in arriving into the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

srm23 wrote: »

Is it much hassle collecting them and also then putting them in the cold room - I read that they don't give you the cans cold on collection?

TBH i find the off license extremely over priced. A slab of heineken is €50 at EP but €30 in supervalu at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

srm23 wrote: »

It's actually a really good service. I got cold cans at it last year on the Saturday. You just walk up with photo ID + the print out and they give it to you. they are located in jimi campsite.

not sure about getting multiple slabs at different times. Maybe order separately so you have two print outs for two different orders.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

London Grammar aren't on that list above.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭paulbok

catch--22 wrote: »
    I think you are completely under-estimating the logistics of getting a band + crew and gear on site for a festival of this size. All bands/artists will have been sent their schedules and time of arrival on site by now. They all have to be managed in and out to prevent a cluster f*** of a mess on the entrance points.

The printers of the lanyards will have been work on that job for the last week at least - it's a huge job.

The reason the schedule isn't released yet is to sell more lanyards. Nothing else.

or to give sell the Irish Times an exclusive with publishing them over the next few days.
    Either way it's a money making scheme no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

this is 100% not true.
    many acts will have planned their tours months in advance, including accommodation and travel.
    many will be playing elsewhere this weekend at non-FR events, so would obviously need to know the exact day, and in some cases time, so that they can get to those other gigs.

Well I can only go on my own experience with promoters, the ATP screw up with Jabberwocky festival us a case in point, several acts were signed up with exclusions zones in place. When the festival got cancelled a couple of days before nany acts tried to put on shows as they were already there but ATP invoked the clause. I have a close friend who is a road crew manager and untik recently for a well known act who have recently headlined EP and they are often booked by FR for all festivals they are putting on and can have their whole summer dictated by promoter months in advance

Perhaps there are ways of doing it - not saying your wrong- but I can only speak to my experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

paulbok wrote: »
    or to give sell the Irish Times an exclusive with publishing them over the next few days.
    Either way it's a money making scheme no doubt.

Pretty sure Today FM and Sunday Times are also media partners/sponsors so can't imagine they'd be too happy with IT getting it first..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 eniarrol175

pinkypinky wrote: »

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH I cant wait to see London Grammer too.

Hoizer and Laura Mvula will be class too

Hogzy wrote: »
    TBH i find the off license extremely over priced. A slab of heineken is €50 at EP but €30 in supervalu at the moment.

True, but do that, and you will be drinking warm beer for the whole weekend,versus cold beer - priceless. The option of spending an hour + going into Stradbally has also been discussed, with the arms hangin off ya, wasting time, and ending up with the same warm beer, is a bit of a joke.

It also will work out a lot cheaper than paying 5 to 6 Euro a pint, it's still just over 2 Euro per chilled can if you are buying 24.

An idea might be to bring enough stock with you to your tent/campervan, but also do seperate pre-orders for each day, at the off licence. If you don't need them, grand, there is no charge for not collecting them. They are only getting an idea of how much demand there will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

fafy wrote: »
    True, but do that, and you will be drinking warm beer for the whole weekend,versus cold beer - priceless.

Bags of ice are a fiver in the campsites, one of those in a bucket does the the job for most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

maximoose wrote: »
    Bags of ice are a fiver in the campsites, one of those in a bucket does the the job for most of the day.

oooh, where had these?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Alfi

Eod100 wrote: »
    Little Green Cars and Eve Belle added to the OV stage. Both playing Friday.

Any source of this information? Sounds unlikely LGC would be added this late. Hope this is true though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Actually I'm not sure if they are in all campsites. I've camped in the same spot in Warhol for the last 6 years and there's a stall near the Centra selling them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Alfi wrote: »
    Any source of this information? Sounds unlikely LGC would be added this late. Hope this is true though!

Should've added the link: https://twitter.com/OtherVoicesLive/status/503919818936811521

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

fafy wrote: »
    True, but do that, and you will be drinking warm beer for the whole weekend,versus cold beer - priceless. The option of spending an hour + going into Stradbally has also been discussed, with the arms hangin off ya, wasting time, and ending up with the same warm beer, is a bit of a joke.

It also will work out a lot cheaper than paying 5 to 6 Euro a pint, it's still just over 2 Euro per chilled can if you are buying 24.

An idea might be to bring enough stock with you to your tent/campervan, but also do seperate pre-orders for each day, at the off licence. If you don't need them, grand, there is no charge for not collecting them. They are only getting an idea of how much demand there will be.

Heineken cold rooms will chill any can of Heineken regardless of where you bought it for free ;)

I do have the luxory of having the car so im going to keep my booze there and just go back every day to bring down a days worth of cans. Its much easier than bringing all my drink down in one go and its safer than leaving it in the tent.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

pinkypinky wrote: »

London Grammar are playing the Saturday or Sunday, more than likely to be the Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement