Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Ideal way to see Little Green Cars. Between good lineups for Salty Dog, Other Voices, RBMA and the increased bar opening hours, I can see myself spending a lot of time roaming around the woods!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

maximoose wrote: »
    Bags of ice are a fiver in the campsites, one of those in a bucket does the the job for most of the day.

Nice tip, cheers,
    i'm bringing lots of cans, but have still pre-ordered a slab, to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

sorry if this has been asked a hundred times but what time the bars open till?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    sorry if this has been asked a hundred times but what time the bars open till?

12 Fri & Sun
    1 Sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Does anyone know if the replay is being shown in An puball gaeilge on Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I know some people hate the idea of sport being shown at the festival and all that, but do you think they'll show the football matches that are on next weekend? Just that the Mayo/Kerry match yesterday was a cracker and I'd love to catch a bit of the replay if I can tear myself away from the music for a while! I heard they showed the Dublin match somewhere last year.

Edit: ^ at least one other person is interested anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

You'll have to go into the village to watch any sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Due to Amazon fecking up my tent order a week and a half ago and me only finding out today, I'm left with panic buying another. Anyone ever used this? Looks decent for the price, good HH rating anyway.

http://www.halfords.ie/camping-car-seats/camping-caravanning/3-4-man-tents/urban-escape-osaki-3-man-tent

Edit: Or this?

http://www.ramblersway.ie/highlander/tents/juniper-3-man-tent.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

From looking at the map it looks as though the Other Voices stage is off the main arena site and therfore we'll be able to take our own booze there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Duff wrote: »
    Due to Amazon fecking up my tent order a week and a half ago and me only finding out today, I'm left with panic buying another. Anyone ever used this? Looks decent for the price, good HH rating anyway.

http://www.halfords.ie/camping-car-seats/camping-caravanning/3-4-man-tents/urban-escape-osaki-3-man-tent

I got this one - a mate has it for the last few years so I got one too!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3401716/Trail/searchtext%3EREGATTA+4+MAN.htm

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Never understood people wanting to watch mathes at a festival!

Well, it does so happen that Electric Picnic takes place on a weekend at the end of the summer when the GAA is getting into its final stages. Seems fairly understandable to me that people might be interested in both the festival and what's happening in the GAA, particularly if their counties are involved (but even if they aren't). Nobody's forcing anyone to watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

everlast75 wrote: »
    I got this one - a mate has it for the last few years so I got one too!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3401716/Trail/searchtext%3EREGATTA+4+MAN.htm

I got the 2 man pop up. Are their tents usually good quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

don't know about last year, but in previous years if you come through Stradbally from the South/East you'll be directed into Car Park Z.

if you come from the motorway and follow the signs for EP car parks (rather than head for Stradbally), you'll end up in Car Parks A, B, C.

I'll definately try and head for Stradbally then, see how close I can get. Just seems so much handier if you need to get anything from the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

skerry wrote: »
    Trying to figure out what cans of beer to pick up for this. Anyone got any hot tips on nice canned beer apart from the usual pish, the selection of canned beers in Irish off licenses is generally fairly poor. Are any of the Lidl/ Aldi beers worth trying?

Been down the Offy there and limited to the likes of Zywiec, Karpackie, Tyskie, Lech (in addition to the usual Carlsberg's etc.). Lech or Tyskie is looking like the best of a bad bunch at the minute.

I went for Newcastle Brown Ale and Macardles. Your mileage may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

Not just in Ireland. World cup final was shown at same time as portishead were playing at a festival local to me earlier in the summer. I guess people like watching matches with a crowd anyway. Wouldnt have a problem with that.

Mr.S wrote: »
    No I know thaaaat, I just mean your paying for a festival but then are going away to watch a match! Seems weird to me is all!

And There was a small tent showing the match last year, the Irish speaking tent or whatever it's called

It's an hour and a half in the afternoon. I don't think I'm being robbed of my money's worth from that. I probably won't even watch the full thing, I was mainly just wondering if there was anywhere where I could stick my head in for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Good News Picnickers!!!! I just found my old waterproof workboots. They were so comfy I couldn't bear to part with them. Sure beat wellies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Eod100 wrote: »

Any idea what size the other voices stage will be? I'm assuming similar crowd capacity to the salty dog? Couple of hundred max! That's not enough for LGC given the crowd they pulled into the electric arena last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

They showed the match last year in the Irish language tent in mindfield I'm fairly certain. It was absolutely packed out I remember at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

An Puball Gaeilge (in Mindfield) definitely showing the Donegal and Dublin game on Sunday according to their website (which won't load properly but I can just about make it out). There are already other things planned for the Saturday when the Kerry/Mayo match is on because they probably weren't expecting a replay, but maybe they'll re-schedule/rearrange things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

Can anyone give some good news about the weather for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

hugeglobe wrote: »

Probably won't see a proper semi accurate forecast for the weekend until Wednesday or Thursday.

Pack for a monsoon, if it does not happen then happy days, if it does then you are sorted anyway.

hugeglobe wrote: »

I wish, I have serious fear at the moment. Took the dogs out for a wander earlier and had to strip when i got home and put what I was wearing straight into the washing machine. Was soaked to the bone.
    Wasn't wearing my wellies though.
    I'm hoping this forecast is good but been digging out the thermals and need to do a repair job on me poncho.
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Portlaoise/long.html

Edited ot add, we should be checking out MT Craniums forecast over in the weather forum.

Snarky Snark Snark

Who or what is MT Cranium?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 baallbag

Went to watch the Dublin - Kerry match last year in the local pub in stradbally, as a dub it was one of the best parts of the weekend great match, great craic and fresh pints! The pub was packed out so obviously a lot of people want to watch the matchs and to be honest you don't miss much and a lot of people stay in the campsite for a lot of the sunday and leave it till late in the evening to go in! Il be back in stadbally for the match again this year, great craic to be had and might be a dry roof over my head for a couple hours

Who or what is MT Cranium?

A poster over in the weather forum, does daily forecasts.

On another note, can someone help me, borrowing my sisters cooler but she doesn't have the blue block things that you freeze first. Anyone know where I can buy some? Not having much luck sourcing them

Snarky Snark Snark

Mince Pie wrote: »
    A poster over in the weather forum, does daily forecasts.

On another note, can someone help me, borrowing my sisters cooler but she doesn't have the blue block things that you freeze first. Anyone know where I can buy some? Not having much luck sourcing them

Got mine in Argos last year

Got mine in Argos last year

What are they called for the search?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement