Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

It's an hour and a half in the afternoon. I don't think I'm being robbed of my money's worth from that. I probably won't even watch the full thing, I was mainly just wondering if there was anywhere where I could stick my head in for a few minutes.

Bang on. People have all different interests. I usually head down to stradbally the past few years as im a massive dubs fan. But im hoping to get a bit of the replay on the sat night. Heres hoping the irish tent has it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Sorry, another question. Would we be better off just buying a shed load of ice at 95c per bag (assuming the shops have it with ice bucket challenges meaning none available at the minute) or should we buy the above plus ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mince Pie wrote: »

On another note, can someone help me, borrowing my sisters cooler but she doesn't have the blue block things that you freeze first. Anyone know where I can buy some? Not having much luck sourcing them

Those things are all wrong for a festival think about weight! You're better off buying actual ice (79c for a bag in Lidl), at least the ice will be melted by Monday you don't have to carry it home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

gaffolino wrote: »
    Bang on. People have all different interests. I usually head down to stradbally the past few years as im a massive dubs fan. But im hoping to get a bit of the replay on the sat night. Heres hoping the irish tent has it

Do you walk into the town or drive? I'm not even sure of the distance from the festival site to the town. I'm not sure I'd like to leave the site though (although we left Castlepalooza for a couple of hours to get breakfast in Tullamore town and it was the best thing after a night of non-stop rain, so if it's rainy, a trip to town might be nice).

The Mayo/Kerry match was such craic yesterday, that I'd love to see a bit of it on the Saturday again, if I could. I'm sure it'll be wedged for the Dubs on Sunday. Watching matches with a crowd is always a great time.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Those things are all wrong for a festival think about weight! You're better off buying actual ice (79c for a bag in Lidl), at least the ice will be melted by Monday you don't have to carry it home!

Well that answers my second question. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Any idea what size the other voices stage will be? I'm assuming similar crowd capacity to the salty dog? Couple of hundred max! That's not enough for LGC given the crowd they pulled into the electric arena last year!

Yeah I'd say something like that! The post on fb has this at the end: ''Our area has limited capacity, so be sure to arrive early and snag yourself a spot.''

Guess they'll be sticking to not putting out specific stage times but people could text friends once they find out who's on so so not sure how that'll work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Dominya wrote: »
    I got the 2 man pop up. Are their tents usually good quality?

I've used that a few times and am using it again this weekend. Problem is they are a nightmare to put back into the packaging so most likely scenario is you'll end up leaving it out there unless you have the patience of a saint. They do the job though, young fellas like us can just stick a mat in underneath and have a sleeping bag and we'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

Any idea what size the other voices stage will be? I'm assuming similar crowd capacity to the salty dog? Couple of hundred max! That's not enough for LGC given the crowd they pulled into the electric arena last year!

O.V. are trying to keep it intimate. Can't blame them for keeping it that way, as thats what they are all about - intimate performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Eod100 wrote: »
    Guess they'll be sticking to not putting out specific stage times but people could text friends once they find out who's on so so not sure how that'll work out!

Twitter would be good - it has it's uses beyond "Jus piked a pmpl, uzin lyk krzy lol"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

have the long johns ready to go. your only man at night time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

fafy wrote: »
    O.V. are trying to keep it intimate. Can't blame them for keeping it that way, as thats what they are all about - intimate performances.

Thing is how will they manage that at a festival with 41k? Understand the reasons behind it but not sure how the logistics will work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Little Green Cars and Eve Belle added to the OV stage. Both playing Friday.

So happy to hear about Little Green Cars. I only saw two songs last year before went to watch Robert Plant.

Must go find out where the OV stage is? Come here map, map, map. Good map.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm the same I have to resit an exam on Wednesday.

Ive one on thursday myself . Cant concentrate at all
    Duff wrote: »
    Due to Amazon fecking up my tent order a week and a half ago and me only finding out today, I'm left with panic buying another. Anyone ever used this? Looks decent for the price, good HH rating anyway.

http://www.halfords.ie/camping-car-seats/camping-caravanning/3-4-man-tents/urban-escape-osaki-3-man-tent

Edit: Or this?

http://www.ramblersway.ie/highlander/tents/juniper-3-man-tent.html

I had reserved that one in Halfords but was lucky enough when i got over they had 1 of these left http://www.halfords.ie/camping-car-seats/camping-caravanning/3-4-man-tents/aventura-4-man-tunnel-tent .

Any time ive got a tent from Halfords they were always good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Ah lads the excitement is too much! Spent the afternoon buying stuff that'll hopefully keep me warm and dry.

By the way, if anyone is looking for good torches/lights- the €2 shops sell these really good round led ones about the size of a hockey puck, they give off a brilliant light and dirt cheap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also i went into Tesco earlier to get the Tuborg Offer but my local one didnt have any :mad: So ended up getting a slab of Bav for €31.50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

My booze plan is to head over the border on Thursday to stock up, straight into the fridge when I get home and then stick them in the boot of the car wrapped in tinfoil and ice packs Friday morning before I head off. Once there, I'm just gonna take enough for each day/night at a time and hopefully the rest stay relatively cold in the boot over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mr. Black

Decided to take the car instead of bus.

New list devised:

1. All the clothes!
    2. All the food!
    3. All the alcohol!!
    4. EVERYTHING else!

Thing is how will they manage that at a festival with 41k? Understand the reasons behind it but not sure how the logistics will work out!

The logistics are simple, over 95% of the people who turn up to see the popular acts at OV, simply, will not get in.
    There will be long long quees for this stage for the bigger acts at least.

When there is so much else going on around, much as I'm tempted, i'll probably pass, as it will be a few hours queeing for the popular acts at OV, (probably in the pissing rain) to get into the tent, and it is a tent, not an open outdoor area, like Salty Dog is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Do you walk into the town or drive? I'm not even sure of the distance from the festival site to the town. I'm not sure I'd like to leave the site though (although we left Castlepalooza for a couple of hours to get breakfast in Tullamore town and it was the best thing after a night of non-stop rain, so if it's rainy, a trip to town might be nice).

The Mayo/Kerry match was such craic yesterday, that I'd love to see a bit of it on the Saturday again, if I could. I'm sure it'll be wedged for the Dubs on Sunday. Watching matches with a crowd is always a great time.
    it's a 10min walk from the "Paintball entrance" on the map, probably about 15mins from the Abbeyleix entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Walk in. Only bout 20 mins or half hour. Sundays are always as follows with us. Up , wash , food, bacardi bar, dublin gospel choir, then back to bacardi bar for a few scoops for the road. If your heading down to watch one the matches id advise you dont leave too late or your chance of seeing a tv will be zero. Last year I had to sit on the floor under a table. Worth it though! Great craic!

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »

Absolutely, but :( when only 20% actually get to see them!

La Galaxie on the EP page now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Haven't seen much mention of ear plugs on people's lists but personally I'd definitely wear them going to sleep- after a few drinks you'll nod off alright, but it's around 7\8 am when people start stirring again (how/why so early I dunno!) that it's good to be able to block out a bit of the noise and get a bit more kip.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    So happy to hear about Little Green Cars. I only saw two songs last year before went to watch Robert Plant.

Must go find out where the OV stage is? Come here map, map, map. Good map.

Map is already out (few pages back)

Ov is in the forest between salty dog and trench town.

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1279512/electric-picnic-2014-sitemap.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Didn't notice a guest list VIP area on the map??

Duff wrote: »
    My booze plan is to head over the border on Thursday to stock up, straight into the fridge when I get home and then stick them in the boot of the car wrapped in tinfoil and ice packs Friday morning before I head off. Once there, I'm just gonna take enough for each day/night at a time and hopefully the rest stay relatively cold in the boot over the weekend.

Was up in Belfast Saturday, stopped off for some booze, prices weren't great €27/slab vs &30 south, not worth it unless you're near.

Absolutely, but :( when only 20% actually get to see them!

It will be a lot less than that unfortunately.

They are bringing a different type of gig to E.P. and they should be applauded for that.

I guarantee there will be complaints about O.V. all over the place when E.P. is over, people going, will think they can just stroll in 30 minutes before showtime. For the earlier gigs maybe, for the bigger acts like Little Green Cars & others, no way, as the people who go to the earlier gigs realise how good the performances are in the intimate setting, they will stay a lot longer, so less room for those who follow.

Will probably be worth going into, but the problems is all the other stuff going on, decisions, decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I had reserved that one in Halfords but was lucky enough when i got over they had 1 of these left http://www.halfords.ie/camping-car-seats/camping-caravanning/3-4-man-tents/aventura-4-man-tunnel-tent .

Any time ive got a tent from Halfords they were always good quality.

There's gonna be some load of those tents at EP. I bought it on a recommendation earlier in this thread and so did a couple of mates. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Meangadh wrote: »
    Haven't seen much mention of ear plugs on people's lists but personally I'd definitely wear them going to sleep- after a few drinks you'll nod off alright, but it's around 7\8 am when people start stirring again (how/why so early I dunno!) that it's good to be able to block out a bit of the noise and get a bit more kip.

picked up a 5 pack in boots yesterday, i like me sleep.

Another thing which is light and worth bringing esp if it's manky, 2 newspapers to go into the boots over night just to make sure any dampness gets drawn out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Le Galaxie closing the Rankin Wood stage on Saturday night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement