Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Was up in Belfast Saturday, stopped off for some booze, prices weren't great €27/slab vs &30 south, not worth it unless you're near.

Only 4 miles away :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Le Twalaxie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Le Twalaxie

What were you even trying to do there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Duff wrote: »
    Only 4 miles away :p

Could ye pick us up some ginger beer please? :D Mad expensive locally if you can find it but less than a quid in Tesco oooop north.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

fafy wrote: »
    It will be a lot less than that unfortunately.

They are bringing a different type of gig to E.P. and they should be applauded for that.

I guarantee there will be complaints about O.V. all over the place when E.P. is over, people going, will think they can just stroll in 30 minutes before showtime. For the earlier gigs maybe, for the bigger acts like Little Green Cars & others, no way, as the people who go to the earlier gigs realise how good the performances are in the intimate setting, they will stay a lot longer, so less room for those who follow.

Will probably be worth going into, but the problems is all the other stuff going on, decisions, decisions.

the times for the OV stage aren't being released in advance, so people won't really be able to go there specifically for acts.

• Advertisement

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Could ye pick us up some ginger beer please? :D Mad expensive locally if you can find it but less than a quid in Tesco oooop north.

I'm bringing Crabbies. A can for everyone on Friday at Salty Dog :P

Can't drink the cider stuff. Was just after the non alcoholic Old Jamaican Ginger Beer, thank ye kindly. Cheap as chips up the north. I'll make ye a dark and stormy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

As long as you're not bringing home Crabbies!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    As long as you're not bringing home Crabbies!

The missus is with me this year..:eek:

BadTurtle wrote: »
    What were you even trying to do there?

Tw*ts and Le Galaxie mashed together :-/ You aren't in Le Galaxie, are you?

• Advertisement

Can't drink the cider stuff. Was just after the non alcoholic Old Jamaican Ginger Beer, thank ye kindly. Cheap as chips up the north. I'll make ye a dark and stormy. :D

Actually, what's the dark rum from Lidl/Aldi like, do you know? A dark and stormy would be delish compared to warm, pissey Karpackie!

Actually, what's the darm rum from Lidl/Aldi like, do you know? A dark and stormy would be delish compared to warm, pissey Karpackie!

The dark rum from the above are grand for D&S but me mate is coming over from the UK and is packing a bottle of Lambs. So if you can grab some ginger beer we'll make sure you get a nice dark and stormy with lime wedges and ice and everything.

The dark rum from the above are grand for D&S but me mate is coming over from the UK and is packing a bottle of Lambs. So if you can grab some ginger beer we'll make sure you get a nice dark and stormy with lime wedges and ice and everything.

I'll have a look surely! Can you only get it in Tesco though? I doubt I'll be heading as far as Newry unless I've last minute Primark essentials to get! I usually just go to a big ware house off licence the far side of the border.

I'll have a look surely! Can you only get it in Tesco though? I doubt I'll be heading as far as Newry unless I've last minute Primark essentials to get! I usually just go to a big ware house off licence the far side of the border.

Oh you should be able to grab it in most shops, asda etc. They usually have their own brand of ginger beer rather than having to get old jamaican. If you can grab some that would be brillo! I'll be eyeballing ye at te Salty dog on Friday. Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Meangadh wrote: »
    Ah lads the excitement is too much! Spent the afternoon buying stuff that'll hopefully keep me warm and dry.

By the way, if anyone is looking for good torches/lights- the €2 shops sell these really good round led ones about the size of a hockey puck, they give off a brilliant light and dirt cheap.

Any chance you'd have a pic? I was in there looking at torches today and you know with that shop there's so many hit and miss products I ended up not buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Didn't notice a guest list VIP area on the map??

picnic garden

Oh you should be able to grab it in most shops, asda etc. They usually have their own brand of ginger beer rather than having to get old jamaican. If you can grab some that would be brillo! I'll be eyeballing ye at te Salty dog on Friday. Ha!

No bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Tw*ts and Le Galaxie mashed together :-/ You aren't in Le Galaxie, are you?
    I don't think you'd have to be in any way affiliated with the band to take umbrage at that truly terrible attempt at a pun. It's like trying to have a go a the Gallaghers by calling them Twoasis.

A Twalaxie sounds like a hybrid chocolate bar released by Mars for a limited time period.

I don't think you'd have to be in any way affiliated with the band to take umbrage at that truly terrible attempt at a pun. It's like trying to have a go a the Gallaghers by calling them Twoasis.

A Twalaxie sounds like a hybrid chocolate bar released by Mars for a limited time period.

Well, no, I mean I've replaced the "g" of le Galaxie with "tw", so your example of merely plonking the "tw" in front of Oasis isn't the same. See, it isn't actually easy :pac:

But yeah, a Twix with Galaxie chocolate sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

They were poor when I saw them but they will put on a good laser show so I'm sure they will appeal to someone.

• Advertisement

They were poor when I saw them but they will put on a good laser show so I'm sure they will appeal to someone.

Clashing with Portishead apparently. Which means Portishead on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

How will the Trinity Orchestra gig work? Will they be playing the music over the pre-recorded vocals for Demon Days? Can't imagine them doing MF DOOM's verses on November Has Come :pac: Seriously excited to see it regardless, gunna drag myself to it if I must!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyone know which night Beck is playing. The teenage girl in me can't miss him.

fits wrote: »

No one will know for certain but the punt is for Sunday night I reckon. I could be wrong though and remembered previous posts wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Has anyone ever had trouble with getting their cars out of the car park with regards wet ground/being blocked in?

I've to leave Sunday night for work Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

How will the Trinity Orchestra gig work? Will they be playing the music over the pre-recorded vocals for Demon Days? Can't imagine them doing MF DOOM's verses on November Has Come :pac: Seriously excited to see it regardless, gunna drag myself to it if I must!

Whatever about Doom, Bootie Brown on Dirty Harry does not sound like somethig anyone but a top class MC should be trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

fits wrote: »
    according to the Irish Times, he's playing Sunday night on the main stage.
    seems like he will be on before Outkast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Whatever about Doom, Bootie Brown on Dirty Harry does not sound like somethig anyone but a top class MC should be trying.

True, his verse is sick on that. DOOM has got some damn tight rhymes though all the same.

Don't know how they are going to manage it.

Edit - "Remember when I used to dance man all I wanna do is dance." Can see myself having a grand jive to that! :P

according to the Irish Times, he's playing Sunday night on the main stage.
    seems like he will be on before Outkast.

Oh where was that? Gotta link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Has anyone ever had trouble with getting their cars out of the car park with regards wet ground/being blocked in?

I've to leave Sunday night for work Monday morning.

I'd say blocked in is probably the bigger danger, had fun with that last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement