Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Mince Pie wrote: »
    It's bad enough were getting stung on the bars, just didn't really fancy forking out 2e on me coffee in the morning as well. The hot water bottles will be a lifesaver but not sure if stalls with hot water will still be open in the wee hours when I'm ready for me leaba.
    Been looking up the stoves that are allowed and to late to order from amazin and would be a false economy now at 50e for one.
    PITA

There's usually a few places still open in Body & Soul in the very early morning and it's probably your most likely place to get a free hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Ya I'm doing the run! Did a 15k on Saturday and pure stiff after it so gonna make sure and avail of the massages in the Tour De Picnic area!

The TDP email today said strictly only one bag, but I assume tent on top of rucksack with straps over it would be sound?

I would hope so. The email said 'no camping chairs or tents hanging off bags' so hopefully if you had tent attached nice and tidy they won't notice. I've got my friends to pick up my tent chair and beer to take in their car.

Good luck with the run kinda excited myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I can think of nothing else. Very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

So what times are we waiting on now?

Thanks for all of your replies,one last thing,what's the deal with folding chairs?

Are they allowed? Garda website says no but the EP website says nothing about it.

Getting very excited now

Your definitely allowed chairs in the campsite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

D.Q wrote: »
    So what times are we waiting on now?

Big little tent, electric arena, rankings wood stage, salty dog.......

Still waiting on all the other tents right? Need to know when Asgeir is playing.

This thread has kept my excitement levels up every day the past few weeks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I thought the rankin woods stage was the rave in the woods stage? Clearly I was mistaken!

http://m.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally/long.html

Latest weather report looking a lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Interesting how many so-called heritage acts are on the main stage. Simple Minds, The Wailers, The Stranglers, Blondie, Chic, Pet Shop Boys...
    I would have thought a couple of them would've been good for the Electric Arena or Rankins Wood

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    I thought the rankin woods stage was the rave in the woods stage? Clearly I was mistaken!

Rave in the woods = red bulk music academy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Looking at the stage lineups so far, it really brings home just how good the lineup actually is. There's absolutely no excuse to be bored this weekend :)

On the non music side of things, I'm really looking forward to seeing futurproof record their live show at MindField on Saturday at 4pm and there's the comedy tent to wander into for the laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

The latest from MT Cranium on the Boards Weather thread (RTE still not as optimistic but I generally trust MT)

FRIDAY ... Continuing rather windy across the north (from SW to W 50-80 km/hr) but winds easing mid-day and afternoon especially south and central regions. Morning showers followed by some afternoon sunny intervals. Lows around 10 C and highs around 19 C.

SATURDAY ... Sunny intervals, pleasantly warm. Lows near 8-10 C and highs in the 19-22 C range.

SUNDAY ... Increasing cloud, showers or periods of rain for northwest, other regions sunny to mid-day then cloudy with late showers. These will be associated with a front attached to remnants of distant "Cristobal" near Iceland at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Assumed Kelis, Clean Bandit and Jungle would be on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Any word on London Grammar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Any word on London Grammar?

None yet, i'd assume they'd be fairly high up the bill in the Electric Arena Saturday or Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 18 crazytealeaf

Anyone know anywhere in Dublin that has any tents left at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Army Bargains off Capel Street should have some.

Argos has a "stockfinder" option on their website.

I'm sure Halfords have some in stock too - they have multiple stores around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Oh no, I can feel a London Grammar clash on the horizon :(

Sunday is looking sweet though, I can wander for the day and explore and then go to the main stage for Beck and Outkast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

I wonder when they next announcement will be...I want to know when flume and Annie mac will be on..hoping there won't be a clash with chic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

So no dj for the Saturday night slot!

Are there any names in the RBMA well worth seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Joy Orbinson is pretty good...The RBMA is always worth a look I think, the place is crazy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Joy Orbison and Boddika being the standouts. The JO Essential Mix from a few weeks back is great (in fact, I'm gonna stick it on now).

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Sunil Sharpe, delighted he's closing Friday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sinead4199

Hi,

I got tent pegs in deals Nd have put tent up with pegs! Seem to b grand! 10 pegs for €1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Can you bring a camping stove with gas cannister to make brews in the morning?
    MadYaker wrote: »
    No.

I'm pretty sure you weren't allowed the BBQ's last year for the reason that they 'scorched the ground', and that you were allowed gas hobs. I went and bought a gas hob and used it every day over the weekend last year. There is no way I'm arriving without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

Pet Shop Boys headlining main stage on Friday night is bizarre

robk84 wrote: »
    Pet Shop Boys headlining main stage on Friday night is bizarre

Hopefully clashing with London Grammar or the like in the EA :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Wild Beasts on quite early is the only thing that stands out to me as an issue.

Le Galaxie -> chic -> rave in the woods could make for an epic finish to saturday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement