Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I made an Unofficial Android Timetable App for this.

here it is: h t t p s :// play_DOT_google_DOT_com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.electricpicnic

or search Android Play Store for "Electric picnic 2014"… oddly it is down the list a few places.

This app uses the clashfinder at clashfinder_DOT_com/s/electricpicnic2014/. For this reason the timetables are not final as of yet.

Once the clashfinder is updated you can refresh it in the app (Tools->Reload Data). Or you can leave auto-update on start up switched on and it will ask you when your start the app if you want to check for new timetables.

I see that this morning's Main Stage and RBMA announcements are not yet on the clashfinder. No doubt someone will do that this morning at some point.

If someone could post the links that would be handy…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

here it is: h t t p s :// play_DOT_google_DOT_com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.electricpicnic

or search Android Play Store for "Electric picnic 2014"… oddly it is down the list a few places.

This app uses the clashfinder at clashfinder_DOT_com/s/electricpicnic2014/. For this reason the timetables are not final as of yet.

Once the clashfinder is updated you can refresh it in the app (Tools->Reload Data). Or you can leave auto-update on start up switched on and it will ask you when your start the app if you want to check for new timetables.

I see that this morning's Main Stage and RBMA announcements are not yet on the clashfinder. No doubt someone will do that this morning at some point.

App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.electricpicnic
    Clashfinder: http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Are there any names in the RBMA well worth seeing?

Dark Sky on saturday is a must

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

I've been using it already. Its great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Looks nice and slick.

Is there anyway to get it to load your custom itinerary on Clashfinder (e.g http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2014/?user=myusername&)

EDIT: Actually, i see that I can create my own custom itinerary on the app. That will do me. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Looks nice and slick.

Is there anyway to get it to load your custom itinerary on Clashfinder (e.g ...

EDIT: Actually, i see that I can create my own custom itinerary on the app. That will do me. Thanks!

No I am afraid not. You will have to build your itinerary again.

That is a good idea mind, but I am not sure that i can get that personalised data out of clashfinder in a JSON object which is how i grab the data.

oh just saw your edit ..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

The on-line off license is taking orders until Thursday evening. http://order.electricpicnic.ie/

Will there be other off-licenses at the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

I'm a newbie to EP, can someone tell me why London grammar are not included in the stage times?? Does this mean they won't be on the main stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Lovely tidy app, great job. Thanks for the work!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

robk84 wrote: »
    Pet Shop Boys headlining main stage on Friday night is bizarre

In your opinion. To me it makes perfect sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

robk84 wrote: »
    Pet Shop Boys headlining main stage on Friday night is bizarre

with the full on stage show they bring, not really , they had to close the electric arena when they played last time it was so packed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

skeg16 wrote: »
    I'm a newbie to EP, can someone tell me why London grammar are not included in the stage times?? Does this mean they won't be on the main stage?

Yep, they're not on the Main Stage. i'd say they'll be in the Electric Arena, which would suit their sound a lot more

If someone isn't listed in the stage times for a particular stage, it's safe to interpret that as meaning they're not playing that stage.

They'll likely be in the Electric Arena, which will frankly suit their vibe much better than the main stage would.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

They are probably playing in one of the tents. Better suited there if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Dowdy wrote: »
    If someone isn't listed in the stage times for a particular stage, it's safe to interpret that as meaning they're not playing that stage.

They'll likely be in the Electric Arena, which will frankly suit their vibe much better than the main stage would.

Cool thanks guys. they are the only act I'm interested in, don't want to miss them.

Simon Amstell should be good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Wild Beasts on the main stage early on the Saturday is a f*cking shame. Won't suit them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

happy to see Hozier on the Main stage. This is about the only act my better half is interested in seeing and and any of the tents was gonna be totally jammers for this. Saw him at Indiependence a few weeks back and he was pretty excellent no doubt.

Funny how a year goes .. last year Hozier opened the little big tent on the saturday and played the global green. This year he is between Wild Beasts and Bombay Bicycle Club on the Main stage. Fair play to him, fully deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Wild Beasts on the main stage early on the Saturday is a f*cking shame. Won't suit them at all.

I saw them in The Olympia a few months back and their lighting and staging was amazing. It is a shame that element will be lost.

Yeah they'd be much better suited to the tent too. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

pmalone wrote: »
    happy to see Hozier on the Main stage. This is about the only act my better half is interested in seeing and and any of the tents was gonna be totally jammers for this. Saw him at Indiependence a few weeks back and he was pretty excellent no doubt.

Funny how a year goes .. last year Hozier opened the little big tent on the saturday and played the global green. This year he is between Wild Beasts and Bombay Bicycle Club on the Main stage. Fair play to him, fully deserved.

and he'll almost certainly have a bigger crowd than either of them! You could say the same thing for Kodaline as well, they went from middle bill in Body and Soul to selling out the O2 in a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Completely agree, in a tent it would have been one of those "had to be there" now I reckon they will be under appreciated. Will still be there though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

So who do you think will headline the Electric Arena on Sunday, Mogwai or St. Vincent??

Hoping St. Vincent & Beck don't clash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Mince Pie wrote: »
    It's bad enough were getting stung on the bars, just didn't really fancy forking out 2e on me coffee in the morning as well. The hot water bottles will be a lifesaver but not sure if stalls with hot water will still be open in the wee hours when I'm ready for me leaba.
    Been looking up the stoves that are allowed and to late to order from amazin and would be a false economy now at 50e for one.
    PITA

Most of the stalls are generally open 24 hrs

Good luck trying to get your stove anyway 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fairplay!

319779.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Fairplay!

319779.jpg

Doing Gods work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Fogsy93

New to EP is there a lot of techno and house at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Fogsy93 wrote: »
    New to EP is there a lot of techno and house at it?

Not as much as there used to be but still a fair bit, check out the red bull music academy and some of the acts in the big little tent when its announced

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

Actually The Minutes are closing the Electric Arena on Sunday
    So who do you think will headline the Electric Arena on Sunday, Mogwai or St. Vincent??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Mogwai are definitely headlining the EA on Sunday night, straight from Stuart Braithwaite's mouth (or at least a reply I got on twitter). I'm thinking it'll be a Slowdive>St Vincent>Mogwai EA on Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement