Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

Completely agree, in a tent it would have been one of those "had to be there" now I reckon they will be under appreciated. Will still be there though

Have seen the current Wild Beasts tour twice now but both in darkness thankfully - disappointed with this slot - didn't work well for them 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Guys i left it a bit late but need wellies. Does anyone know anywhere that has any left in stock for cheap enough

robk84 wrote: »
    Pet Shop Boys headlining main stage on Friday night is bizarre

The Pet Shop Boys show is spectacular and this is the perfect slot - the light show and visuals are stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Mogwai are definitely headlining the EA on Sunday night, straight from Stuart Braithwaite's mouth (or at least a reply I got on twitter). I'm thinking it'll be a Slowdive>St Vincent>Mogwai EA on Sunday.

Balls, that's what i figured too. Hopefully it lines up St Vincent>Slowdive>Mogwai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Al70 wrote: »
    Actually The Minutes are closing the Electric Arena on Sunday

In their dreams

MattD wrote: »
    In their dreams

Honestly - you can apologise tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Dyaso

Ya I'm doing the run! Did a 15k on Saturday and pure stiff after it so gonna make sure and avail of the massages in the Tour De Picnic area!

The TDP email today said strictly only one bag, but I assume tent on top of rucksack with straps over it would be sound?

I havnt cycled a bike in about 15 years and havnt had much of a chance to train. So should be an experience alright! I just got an email back off them regarding the bags and they are strickly saying only 1! There is no chance I will be able to fit everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭paulbok

Looks like Decent showers until Friday, then light showers Sat & Sunday.
    Definitely will need wellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Balls, that's what i figured too. Hopefully it lines up St Vincent>Slowdive>Mogwai
    Slowdive might actually headline the Rankin Wood, which would mean, 3 of my "big 6" clash. Nice programming Festival Republic. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That app is brilliant, good job!

paulbok wrote: »
    Looks like Decent showers until Friday, then light showers Sat & Sunday.
    Definitely will need wellies.

Do you know where I can get any at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dunnes have plenty of wellies out on the shelves at the moment.

Failing that try Penneys, B&Q, Woodies

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

I've used that a few times and am using it again this weekend. Problem is they are a nightmare to put back into the packaging so most likely scenario is you'll end up leaving it out there unless you have the patience of a saint. They do the job though, young fellas like us can just stick a mat in underneath and have a sleeping bag and we'll be grand!

That's the shot. Never even considered bringing a mat! Might just use some clothes for that. Thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Right. Now before anyone jumps down my throat and kills me, this is only a rumor. Was just texting my sis there and was talking bout london grammer. And she heard they have supposedly pulled out. I dont know why. Just taught id give some of you a heads up seeing that some really want to see them. Like I said before that could be a load of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

gaffolino wrote: »
    Right. Now before anyone jumps down my throat and kills me, this is only a rumor. Was just texting my sis there and was talking bout london grammer. And she heard they have supposedly pulled out. I dont know why. Just taught id give some of you a heads up seeing that some really want to see them. Like I said before that could be a load of crap

They have cancelled some gigs this summer as the lead singer was poorly!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dominya wrote: »
    That's the shot. Never even considered bringing a mat! Might just use some clothes for that. Thanks man

Get one of these http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6342449/Trail/searchtext%3EBLOW+UP+MATTRESS.htm

The main stage times have almost given me an ulcer with excitement!!!

I urge anyone who has no intention of going to see chic to just go see them

You can thank me on here next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭paulbok

Tommy54, you could try these

The 3/4 length be more comfortable than full length wellies for those not used to them.
    Warmer socks would be a great addition as socks to protect the feet.

Any hardware shop should have wellies, but they would tend to be agricultural rather than fashionable.
    Camping shops as well maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

Just added the main stage and RBMA times to Clashfinder - http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Rfrip wrote: »

Is there anyone left in the country who hasn't seen Chic at this stage?

I was in Pennys completely gone I'll try dunnes thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Rfrip wrote: »

i wouldnt trust anyone who had no intention of going to see Chic. they may as well give their ticket to someone else if thats the case. happiest band in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Sandwell wrote: »

I haven't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally/long.html

Would be over the moon if this is still valid on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Went before and I'm going again!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

I haven't :)

Nor have I, excited

Yep I'd imagine so

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Think Nile Rogers will be turning out for a GAA team at this rate he spends so much time here.

Personally, Ive seen them enough this last 3 years at other festivals. Im going to Le Galaxie, supporting Irish acts and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Think Nile Rogers will be turning out for a GAA team at this rate he spends so much time here.

Personally, Ive seen them enough this last 3 years at other festivals. Im going to Le Galaxie, supporting Irish acts and all that

Le Galaxie is only a DJ set though if I remember correctly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement