Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Getting very excited now! Chic headlining on the Saturday will be a lot of fun. I really just can't wait to wander around all of the stages late at night and just follow whatever sounds good, you can plan to go and see as many acts as you want but sometimes just wandering from stage to stage can be the best craic. The RBMA line up isn't doing anything to get me excited really, I could have sworn they said there was more acts to be announced when they released their line up, but the stage times are out for it now and no additional acts, it also seems to be starting at 10pm every night, last year it definitely started at around 4pm or 6pm, loved going down for a wander with a few cans early in the evening before it got too packed later on, looks like I'll be using Trenchtown and the Salty dog for that kind of thing this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Slowdive might actually headline the Rankin Wood, which would mean, 3 of my "big 6" clash. Nice programming Festival Republic. :mad:

Aye, something similar. Would have gone along to St. Vincent, Beck, Slowdive & Mogwai if possible. St. Vincent/Beck would be the killer

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Droimeanach

How big are the storage boxes for EP approx?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Le Galaxie is only a DJ set though if I remember correctly?

From what theyve said on Twitter and reading their chat on the EP Facebook page last night, I think its a full show, the Laser/DJ thing is just what they are calling it I think. Or else I'll just go to B&S or the woods. Chic are great, just seen them too many times so will give something else a go

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Not sure if these have been published yet, but here ya go:

Comedy tent
    Saturday
    MC – Danny Dowling onstage from 1.15pm
    1.35pm – Colum McDonnell
    2.00pm – Kevin McGahern
    2.25pm – Al Porter
    2.50pm – Steve Frost’s Improv All-Stars
    3.35pm – Patrick McDonnell
    4.00pm – Eleanor Tiernan
    4.30pm – Chris Kent
    5.00pm – Fred Cooke
    5.35pm – Colm O’Regan
    6.10pm – Foil, Arms & Hog
    6.50pm – The Rubberbandits
    7.35pm – Seann Walsh
    8.15pm – Simon Amstell

Sunday
    MC – Danny Dowling onstage from 1.15pm
    1.35pm – Karl Spain
    2.00pm – Tomie James
    2.25pm – Eric Lalor
    2.50pm – Trevor Browne
    3.05pm – Steve Bennett
    3.20pm – Steve Frost’s Improv All-Stars
    4.05pm – Gunther Grun (Barry Murphy)
    4.30pm – Aisling Bea
    5.00pm – John Colleary
    5.30pm – Bec Hill
    6.00pm – Jarlath Regan
    6.30pm – Abandoman
    7.05pm – Dave McSavage
    7.40pm – Jason Byrne
    8.15pm – David O’Doherty

• Advertisement

How big are the storage boxes for EP approx?

Not sure exactly, somebody mentioned you could fit "slabs of beer in them".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Won't be long now! Packing my crap tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

everlast75 wrote: »
    Went before and I'm going again!

They are excellent live but I've seen them a couple of times at this stage and they seem to have played virtually every small festival in the country in the last few years. I'd imagine most EP goers have seeen them at least once and it's not like the set really changes. That said, they're a good booking for that time slot, better than Fat Boy Slim or Disclosure, that's for sure.

Aye, something similar. Would have gone along to St. Vincent, Beck, Slowdive & Mogwai if possible. St. Vincent/Beck would be the killer

I saw St VIncent, Mogwai and Slowdive already this year at Primavera in POrto but am still torn about clashes with Beck. All 3 were in fine form. Damn clashes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I hope kaytranada,flume and Annie Mac aren't clashing with anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Al70 wrote: »
    Honestly - you can apologise tomorrow :)

I'm not saying you're lying, because I know that the Minutes have been going around saying it. But someone's lying, because there's absolutely no way that they're taking that slot over Mogwai. There's no way that a band of the Minutes calibre would close the weekend in the biggest tent.

If I'm wrong, I won't eat a hat, but I'll definitely be in disbelief and very disgruntled over a wasted prime performance slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

Kaytranada, Flume and Sbtrkt.. Seems like there's an inevitable clash there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Won't be making the trip down myself this year didn't manage to get a ticket in time, however if there's anyone down there who has to leave before the Sunday night for any reason I'd be only delighted if I could use their wristband to see Outkast. Long shot I know but has to be worth a go :p

MattD wrote: »
    I'm not saying you're lying, because I know that the Minutes have been going around saying it. But someone's lying, because there's absolutely no way that they're taking that slot over Mogwai. There's no way that a band of the Minutes calibre would close the weekend in the biggest tent.

If I'm wrong, I won't eat a hat, but I'll definitely be in disbelief and very disgruntled over a wasted prime performance slot.

Mogwai closed the EA on the sunday 3 or 4 years ago, I reckon that is still their slot. I said it before, Mogwai wont clash with Beck. Alot of people into Beck would also have Mogwai as a must see too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

garrkell wrote: »
    i wouldnt trust anyone who had no intention of going to see Chic. they may as well give their ticket to someone else if thats the case. happiest band in the world.
    i've no intention of going. their stage show has been the same for 5+ years, and is so choreographed and rehearsed that it's not really worth seeing again.
    there'll be far better acts on at the same time no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

Creeby wrote: »
    Kaytranada, Flume and Sbtrkt.. Seems like there's an inevitable clash there :(

Not overly familiar with Kaytranada but SBTRKT seem to be absolutely brilliant live. I'll be happy just to see them, Flume and Reid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Won't be making the trip down myself this year didn't manage to get a ticket in time, however if there's anyone down there who has to leave before the Sunday night for any reason I'd be only delighted if I could use their wristband to see Outkast. Long shot I know but has to be worth a go :p

if you hang around the gates, you'll definitely meet plenty of people leaving around 9pm who might give it to you.

e: actually a bit way from the gates, maybe in the carpark is a better bet, in case security see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

MattD wrote: »

I didn't hear The Minutes interview that has led to this speculation that they're playing the EA on Sunday night, but others I've spoken to said they thought they said that they were clashing with Mogwai who were playing the EA at the same time. I'd assume if The Minutes were closing a stage it'd be something like the Rankin Woods Stage

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Mogwai are definitely headlining the EA on Sunday night, straight from Stuart Braithwaite's mouth (or at least a reply I got on twitter). I'm thinking it'll be a Slowdive>St Vincent>Mogwai EA on Sunday.

that would be some run of a sunday evening!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭paulbok

murdog! wrote: »
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally/long.html

Would be over the moon if this is still valid on Friday

This from Accuweather for the weekend.

From now until then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Dyaso wrote: »
    I havnt cycled a bike in about 15 years and havnt had much of a chance to train. So should be an experience alright! I just got an email back off them regarding the bags and they are strickly saying only 1! There is no chance I will be able to fit everything!

I cycled two years back and had not trained much. Take it at your pace you'll be grand :-) I went for a hot tub with mates who also tool part in the cycle on the Saturday really helped the sore muscles. I might have one of them every day actually :-) nice way to relax and refresh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Yeah no problem with them in the campsite.

I am planning on getting one of the really small ones and hiding it. I want tea in the morning :o

Actually these ones are allowed in the campsite:

Might see what the price of some of those are. Don't need anything big.

Going from previous years you're allowed to bring cookers/BBQ's, but only allowed use in designated areas.

I saw St VIncent, Mogwai and Slowdive already this year at Primavera in POrto but am still torn about clashes with Beck. All 3 were in fine form. Damn clashes

Caught St. Vincent in the Olympia earlier in the year, was quite the show. Beck i can't miss on general principle!

Hopefully Annie has a 7pm slot in the EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So am I correct in saying the big stages left to be announced are Rankins Wood, Electric Arena and the Little Big Tent? Still a hell of a lot of electronic artists and DJs to fill them stages; SBTRKT, Hercules & Love Affair, James Murphy, Duke Dumont, Flume, Kaytranda, Bicep, Annie Mac, **** Robot, Krystal Klear.. I wonder will the majority of them go somewhere like the LBT and then leave the Electric Arena for acts such as Kelis, 1975, Clean Bandit etc.

Not too many clashes I'm worried about so far but there are bound to be a few with all the good acts that are playing!

roll wrote: »
    that would be some run of a sunday evening!:eek::eek:

Throw Beck into the mix there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Longest. Week. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

Meangadh wrote: »
    Longest. Week. Ever.

How it's only Tuesday I do not know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Wild Beasts on quite early is the only thing that stands out to me as an issue.

Le Galaxie -> chic -> rave in the woods could make for an epic finish to saturday!

Yea i really hope Chic and Le Galaxie dont clash

RSAG SET TIME FOR Electric Picnic: 10PM SATURDAY AT THE ELECTRIC SIDESHOW TENT!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

paulbok wrote: »
    This from Accuweather for the weekend.

From now until then

Meanwhile, metcheck are losing the run of themselves altogether.. "Feels like" 23 degrees on Sunday, according to them... https://www.metcheck.com/EUROPE/city_forecast_7days.asp?locationID=17547&CountryCode=IE&Location=Portlaoise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

Meangadh wrote: »
    Longest. Week. Ever.

J'agree.

Also, I broke my toe over the weekend and it's killing the bejeesus out of me. So much pain. Have to test it tomorrow or Thursday to make sure I can manage in wellies. If you see a guy teetering in the mud on Saturday before comically falling over face first, please help him up.

Though I just realised that could apply to most of the attendees. I'll wear a pink hat so you know it's me and that I am deserving of your aid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement