Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Dowdy wrote: »
    Meanwhile, metcheck are losing the run of themselves altogether.. "Feels like" 23 degrees on Sunday, according to them... https://www.metcheck.com/EUROPE/city_forecast_7days.asp?locationID=17547&CountryCode=IE&Location=Portlaoise

Will feel like 23 degrees with the alcohol sweats I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

everlast75 wrote: »
    Will feel like 23 degrees with the alcohol sweats I reckon!

Jaysus, met.ie has an alright forecast too http://www.met.ie/forecasts/county_mm.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Dowdy wrote: »
    Meanwhile, metcheck are losing the run of themselves altogether.. "Feels like" 23 degrees on Sunday, according to them... https://www.metcheck.com/EUROPE/city_forecast_7days.asp?locationID=17547&CountryCode=IE&Location=Portlaoise

Ive noticed that since they started the day tickets on Sunday, these people seem to get dry days. Coming in all clean and smug. Feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Dominya wrote: »
    Jaysus, met.ie has an alright forecast too http://www.met.ie/forecasts/county_mm.asp

It's all coming up Millhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 21 baallbag

Is everyone forgetting about Omar Souleyman, saw him at a melt festival this year, highlight of my weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hope Temples are on Saturday, don't mind missing anyone there for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

baallbag wrote: »
    Is everyone forgetting about Omar Souleyman, saw him at a melt festival this year, highlight of my weekend

i was at Melt last year. took the Melt Mixery train there. best weekend ever. def going back

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

baallbag wrote: »

He's on my list. Have always heard great things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 baallbag

garrkell wrote: »
    i was at Melt last year. took the Melt Mixery train there. best weekend ever. def going back

Was on it this year! Hands down one of the best festivals in Europe, has a ridiculously good line up

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Hope Temples are on Saturday, don't mind missing anyone there for them.
    They're on the Sunday sadly :( Friday looks very bare, Foals the only mainstage act I would have any interest in seeing then. Lets hope the other stages are opened and its not like last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Friday and Saturday look quite bare so.
    Beck, OutKast, Rustie, St Vincent, Mogwai, Temples, Slowdive...that day's gonna be some cluster**** of clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I imagine the site is a bit of a washout at this stage? Might actually sell my ticket. It would be the first time in 11 years I don't go...!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

just home from leeds fest, the prospect of another festival is daunting

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Tusky wrote: »
    I imagine the site is a bit of a washout at this stage? Might actually sell my ticket. It would be the first time in 11 years I don't go...!

Talk about jumping to conclusions. T'was only a misting of rain, pair of wellies and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mr.S wrote: »
    Very muddy, trucks aren't helping!

Chin up people - there's good drainage there and sure even if it is wet, if you have wellies and rain gear you'll be grand.

Keep positive people :):):)

"It's beginning to look a lot like the Picnic"...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Very muddy, trucks aren't helping!

We live in Ireland folks. Always assume a wet festival, bring the right clothes & boots and if its not muddy & wet (or even sunny :eek:) then its a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

youre selling cause of a bit of rain :rolleyes:

man up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

You is well mental.

Hoody, poncho, wellies, and dry socks in the car. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Once my tent stays dry, I couldn't care less what the weather is like at the end of the day. Bring enough spare clothes and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭hometruths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

schmittel wrote: »
    pictures from Trailer park:

They're mad hanging their clothes out. Sure there's no drying in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I think we're looking at the scaled back Friday this year again. Last year Sh!t robot and Giorgio Moroder were set to play the EA on Friday too, so we could see something like Bicep/robot - Duke Dumont/Annie Mac?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 Vinden Lillage

Saw from the coverage on BBC three that SBTRKT didn't have Samphra performing with him and setlist was quite different to his previous shows, didnt even play Hold on. Hope this isnt the case for ep as I think Samphra makes his set twice as good, hopefully he'll be on stage with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

putting up the tent might just be the biggest issue-looks quare windy on friday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Saw from the coverage on BBC three that SBTRKT didn't have Samphra performing with him and setlist was quite different to his previous shows, didnt even play Hold on. Hope this isnt the case for ep as I think Samphra makes his set twice as good, hopefully he'll be on stage with him.
    i would imagine he'll have Sampha with him. it's a complete waste of time and money booking Sampha for a DJ set on his own otherwise...

Hold On and a few more were in the setlist a few weeks back:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sbtrkt/2014/passeio-maritimo-de-alges-oeiras-portugal-43c1dfa7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

MattD wrote: »
    I think we're looking at the scaled back Friday this year again. Last year Sh!t robot and Giorgio Moroder were set to play the EA on Friday too, so we could see something like Bicep/robot - Duke Dumont/Annie Mac?

Duke Dumont is sunday, confirmed on his website & Annie Mac is on saturday, confirmed on website! Can't wait to see them, just watched them both on you tube in Ibiza a few weeks back! Hurry up Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Fair enough :o

But yeah, could still have a cool electro/dance combo for Friday EA!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

MattD wrote: »
    Fair enough :o

But yeah, could still have a cool electro/dance combo for Friday EA!

Perhaps flume? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

For anyone using the Android App:

The Main stage and RBMA were added to the clashfinder earlier.

HOWEVER … Someone changed the "print advisory flag" on clashfinder to "1" which should indicate a final timetable. It has now been changed back to "3".

The app uses this flag if you are using auto-update. So basically if you updated while the flag was set to 1, the app thinks the timetable is final and will not auto-update anymore.

If this is happening, you will need to go to Tools->Reload Data in order to get back to level 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

For anyone using the Android App:

The Main stage and RBMA were added to the clashfinder earlier.

HOWEVER … Someone changed the "print advisory flag" on clashfinder to "1" which should indicate a final timetable. It has now been changed back to "3".

The app uses this flag if you are using auto-update. So basically if you updated while the flag was set to 1, the app thinks the timetable is final and will not auto-update anymore.

If this is happening, you will need to go to Tools->Reload Data in order to get back to level 3.

Superb app TYVM :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement