Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

just home from leeds fest, the prospect of another festival is daunting

Rest & sleep, lots of vitamins, good food, refuel the body and you will be fine. Take a slow start to the weekend.
    I take a screenshot of each days itinerary and then each day set the appropriate shot as my phone wallpaper.
    Makes it super simples.

Me likey this idea. I shall be doing that.
    nmg_ire wrote: »
    Will Lanards they sell on site have all stages and times covered?
    As i'm looking at clashfinder here an its only now that you get the feel of how many stages there actually are?

First timer by the way

They are so many stages that the lanyard would be a book around your neck if they printed them all.
    The major tents, Salty Dog, Main stage, RBMA are probably all that will be on the lanyard. Who knows.

Your best bet is to print of the three days of Clashfinder on Friday morning before leaving for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Your best bet is to print of the three days of Clashfinder on Friday morning before leaving for EP.

Yeah think might be the best idea an highlight the ones you dont want to miss.
    dont want to depend on the phone and want all stages as hopefully stumble across as few acts i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Ah lads.... I've just discovered Girl Band. Holy ****ing christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Yeah think might be the best idea an highlight the ones you dont want to miss.
    dont want to depend on the phone and want all stages as hopefully stumble across as few acts i dont know

You can just highlight them on clashfinder before you print. You can even do multiple highlights, one for you, one for your better half, one for your mother.. then you can see where your family and friends are also going ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Anyone know if there's a mini-bus running to Carlow late at night? Too old and refined for camping so trying to figure out ways of not having to drive. Or any recommendations of someone who might do a good deal on 3 round trips from Carlow, picking up each night around 2-3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Dowdy wrote: »

clashing with Foals for me unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

First clash. Beck and David O'Doherty.

Booo

Have they announced the comedy tent times?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Foals are my number 1 must see. I'd give them 3 hours if I could :o

Hope they play a good mix of the 1st two albums rather then all Holy Fire.

Two Steps, Twice is a must!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

They did at the Olympia during the year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Other Voices
    The first few of our Other Voices family have made their way to Stradbally and are hard at work, giving our leafy clearing the OV treatment. Hearts taking pride of place, of course!

10577205_10152619258850428_2263242527594198155_n.jpg?oh=d224564d8f64241ab6eaded034e9a5e3&oe=546E947D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

clashing with Foals for me unfortunately.

Foals leave me completely cold, I must say. Gave each album a chance but nothing clicked. Just not for me.

Those screamy young Dublin lads of Girl Band, however, sound like something I've been waiting twenty years to hear. 'Lawman' is mindblowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PBB

Setlist.fm seems to indicate a good mix from all 3 albums in their festival set list... given they're scheduled for a good 1 1/4, we might even see more than the 11-12 tracks listed in most of their summer appearances to date... Two Steps making plenty of appearances as well

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Weather really is starting to look like it's going to be poxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Where you getting that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

??????? Good or Bad
    Anyone know if there's a mini-bus running to Carlow late at night? Too old and refined for camping so trying to figure out ways of not having to drive. Or any recommendations of someone who might do a good deal on 3 round trips from Carlow, picking up each night around 2-3?

Haven't decided yet if camping. I may or not be going over and back each day.

Taxi driver I know charges reduced rate of 25 euro back to Carlow. If you got a bus over - it wouldn't be that bad.

I am refusing to look at weather forecasts. They really have no idea what is going on. It is ranging from the poxy to heatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Huh? If anything the weather forecasts have been improving since the original outlook this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Huh? If anything the weather forecasts have been improving since the original outlook this week.

Maybe he's a duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

srm23 wrote: »
    anyone recommend any DJs to check out from Casa Bacardi or Rave in the woods before hand on spotify?

I'd be into Flume, Disclosure that kind of stuff if there's anything similar!

cheers

Kyrstal Klear, Annie Mac, Kaytranada, Ejeca, The 2 Bears, Dimitri from Paris all might be ones you'd like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Foals are a fantastic live act. Saw them twice this year and the sets are a great mix of all three albums, even though I think Holy Fire is their best so far!

• Advertisement

Here in Kildare its a lovely day. Sun is out , there were a few dark clouds earlier but nothing came of them. Its not as warm as it was for most of the summer but still nice.

Bacardi
    Our recreation of the Edificio de Bacardí is really starting to take shape. Here's another sneak peek ‪#‎CasaBacardí‬

10537967_341969039295171_236091946072731757_o.jpg

10479041_341969035961838_1389237875012754833_o.jpg

10551626_341969042628504_2426576939144669009_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

The ground doesn't look that bad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Kyrstal Klear, Annie Mac, Kaytranada, Ejeca, The 2 Bears, Dimitri from Paris all might be ones you'd like!

probably would like Metronomy too?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

2 days! my god the excitement is building, anyone know what the story is with bringing gazebo's in? Bought a pop up one out of Halfords and planning on bringing with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Rx713B wrote: »
    2 days! my god the excitement is building, anyone know what the story is with bringing gazebo's in? Bought a pop up one out of Halfords and planning on bringing with ?

We're going to have one, never had any problems with them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Rx713B wrote: »

There were a few about last year so it shouldn't be an issue as long as you get there in enough time to find a spot for them!

Already a clash for me, Girl Band and Foals. :( Will be choosing Foals for sure but was looking forward to seeing Girl Band. Glass Animals and Outkast clashing too but since Glass Animals are listed on both the Body & Soul and general sections of the line up will that mean they might play a tent somewhere as well?

I was thinking about a gazebo myself just for the reason it would stop people camping on the communal area ha.

Cathey Davey on the Rankin Woods Stage on Saturday at 5.10

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Met Éireannn and MT Cranium both predict showers on Friday morning before clear weather till followed by clear weather till Sunday. Sunday might have a few showers but it's not looking disastrous by any means.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tickets back on sale on TM

They have been since about 3pm anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Those screamy young Dublin lads of Girl Band, however, sound like something I've been waiting twenty years to hear. 'Lawman' is mindblowing.
    Thought it was just a load of wailing to be honest. Nothing you wouldn't have heard on any old band demo in the 90s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement