Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

There is one just a the salty dog , it isn't that far to be honest. it thru the woods, you have 2 levels of security to get thru to get into pink moon. There is an entrance but it is for security etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Ha I know what ya mean but I'm sure they've them numbered.
    Going be such a long walk from there to the stages :-)

Now when I say that I assume there's a direct entrance to the arena from pink moon????

there wasn't last year, exit pink moon, short trot on path to the entrance at salty dog, 5-10 mins from tent depending on queues into main arena

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dunno really depends what size, check out pink moon site, 2 man i'm sharing 175

I did, it redirected me to the EP site which in turn redirected me to the PM site which in turn..........

I remember checking prices out when tickets went on sale initially but couldn't remember the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

BaZmO* wrote: »
    "Where are you staying?"
    "I'm staying in the blue tent, you can't miss it"
    "Cool, I'll meet you there later"

Compared to "Cool I'm in the Hendrix site, near the dead looking tree, a blue Halfords tent! You can't miss it!" ;)
    And yes I actually have given those exact directions in the past :)

Snarky Snark Snark

Can't believe Portishead are on so late on the main stage, they're horrendous :)

It really is the perfect time for them, will be slightly drunk at that point

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I did, it redirected me to the EP site which in turn redirected me to the PM site which in turn..........

I remember checking prices out when tickets went on sale initially but couldn't remember the prices.
    Strange I got straight to catalogue page on pink moon there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

What's the advantage behind it? 175 seems ridiculously expensive to rent a tent for 3 nights!

Eod100 wrote: »
    What's the advantage behind it? 175 seems ridiculously expensive to rent a tent for 3 nights!

Hot showers, clean toilets, security(no thieves) no loudness at night, it is clean, works out less than 30 quid a night. It mostly older crowd like myself who need some sleep. It's sold out so obviously its of an advantage to those who booked it.

and you don't have to set up and carry a tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Watched a YouTube video of the Pet Shop Boys live last year. (apparently Im too new to post URLs... Really? Whatever about embedding but...) Are they still doing the same show? If that's the case, I can totally see why they're headlining Friday. Quite the spectacle.

I'm not alone in thinking that all their music sounds the same though, am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Watched a YouTube video of the Pet Shop Boys live last year. (apparently Im too new to post URLs... Really? Whatever about embedding but...) Are they still doing the same show? If that's the case, I can totally see why they're headlining Friday. Quite the spectacle.

I'm not alone in thinking that all their music sounds the same though, am I?

the live vocals are dreadful :(

still a spectacle though, will be good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Compared to "Cool I'm in the Hendrix site, near the dead looking tree, a blue Halfords tent! You can't miss it!" ;)
    And yes I actually have given those exact directions in the past :)

Thats pretty much the exact directions I give out every year. Swing by for tae & fig rolls*

*I may not actually have tae & fig rolls but alternatives may be on offer

Snarky Snark Snark

Fig rolls, i must get a packet or two of fig rolls

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

I thought chvrches were supposed to be at ep this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

slaneylad wrote: »
    I thought chvrches were supposed to be at ep this year?

Nah, that was Longitude. They played last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Quick question...Whats the latest you have arrived on Friday and got a good camping spot in the last few years? Not in hendrix btw. Is anybody stuck working the friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭paulbok

Aldi have some equipment suitable for a festival. They have moon camping chairs, and lots of gear designated for fishing. Picked up a pair of yard boots for €15, like wellies on the bottom half up to ankle height and zipped canvas up to boot height. Padded inside so feels comfy. They also have cheap fleeces and light running waterproofs. Lanterns and lights as well.

* not affiliated to Aldi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Lekrub wrote: »
    Quick question...Whats the latest you have arrived on Friday and got a good camping spot in the last few years? Not in hendrix btw. Is anybody stuck working the friday?

I got in at like two o'clock last year got an ok spot in Wilde. I would try get in before three if you can, it will be packed by then! If you wont get in till late try ask others you know to keep you a spot. We have a friend whose working till 12 on the friday about 10 mins away, so we have to try our best and keep him a spot! Dunno how thats gonna fair out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

so does anyone know where little green cars are playing? or what day even?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Wife is asking me about how to book the pamper palace, if anyone has any ideas ??

Oh and we are staying in Pink Moon, 4 man tent with festival package was €480. Hot individual showers, clean toilets, security and quiet. I've done all the Witness/ most of the oxygens, so at this slightly older/wiser stage paying the extra few quid is well worth it in my book..
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Friday on the Other Voices stage in the woods, in between Salty Dog and the RBMA. That's all we know, and all we're likely to know until they're actually on the stage as it'll be showcased as an intimate, spontaneous performance.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

cool thanks!

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Wife is asking me about how to book the pamper palace, if anyone has any ideas ??

Oh and we are staying in Pink Moon, 4 man tent with festival package was €480. Hot individual showers, clean toilets, security and quiet. I've done all the Witness/ most of the oxygens, so at this slightly older/wiser stage paying the extra few quid is well worth it in my book..
    G

Bad news, pamper palace isnt going to be there this year, they announced that a few weeks ago on their fb page. Dont know if another company took their place. If it helps, she can do what I did: travel mirror €10, cordless gas powered straighteners €25 in argos. That, dry shampoo and a decent hat should see her through

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ha snap beansybeansy! That's what I'm doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Pamper palace wont be there this year. Seen a status on their facebook page recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Bad news, pamper palace isnt going to be there this year, they announced that a few weeks ago on their fb page. Dont know if another company took their place. If it helps, she can do what I did: travel mirror €10, cordless gas powered straighteners €25 in argos. That, dry shampoo and a decent hat should see her through

That was announced alright but on the sitemap there's a "Pink Pamper" listed, with no information about it to be found anywhere. I presume it's a similar thing from a different company. I was going to ask the same question of people here too actually, if anyone knew anything about it.

There's also Nivea showers on the map and I don't think I've seen anything about them yet either. My guess is that they'll be fancier/more solitary showers than the prison delousing scenario in the communal ones.

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Ha snap beansybeansy! That's what I'm doing.

The things we do to prevent the frizzy Mrs Doyle look

Dowdy wrote: »
    That was announced alright but on the sitemap there's a "Pink Pamper" listed, with no information about it to be found anywhere. I presume it's a similar thing from a different company. I was going to ask the same question of people here too actually, if anyone knew anything about it.

There's also Nivea showers on the map and I don't think I've seen anything about them yet either. My guess is that they'll be fancier/more solitary showers than the prison delousing scenario in the communal ones.

Saw the pink pamper but couldnt find any FB/twitter or online presence. The old place never took bookings but as veteran they always sorted me out. With 41000 this year, im taking no chances. See my previous posts. Always best to be self sufficient ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Dunno really depends what size, check out pink moon site, 2 man i'm sharing 175

you reckon one of those 2 man would be alright for 2 blokes??
    generally ive found a 2 man just fits one and their bag!
    anyone experience of a 2 man from pink moon?

also is there much craic there or all quite?
    tempted by this as just going with my bro and
    chances of losin each other in jimmy Hendrix high!!

Edit: one more question can you bring any mates into the area for cans or just the 2 staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

G

The good news for her indoors.....
    Facilities
    We have endeavoured to provide hot showers and toilets fit for our guests. Please remember that showers are busiest in the morning so try popping back in the afternoon. Our facilities include a pamper parlour . There will be mirrors, hair dryers and straighteners for our customers to use. There will be places to get breakfast and a bite to eat within our hospitality Garden.

http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/experience.asp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

srm23 wrote: »
    you reckon one of those 2 man would be alright for 2 blokes??
    generally ive found a 2 man just fits one and their bag!
    anyone experience of a 2 man from pink moon?

also is there much craic there or all quite?
    tempted by this as just going with my bro and
    chances of losin each other in jimmy Hendrix high!!

If possible id go for a 4 man tent . You will have plenty of space for both of ye and bags etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement