Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

If possible id go for a 4 man tent . You will have plenty of space for both of ye and bags etc

none left just the 2 man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Can't believe Portishead are on so late on the main stage, they're horrendous :)

You surely taking the p1ss, no? If not, I'll pray to the music Gods for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

srm23 wrote: »
    you reckon one of those 2 man would be alright for 2 blokes??
    generally ive found a 2 man just fits one and their bag!
    anyone experience of a 2 man from pink moon?

Bingo, you would either want to be two very small blokes or two blokes who are very comfortable in small spaces.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

none left just the 2 man!

Ah fair enough . would you think about getting 2 X 2 man tents?

EDIT: Only realised you were talking about pink moon 2 man tents , Nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

This is my first year going to EP, is there much difference between the campsites regarding levels of noise/potential disruption?!

• Advertisement

Ah fair enough . would you think about getting 2 X 2 man tents?

EDIT: Only realised you were talking about pink moon 2 man tents , Nevermind

my bro is just a student so wouldn't be paying extra for the comfort - I would have paid 200e for a 4 man myself, but wouldn't spring 400 for 2 x 2mans!

kind of cautious cause last time there few years ago went with big group so had the big circle of tents with area for drinking in the middle - where as this time we'll have two small 2 mans so worried getting no space and trampled!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

This is my first year going to EP, is there much difference between the campsites regarding levels of noise/potential disruption?!

Some will claim there is but really there all the same, it's down to luck and your new neighbors.

Religiously camp in Hendrix myself, always found it grand (Apart from a group of about x30 post leaving certs last year, who thought it would be cool to sing the national anthem over and over all weekend!!) when I leave Hendrix and pass through another camp site I'm thinking "Jeez glad I'm not camped in this kip" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

That Android app posted earlier is absolutely fabulous. 100% recommend, even just to sort your weekend on paper its delightfully easy.

my bro is just a student so wouldn't be paying extra for the comfort - I would have paid 200e for a 4 man myself, but wouldn't spring 400 for 2 x 2mans!

kind of cautious cause last time there few years ago went with big group so had the big circle of tents with area for drinking in the middle - where as this time we'll have two small 2 mans so worried getting no space and trampled!! :eek:

Yea my plan is there are a few of us going so wanna have a social area but we are afraid we will come back and some sap will have put a tent in our social area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

In terms of noise/disruption; you will guarantee that in hendrix, a little less in wilde and close to none in warhol from my previous experience.

• Advertisement

Yea my plan is there are a few of us going so wanna have a social area but we are afraid we will come back and some sap will have put a tent in our social area

We walked away fro 15 mins last year and that exact thing happen to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

Just had a look at clashfinder, and it's updating nicely,

Full Comedy lineup is already on there, which I had not realised was released.

Should be ready to print by Thursday morning hopefully

We walked away fro 15 mins last year and that exact thing happen to us!

It happened to us aswell , but i was lucky that i knew them. Forgot they were camping near us ha. Thats why i would love to pick up a really cheap gazebo for that reason

It happened to us aswell , but i was lucky that i knew them. Forgot they were camping near us ha. Thats why i would love to pick up a really cheap gazebo for that reason

Its a must, especially if its raining!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

you reckon one of those 2 man would be alright for 2 blokes??
    generally ive found a 2 man just fits one and their bag!
    anyone experience of a 2 man from pink moon?

also is there much craic there or all quite?
    tempted by this as just going with my bro and
    chances of losin each other in jimmy Hendrix high!!

Edit: one more question can you bring any mates into the area for cans or just the 2 staying?

As far as I know, it's only the people staying in Pink Moon can get in

Put something down in the middle or let people know! its not always obvious. Had the tent practically pitched one year and this Cork lad came up asking us not to camp there!! "we were like, are you serious!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

It's definitely only people staying there that can get it. One of the benefits of paying extra. Gets rid of a lot of messing.

Pink moon I meant to say.

Its a must, especially if its raining!

Well if i did get one it would be a very cheap one with no proper sides on it ha

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Put something down in the middle or let people know! its not always obvious. Had the tent practically pitched one year and this Cork lad came up asking us not to camp there!! "we were like, are you serious!!"

True but when you are not near the campsite , a lot of people would just move what ever was in the way and just camp there. Unless we position the tents in a way so we get the communal area but no other room for more tents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Cheers for the replies. So ideally arrive 12-2pm. After that its tent-space-saving-time for the late working friends. Need to get some of that new foam spray from the world cup to mark it out!

• Advertisement

Lekrub wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies. So ideally arrive 12-2pm. After that its tent-space-saving-time for the late working friends. Need to get some of that new foam spray from the world cup to mark it out!

It depends how many tents, if its just one then time isn't that important, I reckon you would still get a 'good spot' on Friday evening.

If its 2,3-4 tents then I think 12 might be a bit late. And BTW your head will be melted trying to keep a large amount of free space, if possible try and take all the tents and just roll them out in the spaces you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

hey yall , what are peoples thoughts on bringing all your camping gear bags etc in a wheelie bin , would they allow it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

Totally with those who are staying in pink moon. I wouldn't camp in regular campsite at EP anymore. No way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If its 2,3-4 tents then I think 12 might be a bit late. And BTW your head will be melted trying to keep a large amount of free space, if possible try and take all the tents and just roll them out in the spaces you want.

That's a simple but great idea of just rolling the tent out instead throwing random crap around the spot. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

jones 19 wrote: »
    hey yall , what are peoples thoughts on bringing all your camping gear bags etc in a wheelie bin , would they allow it ?
    yeah, have seen people with them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

yeah, have seen people with them before.

nice one.

fits wrote: »
    Totally with those who are staying in pink moon. I wouldn't camp in regular campsite at EP anymore. No way.

why you say that? are you goin with other half or group of mates

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

why you say that? are you goin with other half or group of mates

I was at first ep in 2004. Sleeping in tents in general doesn't agree with me anymore. Back cant take it at all. I'm not camping at all but if I were id be going for the posh option. ten years ago it was a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

So lads, how bad exactly is the vandalism and robbery?
    Some people make it out to be seriously bad and others have never seen a thing.

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    I was at first ep in 2004. Sleeping in tents in general doesn't agree with me anymore. Back cant take it at all. I'm not camping at all but if I were id be going for the posh option. ten years ago it was a different story.

yeah im tempted by it alright! just worried on missing the craic out in the normal campsites - also was planning booking my cans to collect there so need to trek to jimmy Hendrix then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement