Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

srm23 wrote: »
    you reckon one of those 2 man would be alright for 2 blokes??
    generally ive found a 2 man just fits one and their bag!
    anyone experience of a 2 man from pink moon?

also is there much craic there or all quite?
    tempted by this as just going with my bro and
    chances of losin each other in jimmy Hendrix high!!

Edit: one more question can you bring any mates into the area for cans or just the 2 staying?

They are big enought(actually 3 man) you have craic with your mates not same buzz as regular campsite persay but if your "a craic merchant, you attract the craic" that what I say!!

you reckon one of those 2 man would be alright for 2 blokes??
    generally ive found a 2 man just fits one and their bag!
    anyone experience of a 2 man from pink moon?

also is there much craic there or all quite?
    tempted by this as just going with my bro and
    chances of losin each other in jimmy Hendrix high!!

Edit: one more question can you bring any mates into the area for cans or just the 2 staying?

Officially no But one year i just commuted from portlaoise everyday and I managed to get past security....every day, 2 times a day. :cool::D

If possible id go for a 4 man tent . You will have plenty of space for both of ye and bags etc

Don't man , in Pink moon the 2 man's are huge

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    It depends how many tents, if its just one then time isn't that important, I reckon you would still get a 'good spot' on Friday evening.

If its 2,3-4 tents then I think 12 might be a bit late. And BTW your head will be melted trying to keep a large amount of free space, if possible try and take all the tents and just roll them out in the spaces you want.

I was thinking about bringing a black sack or 2 and just pegging them down when we leave ha

Also the Minutes must have been given the wrong details because according to bandsintown they are on at 11pm on the Rankin Woods stage which makes a lot more sense.
    The Minutes

Electric Picnic
    Stradbally, Co Laois
    County Laois, Ireland
    Rankins Wood Stage - 11pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

anyone recommend any DJs to check out from Casa Bacardi or Rave in the woods before hand on spotify?

I'd be into Flume, Disclosure that kind of stuff if there's anything similar!

cheers

Get down edits are pretty funky bunch in fairness to them

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

Any hard rock bands playing? i've had a brief listen to mogwai but is there any big dirty sounding guitar bands at this? or some funk even?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

NickMondo wrote: »
    Any hard rock bands playing? i've had a brief listen to mogwai but is there any big dirty sounding guitar bands at this? or some funk even?

Check out White Denim and Drenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

Catmologen wrote: »
    Check out White Denim and Drenge.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Any chance you'd have a pic? I was in there looking at torches today and you know with that shop there's so many hit and miss products I ended up not buying one.

24_LED_Round_LED_light_work_light.jpg

Pretty much exactly like that. They've ones with hooks and ones without. The hook ones are handy for inside the tent. You'll need to buy AAA batteries to run them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Cheers

Check out Wolf Alice and Girl Band too.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

murdog! wrote: »
    Yep, looks like its sold out again!

Thanks for the tip earlier lads. Trying to get a tic for a mate 2 weeks now and everyone was charging over the odds. Just got one before it sold out again bout ten to six. Delighted with life !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

gaffolino wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip earlier lads. Trying to get a tic for a mate 2 weeks now and everyone was charging over the odds. Just got one before it sold out again bout ten to six. Delighted with life !

A friend grabbed one also on TM earlier, and he's absolutely delighted, we had been looking on ebay and they are cheaper than I thought they would be. With the sold out status, I thought they would be going for big money, but another friend got one for 275, which is not that much over the odds, think I paid around 240ish and there seems to be no shortage of them either, which is good for those who want to go badly.

Great to hear those who snagged those tickets that went on TM, must be a relief to get sorted.

Any lineup updates on Other Voices Stage??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Dominya wrote: »
    So lads, how bad exactly is the vandalism and robbery?
    Some people make it out to be seriously bad and others have never seen a thing.

This year is my third year and I've only ever heard or seen of silly things been robbed like folding chairs, flags or the odd hat taken off someone's head! Don't bring anything you can't afford to loose, like iPhones, fancy cameras and such

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Bad news, pamper palace isnt going to be there this year, they announced that a few weeks ago on their fb page. Dont know if another company took their place. If it helps, she can do what I did: travel mirror €10, cordless gas powered straighteners €25 in argos. That, dry shampoo and a decent hat should see her through

because of your tip the other beansey there is now alot of happy ladies in our group. Picked up a straightner today. Theres even talk of ditching the hats

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

gaffolino wrote: »
    because of your tip the other beansey there is now alot of happy ladies in our group. Picked up a straightner today. Theres even talk of ditching the hats
    Could never go to a festival without a hat. But then I have fery unpredictable hair. A cross between Russell Brand & Mrs Doyle when I have no access to straighteners.

Wish herself the good graces of the hair gods

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

anyone like to speculate who some of the 'special guests' & TBC's might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Dominya wrote: »
    So lads, how bad exactly is the vandalism and robbery?
    Some people make it out to be seriously bad and others have never seen a thing.

I've been to six Picnics and have never had any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

foolelle wrote: »

Shocker if Imelda May was announced!!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Shocker if Imelda May was announced!!

was or wasn't?

Never seen her tbh but that song off RTE is killing me at the min so not sure id be bothered, although I hear decent enough things...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

jaysus I really hope the weather is alright-would rather be able to flake out in the grass and watch bands in the afternoon that have to stand-first world problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Rewind83 wrote: »
    jaysus I really hope the weather is alright-would rather be able to flake out in the grass and watch bands in the afternoon that have to stand-first world problems!

One of the best parts of the picnic is being sprawled out on the grass listening to Dublin gospel choir!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

foolelle wrote: »

Well... Kate Bush is on a roll now, and what with the regular Ryanair service...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

For the Android App:

BUG WARNING: If you add to Itinerary or Reminders some of the clashfinder acts that have not guaranteed start and end times (e.g at the moment The Minutes and Cathy Davey) REMOVE THEM and wait for the stage times to stabilise (official times tomorrow morning in the irish times?).

If you have these added and those times change then the app will not start again.. you will need to either uninstall and reinstall… or remove data from System Settings->Apps. You will then need a network connection to start again and you will have lost your itinerary and reminders.

In short, remove those acts until the stage times are finalised.

Sorry about the potentially nasty bug.

alastair wrote: »
    Well... Kate Bush is on a roll now, and what with the regular Ryanair service...

unless there is going to be a guest slot in the EA I doubt it, surely she wouldnt play somewhere like the B&S main stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Meangadh wrote: »
    24_LED_Round_LED_light_work_light.jpg

Pretty much exactly like that. They've ones with hooks and ones without. The hook ones are handy for inside the tent. You'll need to buy AAA batteries to run them.
    They look like they'd be the job for grinding up your herbal accompaniments as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

They look like they'd be the job for grinding up your herbal accompaniments as well.

I thought they were grinders too!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

If anyone is still looking for wellies Heatons have them for 14 euro, I ordered them online and got them for 11.20 (left them in my basket for a day or so then a discount was implemented) then went and collected them, could be a bit late for that option due to it taking a few days for the order to go through but still 14 quid in store aint bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

If anyone is still looking for wellies Heatons have them for 14 euro, I ordered them online and got them for 11.20 (left them in my basket for a day or so then a discount was implemented) then went and collected them, could be a bit late for that option due to it taking a few days for the order to go through but still 14 quid in store aint bad!

3 long, long days in wellies is a killer, get boots, and good double lined socks.
    Shoezone have perfectly fine boots for 20 Euro, Tesco have double lined, blister resistant socks for 5 Euro, for 2 pairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement