Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

fafy wrote: »
    3 long, long days in wellies is a killer, get boots, and good double lined socks.
    Shoezone have perfectly fine boots for 20 Euro, Tesco have double lined, blister resistant socks for 5 Euro, for 2 pairs.

How would boots hold up against the mud? Any link to those boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Dyaso wrote: »
    I havnt cycled a bike in about 15 years and havnt had much of a chance to train. So should be an experience alright! I just got an email back off them regarding the bags and they are strickly saying only 1! There is no chance I will be able to fit everything!

There's no way people are going to turn up with just 1 bag, the bag notification is at the very bottom of the email so say some people would've missed it! Hope they're not too strict if it's good and neat anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Electric Arena

Friday

10pm-12pm: James Murphy

Saturday

12.30pm-1.45am: SBTRKT
    11pm-12pm: James Vincent McMorrow
    9.30pm-10.30pm: London Grammar
    8pm-9pm: Metronomy
    6.30pm-7.15pm: Clean Bandit
    4.45pm-5.30pm: We Cut Corners
    3.15pm-4pm: Raglans
    1.45pm-2.30pm: Daniel James

Sunday

10.30pm-12am: Mogwai
    8.30pm-9.45pm: Hercules & Love Affair
    7pm-8pm: St Vincent
    5.30pm-6.30pm: The 1975
    4.15pm-5pm: Laura Mvula
    3pm-3.45pm: Ham Sandwich
    1.45pm-2.30pm: Nick Mulvey
    12.30pm-1.15pm:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

St Vincent > Beck > Mogwai/Outkast. Nice one Festival Republic. Finally get to see Metronomy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

No clashes for me yet! Phew!!

James Murphy was completly jammers two years ago in a Sunday night competing with headliners, god knows what it will be like this Friday

Oooh goosebumps when I said this Friday!!!!!

Edit: just realised flume and kaytranada have yet to be added:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

So happy with the lack of a St. Vincent/Beck clash. Great news. Sunday is looking like one serious day of music at this stage.

Some odd choices there though. McMorrow playing that late on a Saturday night in the tent seems a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Im just happy that I can see St Vincent and Beck, I wouldn't have been able to choose. James Murphy in the EA should be ok for a crowd. Its a pretty huge tent compared to the little big tent he packed out 2 years ago. Get down 20mins before and will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yeah gonna have to get down early to James Murphy if say. What's the capacity like of the stage he's playing? Plenty of space or a bit cramped? Never been to ep!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

D.Q wrote: »
    Yeah gonna have to get down early to James Murphy if say. What's the capacity like of the stage he's playing? Plenty of space or a bit cramped? Never been to ep!

it takes alot to pack out the EA. Not certain how much it holds but its at leasta few thousand when full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

There you go ..
    A little bit from other voices is making me think ,il be there for weekend ..

http://http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/electric-picnic-2014-top-acts-things-to-do-and-what-to-bring-30539109.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 redser77

driving down Friday morning - am due to give my sis a lift who's doing some soul kids work. Usually we'd go together and enter via our own entrances which were on the same road - only she's just found out that this year she's to enter via Timahoe Rd.

Do you think the Gardai would let me divert onto that road - drop her and her work stuff at that gate (she's coming back for her camping stuff later) and either then return to the Abbeyleix Rd or do a lap of the place via Stradbally so I park my car and enter with the rest of the ticket goers? It's so hard to get an idea of what will happen as some Gardai on duty are lovely and some just think you are taking the mick & tell you to jog on - I've even taken to tweeting them to see could I check my chances

bjik4.gifvia Imgflip GIF Maker

This will do nicely if it holds. Even more nicely if those showers on Friday disappear.

(the Sunday night weirdly cycles round almost perfectly to the Friday there, which may cause confusion. Just look at the day in the top-right)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

Anyone know where The Blades are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I'm still hurting over the Mogwai/Outkast clash, but obviously seeing St. Vincent/Beck/Outkast will be fairly epic (And then onto Perfume Genius and end the weekend with some King Kong Company!).

Simple Minds clashing with The 1975 (yeah, I like them :cool:) is also not ideal. Otherwise it's been working out fairly perfectly for me. Still have FKA twigs, Asgeir, Temples and Vancouver Sleep CLinic to squeeze in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

Anyone know where The Blades are playing?

at a guess-rankins wood.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

They are playing the Cosby Tent, 9:30pm Saturday night. (I asked them on FB!)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Please baby jesus dont let flume, annie mac and duke dumont clash with anything..:O

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Just heard someone from met eireann on the radio, said friday could be wet and windy until the evening then sat much better and temps up to 20 degrees on sunday, suggested packing sun cream!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

Gaspode wrote: »
    They are playing the Cosby Tent, 9:30pm Saturday night. (I asked them on FB!)

Cheers. Will skip over for some blasts from the past!!

murdog! wrote: »
    Just heard someone from met eireann on the radio, said friday could be wet and windy until the evening then sat much better and temps up to 20 degrees on sunday, suggested packing sun cream!

They obviously just read yr.no as well!

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Connacht/Stradbally/long.html

• Advertisement

wrong stradbally, this looks a little better: http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Met Eireann reckon it'll be a decent weekend too:
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/
    Friday will see the weather start to become a little drier nationwide. There'll still be showers around during the afternoon and early evening but they should die away by Friday night and it'll become mainly dry overnight. Winds on Friday will be moderate to fresh southwesterly and temperatures are likely to remain unchanged on the week, between 16 and 18 degrees generally, dropping back to between 10 and 12 degrees overnight.

Saturday will be mainly dry with some sunshine, winds will be moderate west to southwest and temperatures unchanged on midweek values.

Currently the suggested track of ex tropical storm Cristobal through the north Atlantic, means that Ireland will be placed in a warm southerly flow on Sunday. If the track of the storm stays on the suggested course Sunday in Ireland will be a warm day with temperatures topping 20 degrees in a moderate southerly wind.

Although the further outlook for the following few days see temperatures fall back a little, it is still likely to be mild with a good deal of dry and settled weather for the start of September.

I'd take that, we have been spoiled the last few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

Did Le Galaxie not say they were headlining the EA on Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

this is the weather.

friday - bit crap to start but improving.

sat/sun - pretty awesome overall

note-might be breezy - may not great for sound at main stage

that is all

murdog! wrote: »

That was that Siobhan Ryan wan. I wouldn't heed her. Her forecasts are terrible. She's been doing the RTE weather for how many years now and every single one of her forecasts is delivered as though it was her first day on the job – nervous swallowing in the middle of words, mic placed too close to her overloud delivery leading to horrible distortion and popping, a look of terrified uncertainty barely concealed under a mask of self-conscious chirpiness. She also has a fondness for scattering her weather maps with rain that doesn't have any clouds attached, which is just silly.

The forecast you just heard from her was basically the general forecast for the entire country – the wet and windy part will actually be the northwest and we should be alright in Laois. Evelyn Cusack wouldn't have made that mistake, let me tell you. You can trust Evelyn, even if she often sounds a bit drunk.

robk84 wrote: »
    Did Le Galaxie not say they were headlining the EA on Saturday night?

in the video on the Vodafone site, i think they said they were playing the Rankin Woods stage on Saturday night, can't remember if they said headlining or not.

Dowdy wrote: »
    Evelyn Cusack wouldn't have made that mistake, let me tell you. You can trust Evelyn, even if she often sounds a bit drunk.
    not when she's behind the wheel though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Here's MT Cranium's forecast, I'll take that! Only thing might be a bit annoying setting up tent when it's raining.
    Wednesday, 27 August, 2014

Forecasts for Ireland

TODAY ... Dry at first in north and east, some brighter intervals with increasing cloud, but for south and west, it will be cloudy most of the day with showers developing south and west. Rather warm and humid, moderate southeast to south winds 40-60 km/hr with an interval of even stronger winds possible in west Munster mid-day (gusts to 90 km/hr may develop). ... Highs 18-20 C, warmest ahead of the rain. About 5-10 mm rain on average but 15 mm locally west Munster and coastal Connacht.

TONIGHT ... Stronger winds easing as they shift from south to southwest, rain continuing to move northeast with a partial clearance following from west Munster into the midlands. Lows 11-13 C.

THURSDAY ... Showers and thunderstorms developing, becoming quite windy in most areas (S-SW 50-80 km/hr) but stronger gusts to 100 km/hr possible around Donegal Bay and Mayo by late afternoon and evening .... Highs will reach about 18 C. Rainfalls of about 10-15 mm on average. These winds are not associated with Hurricane Cristobal which will be somewhere south of Nova Scotia at this point.

FRIDAY ... Continuing rather windy across the north (from SW to W 50-80 km/hr) but winds easing mid-day and afternoon especially south and central regions. Morning showers followed by some afternoon sunny intervals. Lows around 10 C and highs around 19 C.

SATURDAY ... Sunny intervals, pleasantly warm. Lows near 8-10 C and highs in the 18-21 C range.

SUNDAY ... Increasing cloud, showers or periods of rain by late afternoon or evening for parts of the northwest, but other regions sunny to mid-day then cloudy with late overnight showers. These will be associated with a front attached to remnants of distant "Cristobal" expected to be moving northeast near Iceland at this point. Lows 8-10 C and highs 19-23 C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭paulbok

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/stradbally/210204/weekend-weather/210204

Yep it's improving a bit for the weekend.

If the rain isn't too bad until Friday afternoon, then boots may do instead of wellies.
    Mind you, I got these last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement